Deleted

+

Guest 4648042

deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

rrc

Forum veteran
In a day, devotion decks are going to be obsolete and utterly unplayable.. so, even though I can give you some pointers on this deck, I don't want to waste your time by giving advice on a deck which is going to be playable only for a day.

Even now, how do you handle Melusine? How do you handle Sigvald? Trying devotion is so painful, so my advice would be to craft Heatwave and Beatification and add that for foreseeable future in all your decks.

Guest 4648042

deleted

I agree with rrc.

Nevertheless i would change some cards.

The idea of this leader is play as many nature cards you can. Also you need to think to balance simbiosis cards and nature cards you want to play in A long The round.

Someone one time has made made a comparative, something like this.

IF you play a round with 6 turns.

First 3 cards simbyosis and Last 3 cards nature. You Will get 12 points tokens ( counting leader)

IF you play 2 simbyosis and 4 nature you Will get 12 points

1 simbyosis and 5 nature - 10 points.

4 simbyosis and 2 nature you Will get 10 points.

5 simbyosis and 1 nature - 6 points.

So you can see you need to be perfect balance tô get more points. You dont need to play so many symbiosis cards.

Of course we are not counting freixenet and eithne Here.

So i would take of some of those symbiosis cards and put more nature.

Also i would try to fit simlas in The deck.

Take of saskia and sirssa. Put simlas and one more bountifull

Take od one canel guardian, put one more circle of Live.

I would make more changes (like put council, maybe take off shaping nature) , but for dont change all the deck i think its fine

I tried to build a deck myself and I am doing reasonably well (at least I think so). But I feel like a lot of things are going over my head, so could you guys give me some advice to improve my deck? Also: any advice on making it feel a bit less clunky? It takes ages to set everything up.
Here it is:

View attachment 11310253
If you plan to stick to devotion, you’ll need more payoffs for that (like cutting Gord, he’s not good for this list, Saskia and Sirrissa cuz they don’t synergy with anything here).
Also you must profit more from the units you spawn with Symbiosis: Oak and Gezras are reasonable choices (Gezras is not that vulnerable to locks since we have caress and 5-6 damage is not that threatening since we can handbuff him with our Bountiful Harvests).
Oakcritters also work good for Gezras and Oak (8 for 4 with devotion and 2 bodies) works just fine.

I can share a link, if you’re interested in the variant I’m playing (easy 100+ points in the long round, managed to beat Melusine-Sigvald nonsense too).

Guest 4648042

deleted

Also I don’t think it’s good to mix handbuff with Symbiosis since you don’t profit from the handbuff (the deck doesn’t have Torque, Sheldon, Aglais) so there’s no point in running Dunca and Circles of Life

rrc

Forum veteran
so first: Why will it be unplayable in a day? I started two days ago, so please excuse my lack of knowledge :). So I should change strategies? What is good for the Scioa'tael?
I am sorry, didn't mean to discourage you. I am an ST main with 3500+ wins with ST and 210 games this season, playing ST of course. In a day, a new expansion drops, called Black Sun which introduces powerful cards called Scenarios which can only be answered by either Heatwave or Beatification (both being neutral cards). If you don't answer these scenarios, you are most likely going to lose, unless you also play a scenario (and the opponent doesn't remove it).

Since you are very new, you are probably playing in lower ranks in which you may not face these OP cards (BTW, never play casual games.. only play ranked which at least guarantees that you face players with your similar skill/deck level). The reason for my original post was, I have been trying Nature's gift for last few days and find very hard to win when facing certain decks. If you face Skellige self wound or alchemy, it is almost a guarantee that you will lose. There are plenty of other decks to which you lose on the spot when the game starts if you don't have Heatwave or some kind of tall punish.

Now, coming to your deck, I agree with @EduFerraz and his points. Basically, you have mixed two archetypes, harmony and nature's gift. Unlike other factions in which cards that support one archetypes can be used in others, in ST, they are all extremely anti synergetic. So, lose all harmony cards and add as many nature card as possible. Simlas is the saviour for ST and if you don't have him, your ST deck is instantly 50% weaker and you lose your chance to win (all my points are valid once you rank up.. at very low rank, any deck and win any deck).

This is currently the deck I build and using it.

Nature's Gift.jpg

Isengrim's Council guarantees Simlas or Zoltan.. Use Zoltan in R1 or R2 to tempo and survive and use Simlas in R3. There can be many other variations and my deck may not be the best one. But it is really good and sticks to the Nature Gift archetype. I know you won't have most of the cards and if you want to craft, for Nature's Gift and in General, this would be my preferred order:
Simlas,
Zoltan (general purpose tempo card),
Bountiful Harvest x 2(over cost junk card, but nature gift needs this)
Guardian may look junk/weak, but she has her use. With her on board, with Nature's Rebuke, you can reach 7 damage which is necessary in many cases.
Lose Circle of Life.. it is a pathetic card at 5P. Use it after it gets buffed to 4P in 2 years or so.
Dunca is a general purpose nice card

All in all I agree with @rrc : devotion deck (especially without good faction control tools) suffer much from binary cards like Scenarios or unremovable things (Melusine, Keltulis, Sigvald etc).
Nature’s Gift is an example of a deck without that much control (2 Rebukes is not enough at all to stop certain decks).

Anyway this archetype is at least not toxic and a lot of fun when playing especially in lower ranks
Post automatically merged:

I sent a deck in DM since I don’t know if posting links is allowed on the forum

Guest 4648042

deleted

Top Bottom