Deep analysis of Journey performed by Game Director himself

+
Thank you for sharing your work and thoughts. It was interesting to read.
I guess, as your data shows, most players will be happier with the new system (journey) as they can easier earn reward points. Also the pressure to make daily income subsides. Well, it moved to a weekly basis.
As lke in politics you can't make it right for everyone.

For me as a regular (saisonal) player I see two drawbacks.
1) I will make less reward points (RP) during the journey as you mentioned because of those cosmetics and fewer points.
2) you removed the small rewards from the crown system gained at prestige level 4 which are as of today back in place. So I am not sure if it stays that way.
I just want to argue that as you progress your experience and the more contracts are finished the less extra reward points a player can get. That said I find it good a player gets a little compensation.
I don't know the chances for those extra rewards as I am about 21000 experience points away from prestige 4 but I hope I will find out.

Without minor rewards gameplay now feels rather upsetting because gameplay time doesn't feel payoff. Player now have two choises: hardcore grind or play one game a day. Being an average player and play 6 matches a day pretty much pointless now due to achieving reward points is a long process so you cannot achieve anything often.
At this point not getting enough rewards in a game about collecting stuff is a harsh decision. Average player will be forced either grind more or give up on the game\play one game a day. Grinding for such a player more likely will couse burning out and giving up as well.
I liked Gwent for allowing me play in such an average temp and achieve fair reward. Now this advantage feels gone. I'm not sure what to do now.

DRK3

Forum veteran
It's really annoying that this returns after every Match. Showing that info one time a Day would be enough.

When does the new week start tomorrow or end of the week?

Now im confused, that you and other players have already reached the weekly cap.

From the explanation Slama gave, i got the impression they tried the 100 crown weekly cap, but then changed it to 350 and that's what we have. Have you guys reached those 350 crowns in 3/4 days?

Now im confused, that you and other players have already reached the weekly cap.

From the explanation Slama gave, i got the impression they tried the 100 crown weekly cap, but then changed it to 350 and that's what we have. Have you guys reached those 350 crowns in 3/4 days?
I think it's still at 100 Crowns and they will change it next week with the bug fixes.
We need to do a few things and ask your patience:

1. The weekly cap should be increased to 350.
  2. Several bugs need to be ironed out including how the daily bonuses work.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown, but I just can't understand the reasoning behind putting a daily or weekly cap on earning cp in the first place, when I'm not earning anything for my games it makes me want to stop playing, until I complete my collection just playing for mmr doesn't seem worth it to me, it's like your telling people that once they win a certain amount you don't want them playing anymore. It is the same for me in Hearthstone, when I get my 100 daily gold and complete my daily quest I stop playing, I admit that Gwent is the most generous free2play CCG I've played so far, but I know for certain that I would play the game a lot more if the cap was increased or removed. Don't want this to sound overly negative however, this is definitely my favourite CCG I'm playing at the moment and I appreciate all the work the team is doing to provide us with these updates.

Thank you for your explanation.

But with the F2P path players who used to complete 6 or 18 winning rounds are still getting less RP with the new system.

Why? Because some rewards in the F2P path are cosmetics. But a lot of players would rather have RP.

So one thing that could solve this issue is to allow players to choose in the F2P path if there want 5 RP or cosmetics.

Journey is a great idea, but I think the next one needs some tweak. With the minor rewards gone, and the RP rewards are less Than in the old system, some Player will be in trouble to colect ressources. I would give more RP, because the Player must play more matches for the same rewards or I would somehow bring Back the minor rewards. And no, it is not for me, I got enough ressources, but most players not. And it is really frustrating and some (many?) players may quit.

Hey! first time on the forums, thought I will leave some feedback.

