Delamain and Tarot?

+
Just a couple of quick questions:

1. After finishing Delamain's quest line where you rescue him, is there more? Because it's Cyberpunk I kinda thought helping out a quasi-AI was gonna turn into something down the road but but I did those quests at the beginning of my 150hr playthrough so by the time I was done, I forgot about him, lol. Now I'm remembering, "Hey! Whatever happened with that Delamain guy?" and I'm wondering, did I miss something?

2. I got all the Tarot cards for Misty but there were two left undiscovered that she lead me to believe would be discovered down the road. And I did discovered one of them in the endgame but nothing resulted because... it was endgame :) so again, did I miss something?

Thanks!

1. After finishing Delamain's quest line where you rescue him, is there more? Because it's Cyberpunk I kinda thought helping out a quasi-AI was gonna turn into something down the road but but I did those quests at the beginning of my 150hr playthrough so by the time I was done, I forgot about him, lol. Now I'm remembering, "Hey! Whatever happened with that Delamain guy?" and I'm wondering, did I miss something?

I believe for Delemain it is pretty much business as usual no matter what choice you choose, either Delemain's son takes over the Delemain network, Delemain reverts to previous backup or Delemain is destroyed but there is still the part of his network that takes care of Excellsior clients that eventually takes control of the rest of the business, all of them give you the same car as a reward and that car outside of the initial dialogue never speaks to you again until you get to the ending and you take the new Delemain air cab which is available no matter which choice you choose!

I believe for Delemain it is pretty much business as usual no matter what choice you choose, either Delemain's son takes over the Delemain network, Delemain reverts to previous backup or Delemain is destroyed but there is still the part of his network that takes care of Excellsior clients that eventually takes control of the rest of the business, all of them give you the same car as a reward and that car outside of the initial dialogue never speaks to you again until you get to the ending and you take the new Delemain air cab which is available no matter which choice you choose!
Thanks, I got that part but I was wondering if there was something farther down the road, endgame-y or another branch of the quest that picks up much later in the game. It just seem like helping out an AI would be a big deal and I thought at the time "This is so gonna be a thing later in the game". I guess not?

Thanks, I got that part but I was wondering if there was something farther down the road, endgame-y or another branch of the quest that picks up much later in the game. It just seem like helping out an AI would be a big deal and I thought at the time "This is so gonna be a thing later in the game". I guess not?
No, it's more like trying to make you reason since very early on in the game about morals to impact your decisionmaking throughout the story.

Unfortunately not as far as I can tell, unless somebody else knows otherwise? Would be nice if there were little touches such as if you destroy the core and free the other AIs you can find the cars driving around Night City from time to time but from what I can tell there is no difference in anything no matter what choice you make, even the ending where you take a Delemain air cab to the Afterlife.

I was expecting to get a funny talking car after finishing his missions - and to choose between all those that I'd resqued - but the car is ordinary and I never use it.

Since you get a trophy after finding 20 out of 22 Tarot cards it's clear that they don't play any important role. I wish I could ask Misty about each of the cards and she would at least tell a story about Jackie or herself. Without that it's just boring - why should I read about pointless cards in a menu? They played a role in Persona, but here? Should've used them for Gwent instead, lol.

She and Vic seem like sweet characters but throgh the whole game you don't learn much about either of them. Tarot quest could've told you some backstory of Misty - like, this deck is made by Jackie, so finding all of them could've been a quest to know him better. But nah. Read the texts, samurai.

Since you get a trophy after finding 20 out of 22 Tarot cards it's clear that they don't play any important role. I wish I could ask Misty about each of the cards and she would at least tell a story about Jackie or herself. Without that it's just boring - why should I read about pointless cards in a menu? They played a role in Persona, but here? Should've used them for Gwent instead, lol.
The cards don't do anything per se other than tell V's future, you need to find all of them and tell her to read them to you, before the ending.

The cards don't do anything per se other than tell V's future, you need to find all of them and tell her to read them to you, before the ending.
I know, I did it. And it's pointless. I spent too much time to get them all and the reward is just a dialogue about nothing.

I know, I did it. And it's pointless. I spent too much time to get them all and the reward is just a dialogue about nothing.
Not trying to lecture you here.
However, if you were a little bit into spirituality and mysticism, you could probably appreciate it more. It adds a somewhat comforting layer to a bleak situation. But you need to be able to engage with it. For me it was really fun to find all the murals and get the cards laid after every story mission to get a foreshadowing of what may come next.

I did the Delamain storyline and chose to shoot the core and free his kids, then while in Vic's clinic when V's condition is worse near the ending there was a weird whisper in a female voice saying "Delamain was your guardian angel", did anyone else get this?

Not trying to lecture you here.
However, if you were a little bit into spirituality and mysticism, you could probably appreciate it more. It adds a somewhat comforting layer to a bleak situation. But you need to be able to engage with it. For me it was really fun to find all the murals and get the cards laid after every story mission to get a foreshadowing of what may come next.

It's so funny that you mentioned it, because I'm an astrologer and work with Tarot on regular basis. And although I'm really glad that at least one person had fun with this quest, I dare to say that they added Tarot not because of some spirituality theme, but because - let's be honest - a reader of Tarot cards is a cliche that is overused to make some character look wiser and mysterious for giving you vague clues about your character's future.

