Deep analysis of Journey performed by Game Director himself

+
Gwent keeps getting better and better ! Yes, there are some minor bugs to be fixed, but HOLY MOLY this is <3 .

I just have a question.

Can I buy the premium pass now and later the 25 lvl jump if I decide for a smaller price?

Thanks
No, Fast Travel Bundle is a one-time offer, mutually exclusive with the standard Premium Pass purchase. However, once you're on the premium path, you will be able to purchase any number of 6 Lvl jumps to advance forward on the track.

No, Fast Travel Bundle is a one-time offer, mutually exclusive with the standard Premium Pass purchase. However, once you're on the premium path, you will be able to purchase any number of 6 Lvl jumps to advance forward on the track.
And how much do these 6 lvl jumps cost?

Thank you

@SlamaTwoFlags thank You for Your post and hard work. I like new system.

I just wondering. The cap limit will be increase. Player who play a lot, get Journey faster. But than what? What do You get for CP if You finish Your Journey? Cap limit and Journey isn't it a system of interconnected vessels?

It says in the posting once journey is finished, it reverts to the old system.

Hi team, I am most grateful for the post. It was exactly what I was looking for as I cluelessly navigated the system for a day. It was detailed and fact based which is my sort of thing. Interesting to learn about how you are thinking in designing this awesome game.

In my personal case with 2 small kids can hardly get time to play, but really work hard to dedicate every minute I have to gwent even by watching streamers, reading guides or playing and deck building. I can assure you that the whole experience is deeply fulfilling (more so now with some more RP) and makes my day during this quarantine period.

Cheers to you guys. The game keeps getting better and better. You deserve some praise.

Ernesto from Argentina

Thank you for this! Taking the time to present and analyze the data and conclusions is welcomed, as are the adjustments and bug fixes that you're making. I also appreciate the clarification that weekly quests are not lost or removed until the end.

On a related note, I had a question about the "Perfect Companion" and "Unlikely Friendship" contracts for which I haven't found an answer yet and I figured that I'd ask it here. Each of these has a completion requirement of 72, but at 3 quests a week for each path and 12 weeks total, that's 36 quests for each path. Each contract definitely progresses separately (see the screenshot below for reference). How does one complete 72 quests for each path? Should it be 36 for each path instead?

Contracts.png

I usually did 18 rounds in the old system ,which gave me weekly 28 rp and considering small rewards as ore its 630 ore worth 5-6 rp.
In total old system weekly rp 33-34.
In the new system without extended journey one can gain about 10.75 levels weekly .which is worth about 24 rp on average.Not to mention the nerf of bonus rp and small rewards from perks.Which makes this journey an innovative way to nerf stuff to avoid mass amount of players quitting in response.

Also the fact that with this system there is no way for anyone to complete 3 monthly trees fully for some even partly without a huge save.Which make this new system a complete failure .

Appreciate the detailed information regarding the update. Truthfully, I think CDPR is way overly optimistic about the amount of time most players will play this game. 7,5 hours a week just to complete each 3 month Journey is way too much to ask of F2P players in this marketplace and against other games out there. Already I find myself playing the game much less than compared to the pre-update structure. (Also, that 64% of players before were earning 0 Reward Points per day shows that a huge part of the player base barely or doesn't play).

As more cosmetics are added to the game, the value of each cosmetic decreases. Once one completes their card collection, or nearly completes it and just needs a few card pieces to craft the 1 or 2 cards needed for a newly desired deck, there is just not much incentive to grind for Reward Points.

Suggestion: Let F2P players earn actual content! Let us grind for Thronebreaker access or something similar.

Why time gate Journey for those who purchase? I understand locking the f2p version down to a specific time span but I think a good innovation for battle passes would be to let the cosmetic portions be completed at any time after purchase. Is it to drive engagement in a three month window? Are the higher unlocks are more for bragging rights for those who were able to complete the tasks in the specified time period?

I like that Journey can be purchased at the end of the time frame and you'll get all the past rewards. My game time fluctuates a lot so I never feel like I can sign up for a pass when it comes out when I might not be able to play later. This is less of a problem for games that are also on mobile.

So basicly you are telling people how hard it is to finish the journey even in 3 months time and how easy it is for them to just fully buy it instead. You should focus on balancing your game to be honest instead of getting greedier and greedier by the day. You have a lot of broken factions and leader abilities that need to be reworked, not to mention the new syndicate leader which is absolutely ridiculous. I think this is a 1st april joke but the joke is on us cause 1st of april passed and the syndicate leader is still in the game. Sometimes i have the feeling, you devs dont even play your own game or test stuff before making it live. C’est la vie!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Great explanation Slama, its this type of detailed information and communication i've been asking for (and complaining about its lack) for the past years. I expect this case to NOT be a one-time thing, and both you and the Gwent team will be more active and approachable to its playerbase from now on.

Also, i think this game really needs a centralized post of official information. Ideally, in-game or maybe the official site. Because for the past few weeks i've seen these forums and Gwent's reddit flooded with repeated questions about Gwent's recent, important changes, that could be avoided if that information was easily available and signaled

Thanks for the transparency and for being so receptive to the audience, Jason. Excited to see where the game goes from here.

Thanks for the analysis . Maybe I'm dumb but I don't understand where do you take this 100 CP per week. In the game all I see is the cap of 14 CP per day and no information about 100 CP per week?
I logged in today and I see that I have cap of 14/14 CP. So you still use cap per day? If so why it's not reset since I haven't played yet today?

Thank you for this! Taking the time to present and analyze the data and conclusions is welcomed, as are the adjustments and bug fixes that you're making. I also appreciate the clarification that weekly quests are not lost or removed until the end.

On a related note, I had a question about the "Perfect Companion" and "Unlikely Friendship" contracts for which I haven't found an answer yet and I figured that I'd ask it here. Each of these has a completion requirement of 72, but at 3 quests a week for each path and 12 weeks total, that's 36 quests for each path. Each contract definitely progresses separately (see the screenshot below for reference). How does one complete 72 quests for each path? Should it be 36 for each path instead?

View attachment 11035325
I just noticed that I am sitting at 0/72 at Unlikely Friendship even though I have completed the three quests and I have bought the Premium Pass. Surely it will be fixed shortly. GG

I found the weekly cap annoying. :rolleyes:

At least, please fix the wording error.

Attachments

• gwent.jpg
    gwent.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 105
I reached my weekly limit too. Two questions:
1. When does the weekly limit reset?
2. If I play and win, I don't get any reward in this system, if I reach this limit?

Top Bottom