I enjoy Gwent the most out of any card games, however seeing the reward structure is very demotivating for me to engage any time in it. Let's get to why:

I do not have 70 hours to spend on Gwent weekly. I don't have 20 hours to spend on Gwent weekly. I am OK with losing event rewards, like cool icons or Geralt clothes, however this is what I'm not OK with:

There are 3 pages in reward book. I am aiming to fill monsters SECTION of the first page fully. This makes me fall behind on all the new card decks. This also makes me feel like every single month I'll get further and further away from other players. Why do new players get so few keys and why do old book pages never get cheaper? Also why are we forced topick between being competitive and going for current rewards and the eastethics, as the middle reward icon is always about cards, but the outer ones are all about looking pretty. I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle in order to look pretty in my tiny courner over there, while I'm supposed to be collecting new expansion cards to be competitive.

It is very hard to pick up Gwent as a new player, unlike, let's say, Heartstone, where you grind currency and then buy card packs, or adventures and then complete them for rewards.

Thanks for the analysis. I play gwent almost every day with up to 18 rounds won (3 + 6 games), less often up to 24 rounds.
I liked the fact that in the old system of awards I knew for sure that for one or another number of games I would receive an award right away. Thanks to this approach, I can predict how much RP I need to earn to completely close the seasonal tree or leader.

In the current situation, it saddens me that after gaining 100 crowns in the (future 350), it makes no sense to play further because there are no rewards. It turns out that the developer himself limits my interest in the game. What is wrong with some players being able to unlock all travel rewards very quickly?

I would like to propose this option: Well, you want to limit the player in receiving crowns, so that the journey takes longer. And what if you do this: leave the crown points limit of 350 per week, and after reaching this figure the player could receive a reward according to the old system for the last 6, 12, 24, 24 rounds won. Yes, I imagine that scoring 350 points in less than a week is a hardcore game, but at the same time who plays a lot can know for sure the developer does not forget about the most ardent fans of the game, or those who are aimed at cyber sports.

Thus, you could strike a balance between new players willing to play a few hours a week and those who can devote enough time to the game. And you do not discourage the desire to continue playing your wonderful game after a weekly set of crown points.

I do not mention the small award +15 of ore, dust, and fragments that were issued earlier. As a high-level player, I didn’t get much benefit from such a reward, but for beginners this is a great way to play another game of gwent. After all, I myself remember very well while for opening the barrel I did not have enough 10 units of ore, or fragments to craft the necessary map. In this case, you can return this reward to that limit of 350 points, playing in it you will receive small rewards, but as soon as you would overcome this limit, such awards would not be issued.

Now the bonus for the 6th and 7th level of prestige for completing daily tasks does not work. There are also suspicions that for the 8th level, the reward does not fall out. (I played a lot of matches since the release of the new patch, but I never got my points from an opponent for the game, just scraps and ore) Or is the chance of a rewind point falling so low?

I hope you read this text. And sorry for my english. This is not my native language.

Thanks!

What happens when someone completes Journey? Is it possible to win more reward points using the old system or you can't do anything more for the rest of the duration of Journey? I think that's the only question that I can't figure out entirely with this post.

By the way, awesome job, this is the best update since Homecoming.
Jason confirmed on reddit the old system will kick in once the journey is completed.

I think the weekly cap is still 100!

Are you guys planning another hotfix for the journey quests?
They are still bugged for some people as described here:

As you can see, all 6 quests appear to have been completed for me:

Looking at the contracts however, only the 3 quests from the standard path have been acknowledged as completed by the game:

If I had received all 120 crowns from the quests, that alone should have put me at level 6 on the Journey, since you start at level 1 and 120 crowns from quests equals 5 levels of progress.

Looking at the amount of games I have played this season so far though, you can see that 23 wins netted me another 46 crowns.

I also maxed out the well-rested bonus on both days which means another 28 crowns for a total of 74 crowns from wins alone, not even counting single crowns from 2-1 losses. 74 crowns equals just over 3 levels which should put me on level 9 by now, but as you can see from the pictures in the beginning, I am not even level 8 yet.

TL;DR: Even if the quests show as completed in the journey tab, you might not have gotten the rewards from them yet. Check the contracts "Perfect Companion" and "Unlikely Friendship" to see if the game acknowledges them as completed or not.

Hey! first time on the forums, thought I will leave some feedback.