And since we're talking about spirituality, I think they focused on the wrong details. This quest could be done so much better with just a little improvement. For example, it's been established that the Tarot cards Misty uses were a gift from Jackie. And if we take a closer look to the pictures on her cards, we see that they are simillar to the graffity we find in the quest - which, if I remember correctly, only V can see or at least pays attention to.

So instead of talking about some higher power that shows the path to V (which, for me, is boring the way it's done in the game), Misty should get all nervous and imply that it's a sign from Jackie. V, of course, tries to reason her, but Misty demands to find more of these graffitties - so they could unserstand what Jackie tries to say. So now the quest is not just about random collectibles - it becomes personal for V, since it's about Jackie's memories. And it works for character development too, because not only Misty doesn't look like some weird oracle anymore, but also we can easily understand why she is so eager to believe that it's a sign from Jackie - and we feel sympathy for her.

This way the quest really becomes spiritual because there's a question: is Jackie really giving us signs from the other side - or is it just a sign of V's guilt for letting him die?

Besides each card that we find would be rewarded with some dialogue line from Misty who's trying to explain the meaning of this card to V, for example.

I did the Delamain storyline and chose to shoot the core and free his kids, then while in Vic's clinic when V's condition is worse near the ending there was a weird whisper in a female voice saying "Delamain was your guardian angel", did anyone else get this?

Del is one of the only 6 non-playable characters that is defined as a "primary character" in the game files, I have a strong feeling that he was intended to be used for much more content than we got and that "AI's" in general were meant to play a bigger role.
The voice is Alt's voice.

I really wish we could have done more for the Delamains, like saving Delamain Prime and giving the kids servers of their own...
Though, at least Delamain had logs to be a kind of memory backup (sorta).
If you follow the Skippy gun quest and return him to his owner (the fixer Regina), he really gets shafted - reset to factory settings, no logs, no personality, no nothing :(

Del is one of the only 6 non-playable characters that is defined as a "primary character" in the game files, I have a strong feeling that he was intended to be used for much more content than we got and that "AI's" in general were meant to play a bigger role.
The voice is Alt's voice.
That means Alt tells V destroying Delamain was a mistake, but destroying the core is what pleases Johnny the most.
If Delamain is truly an ally then V should do what Delamain wants, reset the core.
I wonder how often in the game Johnny steers V in the wrong direction.
The cab firms previous boss acquired the AI from Alte Weltordnung which translates to old world order.
I'm not sure if old world order is relevant but then 'Alte' seems too on the nose.

That means Alt tells V destroying Delamain was a mistake, but destroying the core is what pleases Johnny the most.
If Delamain is truly an ally then V should do what Delamain wants, reset the core.
I wonder how often in the game Johnny steers V in the wrong direction.
The cab firms previous boss acquired the AI from Alte Weltordnung which translates to old world order.
I'm not sure if old world order is relevant but then 'Alte' seems too on the nose.

Probably, the main story doesn't work in an open world game, cut content aside the story is very linear and there are ALOT of gaping holes.

Your entire relationship with Johnny would even being to make sense if you follow the quests at a specific order any deviation and you go you just woke up with a the ghost of Osama Bon Jovi in your head and to you best buds with the ghost of xmas past depending on which ever side mission/street story you trigger Johnny's appearance on.

It's also the same problem with Del, you go from not knowing that UberXterminate is even a thing to you and Del being best buds on a first name basis the moment you get out of your apartment after the heist and you try to get into your car.

Not only that it's lazy design as far as the entire quest goes, but it's clear why they've done it and that is because there was so little content and the main story was so linear that they wanted to push players into meeting with Goro just across the street instead of going their own way and removing your vehicle is an easy way to achieve that, it's basically extending the Watson lockdown in the prologue by a bit further (you can also bug the shit out of this quest if you actually do side missions before the heist and simply buy another car...).

I think at the early stages of the design of the game they had planned for a very similar quest structure to TW3, where you had a single main quest that sets the main motivation for your playable character, but the bulk of the content revolves around other primary characters that aren't neccarily needed for the main plot, they might drive it to some extent but the bulk of their content works as independent adventures, e.g. the Baron, Crones, Radovid etc.

Out of those we probably only really got Panam and Sobchak (River) intended content and even that might have been cut and reused to drive the main story further especially Panam's quest line.
Judy is just a secondary character according to the game files, so is Jacky, Ev on the other hand is a primary character while one can argue that it's not that important which folder Ev's files reside in in the game archives and if her character has a few additional scripts/options but I think it kinda indicates what the intent was for those characters at least at some point.

The Ev we got was essentially not important as a character at all, there is no interaction with her, she is just a plot device to kick off the heist and then the plot device used to maintain the relationship between V and Judy to be that seems a bit off considering that she has less screen time than many tertiary (again the nomenclature CDPR uses in their own game files) such as Victor and even arguably less impact on the story, you could write her off and nothing really changes.
Heck even Judy's quest line doesn't really change since her wanting to take over Clouds for the Mox doesn't require Ev to exist.

*Tell him it was your guardian angel, Johnny says this in response to Vic telling V they shoved his patient off the table and demanded to be treated.
The voice sounded feminine because V is speaking Johnny's lines out loud, much to Vics displeasure.

Top Bottom