Delamain is from behind Blackwall...?

+
1627329833694.png

Looking at the steam profile... it didn't occur me that... Delamain is actually an AI who was from behind the Blackwall.

I was reading through here:
https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Artificial_intelligence

And it really hit me after reading this paragraph:
"Although observation of the Blackwall indicates that rogue AIs trapped on the other side are constantly probing it for weaknesses and seek to break out, rumors persist that the AIs helped NetWatch build the Blackwall in the first place."

Now imagine you're an AI that went through Blackwall and reached the real world, a super entity that is capable of taking over industries and outcompeting humans?
The first step of action is to PREVENT anyone else getting through, otherwise they might compete and outsmart you, disrupt your plans, and that's not what you want.

So I'm just left wondering if we're not exactly told everything about Delamains network. He could be connected to a larger group of AI entities, that perhaps meet in secret, since they seem to have an eye for planning together for some sort of universal goal.

Then there's the more vile AI, the rogue AI kind, which instead of cold hard calculation and fake smiles, they just seek to cut and slice people without further planning, those that take over cyberpsychos. But there are also the cold calculative kind that do take over people (the blue eyed people) and just use their bodies to deliver messages and exchange orders with human leadership.

Now the reason why Peralez was mind controlled was probably because of this AI leadership which was in control of industries (AI's like Delamain) saw Peralez anti-corporate stances and taxes as harm for their benefit.

I wonder if at one point we might see some kind of council of AI's in some group meeting, making their plans and paying attention to the Blackwall crumbling.
1627331121042.png

Could it even be that the Blackwall is operated by Arasaka corporation... in Arasaka Waterfront?

According to wiki, Blackwall itself is an AI as well, and needs probably massive power source to operate, and a TON of cooling.

Yeah I guess... Must have missed the reference.
IIRC there was an optional dialogue to ask Delamain and he'll tell you yes.

You can access more computers in Delamain HQ during Don't Lose Your Mind and find emails about him being purchased from beyond the Black Wall from some corp with a German email address. I haven't been able to find anything else about them in game.

delamain.jpg

For some additional NetWatch is a bunch of assholes, it should be noted that the only reason the organization and Net exist at all is due to the fact that they were assisted by an AI in developing countermeasures that destroyed most of Rache Bartmosss' RABIDs and Engram clones of himself that were insane as well as preventing anyone from rebuilding cyberspace.

What AI was this?

Alt Cunningham.

This is from Cyberpunk RED, FYI.

For some additional NetWatch is a bunch of assholes, it should be noted that the only reason the organization and Net exist at all is due to the fact that they were assisted by an AI in developing countermeasures that destroyed most of Rache Bartmosss' RABIDs and Engram clones of himself that were insane as well as preventing anyone from rebuilding cyberspace.

What AI was this?

Alt Cunningham.

This is from Cyberpunk RED, FYI.
Wow thanks for the tip.

So Alt Cunningham was the creator of Blackwall, which I guess means she's not evil and kind of neutral entity in this greater conflict.

I all makes sense now.

Last edited:
Wow thanks for the tip.

So Alt Cunningham was the creator of Blackwall, which I guess means she's (at least the moment of creating it) not evil and kind of neutral entity in this greater conflict.

I all makes sense now.

It also underscores the fact the Voodoo Boyz intend to betray humanity as MASSIVELY misreading Alt's motivations.

Top Bottom