Decorating Corvo Bianco

+
Decorating Corvo Bianco

So I'm curious where do you buy the paintings for Corvo Bianco? Is there a particular shop or do you only come across those during quests? Also I can not display any of my monster trophies. The game basically says I have no suitable items in my inventory when I cleary do. Or are those trophies not meant to be monster trophies? Or do I have to get them stuffed somewhere?

It's for a different kind of "trophies", from completing a gwent tournament and IDK what else. Not monster heads. Paintings - I got one during a side quest, but no clue where to find more so far.

Okay then. That's fine. Thought it was monster heads.

Still interested in finding out where you can buy paintings, if there is a possibility to do so.

Seems like you only get them via quest. I have gathered 2 paintings and 2 shields so far. So let's see whether there are more.

You can hang one from main game from halflings, and two are in HoS expansion from Olgierd mansion and auction..

The saddest thing was that I found out that after finishing HoS I've done some cleaning and sell those because there was no use for them and cannot remember to whom, damn.

I've made a list with what I know can be obtained - it should be complete - total of 7 paintings:
1x Main Game
2x HoS expansion
4x B&W expansion

List of all possible paintings:
1) Hierarch Hemmelfart //Base Game
// (You can get this one from the halflings in the Isolated Hut, during the "A Poet Under Pressure" quest (the one where you rescue Dandelion in the base game).
2) Starry Night Over the Pontar //HoS expansion
// (You can buy this painting for a measly 20 crowns in the auction during the "Open Sesame! quest" (in Hearts of Stone).
3) Portrait of Iris and Olgierd //HoS expansion
// (You can snatch this from the bedrom in Olgierd manor, while doing the "Scenes From a Marriage" quest in the first expansion.)
4) Geralt and possible griffin nearly naked :D //B&W expansion
// ("Portrait of the witcher as an old man" - Painter quest)
5) The White Wolf, by Count Beledal //B&W expansion
// ("Big Game Hunter" quest)
6) Geralt of Rivia banner shield //B&W expansion
// (Tournament quest trophy)
7) Old Elven Shield //B&W expansion
// ("Extreme cosplay" quest)

Last edited:
You can not Hang Olgierd and Iris painting. I have it and you can not hang it up. You can get one picture during big game hunter, you can get one picture during portrait of the witcher as an old man, you can get one shield during the tournament and another during the extreme cosplac quest. Not sure if there are any others but I doubt it.

Okay found another one, swap for the Olgierd painting, to be able to fill all the free slots.
It's down in a lake in a distant land created by hand :p
Nilfgardian Insignia - so also a banner shield ;-)

Okay found another one, swap for the Olgierd painting, to be able to fill all the free slots.
It's down in a lake in a distant land created by hand :p
Nilfgardian Insignia - so also a banner shield ;-)

Could you be any less specific? Where is it? What is it? Maybe post a map?

Damn I fought it was for the mansion. Found it in the wonderland in a lake chest, but it's also not working as a painting :(

Lol yeah... ;) So we are down to what? 6 again? Hemmelfahrt, Stary night over the Pontar, two Geralt paintings and 2 shields?

Yeah, I think Olgierd painting is a bug don't you thin? If it was working all will be okay :D

You can hang the "Prison Poster": Follow the story-branch where Geralt gets thrown into prison, while in prison do a tiny little side quest and you find the poster.

Can somebody tell me about the Elven shield? Do you obtain it automatically during the "Cosplay" quest, or do you loot it from a chest or something? I'm pretty sure i searched the area thoroughly ( and i visited the area again and searched but can't find it ). I even went all over the map visiting the merchants and the inns, in case i had already sold it to someone, but i can't find it.

You can hang the "Prison Poster": Follow the story-branch where Geralt gets thrown into prison, while in prison do a tiny little side quest and you find the poster.

Can somebody tell me about the Elven shield? Do you obtain it automatically during the "Cosplay" quest, or do you loot it from a chest or something? I'm pretty sure i searched the area thoroughly ( and i visited the area again and searched but can't find it ). I even went all over the map visiting the merchants and the inns, in case i had already sold it to someone, but i can't find it.
The shield and the sword are quest items. You need to equip both after lighting the torches to finish the quest.

But then It doesn't make sense because I did not went to any prison in my playthrough damn.

I know there's also an achievement for that prison path but a painting, I don't know but it seems unfair in a way to block it like that. So that would be the 7th to hang for sure?

Last edited:
The shield and the sword are quest items. You need to equip both after lighting the torches to finish the quest.

I finished that quest pretty early and i really don't remember equipping those items. Oh well, i'll just forget about it.

But then It doesn't make sense because I did not went to any prison in my playthrough damn.

I know there's also an achievement for that prison path but a painting, I don't know but it seems unfair in a way to block it like that. So that would be the 7th to hang for sure?

I also didn't go to jail in my original playthrough. I just tried a different path and happened to land in jail and find the poster. I guess it's a little unfair that you can't get it, unless you follow a specific path in the story, and it's also unfair that i'm missing the Starry Night painting because i have already sold it in order to finish the "Avid Collector" quest.

I think the whole Corvo Bianco villa, vineyard thingy was rushed or to say it better they started with it lately and didn't finish all the stuff in there properly.
It has lot of potential but not so much real functionality is in-game and these quest related paintings seem also somehow done with hot needle - just my opinion after finishing B&W.

I was thinking that after the quest about Geralt sitting for the portrait, he will be able to buy other ordinary paintings - landscapes, especially from that artist.
Why or why did the devs created so many paintings and didn't give us opportunity to buy them?
Quest paintings from the main game/DLC are trophys but personally I liked the ones we can find in the city. They totally look like we can buy them. Such a waste of good work.
Moreover, if the earlier paintings are sold/given away, we are left with 1-2 bare walls (depending on quest choices - Geralt can find one more paiting during his stay in the prison).

The place for the statue is empty - I never managed to find the item. What is supposed to be placed there (near the vine cellar)?

Seriously, more content can be added to Corvo Bianco.

Top Bottom