Demotivate Forfeiting Games

+
Surely if experience is in part related to playing cards, then it already is demotivated. Otherwise, who cares if people forfeit. I encourage it, feel free to forfeit on me if the match screen is still loading.

I forfeit on the last second on one condition only. Even this was discussed before, but still: I passed I have already lost the game. Now, if the opponent tries to play another card, I instantly forfeit. Note here: I know I have already lost and I didn't forfeit. I pass, giving the opponent a chance to pass and take the win. But if the opponent wants to show off, I consider that unsportsmanship (or whatever it is called) and I forfeit. Yes, the last second. After I have passed. If you had won and the opponent is good sport enough to pass and make you win, just take it. But I don't forfeit if the opponent is going to win on the last card (even if I am sure the defeat is inevitable), but after having won if the opponent keeps on using the orders I forfeit.

You have to remember there are certain contracts / achievements that almost require you to play to the last card. E.g. "win a round by 50 points" comes to my mind first. If everyone forfeits on these situations, how is one suppose to pull these certain contracts off?

I agree if the opponent seems to just want to win by 10 points instead of 5 it's just showing off then. Usually I don't GG them at the end.

I forfeit on the last second on one condition only. Even this was discussed before, but still: I passed I have already lost the game. Now, if the opponent tries to play another card, I instantly forfeit. Note here: I know I have already lost and I didn't forfeit. I pass, giving the opponent a chance to pass and take the win. But if the opponent wants to show off, I consider that unsportsmanship (or whatever it is called) and I forfeit. Yes, the last second. After I have passed. If you had won and the opponent is good sport enough to pass and make you win, just take it. But I don't forfeit if the opponent is going to win on the last card (even if I am sure the defeat is inevitable), but after having won if the opponent keeps on using the orders I forfeit.

This is a good point and I'm sure it happens. But, unless the lead is a safe distance, due to several factors like auto-boosting, sometimes you have to play an additional card to be safe. But, there are also legitimate situations where the opponent wants to play the last card(s). Perhaps he wants to try something? Perhaps you just prevent him at that, and then you're unspotsmanlike.

I once passed on an elf with a trap with one card left. I thought it was that damage 5 thing, inexperience sure, but I had a 5-6 point lead and he had passed. Boom, boost on pass, 8 points, lost.

I also don't mind if the opponent forfeit at the last second. It happens a lot to me too. On my last card I play GaunterOD (or Octvist) and before I could activate his ability (playing Foltest), the opponent forfeits, 99% of the time, even though I was going to win after I use his order ability.

Yeah, I don't really mind either, but what's the point? Forfeit just seems like a sore loser and unsportsmanlike.

May be the opponent forfeits because he/she thought you were showing off or irritated by the last card combo or some kind of retaliation for the other player's behavior. So, punishment for forfeiting and all are just ridiculous. Just be a good sport and play properly showing respect to the other player and eventually, you will get opponent who doesn't forfeit at the last millisecond.

Well, I'm showing proper respect to players, or try to, always. But yet they forfeit.

I forfeit on the last second on one condition only. Even this was discussed before, but still: I passed I have already lost the game. Now, if the opponent tries to play another card, I instantly forfeit. Note here: I know I have already lost and I didn't forfeit. I pass, giving the opponent a chance to pass and take the win. But if the opponent wants to show off, I consider that unsportsmanship (or whatever it is called) and I forfeit. Yes, the last second. After I have passed. If you had won and the opponent is good sport enough to pass and make you win, just take it.
This. Happend to me 3 times yesterday.

You guys have all these stupid rules, oh, I'm not gonna GG if he forfeits, if he plays too slow/fast, if he's boring, if he does this or that, if he has this deck or that deck...

I did the same sort of thing. But now I thought about it and came to the conclusion that all this is pointless, so I decided I'm just gonna GG everyone.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I GG everyone except those who forfeit or those who had a terrible game. Let's say, it could be taken badly if you had an obvious terrible game and the opponent GG you.

rrc

Forum veteran
I GG everyone except those who forfeit or those who had a terrible game. Let's say, it could be taken badly if you had an obvious terrible game and the opponent GG you.
I GG especially if the opponent had a terrible game. May be he was 2-0ed. May be he had a horrible hand. The +5 ore/scraps can mean a lot for their wasted time and game. So, next time, give GG to those who had a horrible game. You beat someone thoroughly and not giving GG would only mean bad about you (to the players, IMHO).

Find it annoying when people forfeit when I can do a great move, obviously I understand that they already know they lost and want to move to the next game which I agree they should. But I still want to finish the round so would it be possible that when the player forfeit you can continue hand against AI instead as this will allow player to play the hand that they pulled of and allows the other player to leave

I usally never forfeit unless my counterpart is STILL playing cards even if he already won.
noone is interested in what cards you still have or how much points you may achieve in total if the opponent is already on the ground!
so if you have obliviously won: stop playing and pass. then i will also not forfeit.

Honestly, I think the people that want to sit there [...] while they already have the win are far worse than the people who forfeit towards the end of the match.

I distinctly remember playing a game of MTG in a tournament where the opponent clearly had lethal on the board so I scooped. The opponent continued to play out his turn (combo elves) so I just walked to the front and got a soda; he was still playing when I got back. We almost went to time that round.

P.S. - I'm very happy to say I crushed him post sideboard, although that's not particularly relevant.

Edited. -Drac

Top Bottom