Depth of Field Causes Artifacts in Hair

+
Any amount of the depth of field setting both in Graphics Settings and in Photo Mode cause black pixelated artifacts to animate throughout V's hair, especially when it's long hair. This makes using DoF for photo mode or even normal gameplay look pretty terrible. Please pass this along to the devs. This essentially makes DoF useless for photo mode. Screenshots attached for reference.
Post automatically merged:

CDPR, whoever designed your shaders (Depth of Field, Chromatic Aberration, Film Grain, etc.) really needs to go back to the drawing board. Your DoF adds black pixel artifacts to V's hair. The type of film grain you're using only makes the game look blurry. It's horrible and really low quality filmic shaders. And chromatic aberration isn't much better. Definitely needs to be worked on. If you want to see samples of some fairly quality film grain, chromatic aberration and other shaders that won't make the game look blurry and horrible, disable your filmic shaders and install ReShade and tinker with their settings and then try to match them. Because I've been using ReShade for years and I've never gotten film grain to look as terrible as it does in Cyberpunk 2077. And I've never seen DoF cause artifacts like this. Please fix your shaders.

Attachments

• photomode_10122020_140204.png
    photomode_10122020_140204.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,889
  • photomode_10122020_141258.png
    photomode_10122020_141258.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,787
Last edited:
Top Bottom