I enjoy Gwent the most out of any card games, however seeing the reward structure is very demotivating for me to engage any time in it. Let's get to why:

I do not have 70 hours to spend on Gwent weekly. I don't have 20 hours to spend on Gwent weekly. I am OK with losing event rewards, like cool icons or Geralt clothes, however this is what I'm not OK with:

There are 3 pages in reward book. I am aiming to fill monsters SECTION of the first page fully. This makes me fall behind on all the new card decks. This also makes me feel like every single month I'll get further and further away from other players. Why do new players get so few keys and why do old book pages never get cheaper? Also why are we forced topick between being competitive and going for current rewards and the eastethics, as the middle reward icon is always about cards, but the outer ones are all about looking pretty. I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle in order to look pretty in my tiny courner over there, while I'm supposed to be collecting new expansion cards to be competitive.

It is very hard to pick up Gwent as a new player, unlike, let's say, Heartstone, where you grind currency and then buy card packs, or adventures and then complete them for rewards.
Hey,
I'm so happy, that you like Gwent most, like me!
I will try to shed a little more light at your game progress.
You don't get behind by fiilling monster section. There is only few monster kegs there. You got gold and scraps on those section, and that's what matters. You use it for new kegs. And yes, I would reccomend you to got for monster kegs. And that would make you fall behind.
But, like some youtube films shows, it's possible to get from 0 to pro rank in just one season. Look BUSHr on youtube, he is showing it.
You also get a lot Reward points. You have so many contracts each game, don't you? Begginer got MORE RP than old player.

With steady play, like 2 hours a day for few months, you should catch up. With cards.
If you play lesd - yep, you will fall behind.
I agree with you, I would opt for some way for new player to get more kegs! I was lucky to play in beta so "ingame money" if we talk about cards is not a problem for me. But I understand that for new player it could be a problem.
But for some reason, every card game I know have system, that make players play regulary for a long time to get cards or pay a lot. As far as I know, Hearthstone is even harder for new players to catch up. I played it a little, and rewards are smaller. Maybe people buying kegs are actuall guys funding games like this? Don't know

I mean, someone having worse system is not reason for others for having bad system too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is:
  1. You are having more reward points than old players (because of contracts)
  2. It is possible to "catch up" with old players with meta deck in month by playing regulary.
  3. It is possible to "catch up" with old players with most part of important collection in, I don't know like a year of playing regullary.
  4. I agree, there should be way for new players to catch up faster, at least one faction. But I don't think it can be done, since other card games make it even harder.
  5. Making things even cheaper may not be best way. Old players already have full colection maxed, sometimes with meteorite powder too. Making things even cheaper would make take fun from progression, and not everyone want to be "pro", some want fun by unlocking things.

Screenshot_20200406-232528.png

this message is annoying, not informative and pops-up after every standard game.
It is enough to tell me once that i reached the cap, tell me, please, only one a week.
P.S. An put a parameter inside [0].

That is a nice analisys for the reward points, tho i still feel we'll be getting less in the long run, since i was making at least 4 per day with the 6-12 rewards.

What bother me most and wasn't addressed is the remove of minor rewards, that's a HUGE hit that affects veterans and mostly new players.

There seems to be no reason for it exept a "you don't get them anymore" thing, and since RP will be fewer it seems like making peop,e starve for resources and make them buy kegs with money.

Was that hard to put resources every 4 crowns, so with the daily well rested bonus (14 crowns) it would have been every 2 for the start, and then every 4, similar to the old 6-12 and then 24 reward points sistem?

Till you don't expalin that i'm not sure you can still be trusted as before, because that's really taking away something without reason nor explanation, not even for the new journey system.

No, Fast Travel Bundle is a one-time offer, mutually exclusive with the standard Premium Pass purchase. However, once you're on the premium path, you will be able to purchase any number of 6 Lvl jumps to advance forward on the track.

Hello,

Unfortunately, I bought premium pass, and then, after few days I bought fast travel bundle - it didn't work, I guess I simply lost the money? Or can I ask for refund?

Top Bottom