Design your own Cyberpunk 2077 character

+
Design your own Cyberpunk 2077 character

This is Ryder, a 14yo street prostitute born with her right hand missing due to her moms drug abuse during pregnancy. She lives with her poor drug addicted parents that constantly guilt her into turning tricks to support them. Her cybernetic right hand keeps malfunctioning due to cheap parts. She's saving money to get a proper working cybernetic hand and to pay for cosmetology school. Being a street walker she sees and hears everything on the streets and provides the protagonist with information. Her dream is to move out of the ghettos and into a nice middle class neighbourhood and to pay to have her right hand cloned and attached so she can finally become "normal".

approximately what she looks like:

I think I would try to make a cop character with a kinda very Neutral feel to him.

Hes been working in the force for about 13 years and hes seen a lot of crap go down.

He'd be a great mentor/companion for you if you decide to take the cop role and would help you if you needed it tutorial wise.

Hes very reclusive and mysterious and he tries to keep an open-mindedness to people (though secretly he somewhat hates augmented people)

I'll come up with a design with him soon.

Maybe I'll use APB and get a screenshot. God that char. customization is awesome.

UPDATE: Okay got some pictures here you go. Sorry but I had to use low settings cause my PC sucks ass right now:

Also I think his name so far is Wilson.

Attachments

• 2016-01-15_00002.jpg
    2016-01-15_00002.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 2016-01-15_00001.jpg
    2016-01-15_00001.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
What I meant with design was more design a backstory and personality ambitions of a character more than just physical appearance.

The sort of character I imagine using, should it be possible, I want to try to go a celebrity route. Play a high profile character well acquainted with the big screen and stage, putting most my stuff into social abilities/skills/talents/whatever (Sorreh, I've never played Cyberpunk 2020). A real socialite.

But then I want her to have this secret obsession with learning how to defend herself, and augmenting her body. Perhaps she witnessed a murder, or was a victim of a traumatic crime in the past and really doesn't want that to happen again to the point it's become a compulsion. Either way, she'd be after things that improve her ability to handle herself and prevent harm (Fancy skin armor for example, reflex boosts, aim assist or something, ect.).

But all that would still be secondary to social skills. I really hope CP77 supports a socialite experience. I really want to rock a dress and have everyone ingame recognize that. It'd be cool if there were celebrity themed events, like maybe you get invited onto a talk show or something. It'll be hard to actually fill out the reasons why (Make movies or something in-game) but the actual products don't NEED to be fleshed out or shown, but your skills could lead up to the result without seeing the product of the- I'm rambling, sorry.

That's the character I'm going to try to make. The paranoid socialite/star/performer.

my character will be the girl with blades seen in the teaser trailer

reckless, relentless, skilled in weapons, fast with blades as a witcher, sexy, elegant, classy, fighting for all the cyberpunks of night city

Ok im not talking about creating the protagonist. im talking about creating characters NPCs in the Cyberpunk 2077 world.

ad try not to focus too much on the physical. create a backstory instead where are they from, whats their personality like, what do they do? how does the protagonist interact with them?

Michael Timberton

"

His parents were both working in large corporations, so he grew up in a wealthy environment and had a good life. But having everything only means you will need more. So Michael, the man in the blue suit as people used to call him, likes to live his life on the "Edge" as he would say, but in reality he was just a pay-whale willing to spend money on anything that he fancies. No one really liked him because of his rude manners and selfish acts. If things went wrong with Michael's little dream world, his parents would pitch in and clean up the mess.

Michael owned everything and everyone, liking it or not. But he couldn't get one thing, he couldn't get people to like him. He always hung at the Lagoon and told stories about his 'great expeditions', but the only reason he did go out of his way to visit the Lagoon was Trisha, the owner of the place. Trisha got the bar/hotel from her dad and she always kept everyone in line with her burning will and those flaming eyes. Michael tried to flirt with her a few times, but that didn't go well, as Trisha is used to every possible flirt line there is. She is grown immune to it.

But Michael was persistent. He always had whatever he wanted and nothing was out of reach for him. Nothing money can't buy.

That night there was a lot of fog in Seattle, not that it was not usual at this time of the year. Michael went into the Lagoon just to say the usual stories and try to fulfill his ego. But this night, things were different. He went inside the Lagoon with his blue suit and his great confidence, only to see Trisha talking with another man. Michael was used in seeing her talk with other men, but this time she was smiling, she looked happier than normal. This was the side of her that Michael had never seen before. No girl has ever smiled like that for him.

He then realized that even with all the money in the world, he couldn't get what that guy was getting for free. After all the effort he spent on getting her to like him, he never made her smile. Not even once. And that drove him crazy.

"No" he said, "there is nothing I can't buy in this city". "I will own you bitch, like it or not" he mumbled to himself as he left the bar slamming the door with force. He was walking fiercely into the fog, trying to fight it as if it was his enemy. The world was his enemy. And he owned the world.

After months and months into wasting research funds from his parents, he finally found the solution. A chip that would allow people to feel the way you want. There was an old version of a chip called "Osiris" that allowed mind control to any person that would place the chip on him, but his resources allowed him to improve the tech significantly. No longer you had to use chips to allow brain control. Not anymore. Osiris was now an augmentation that allowed free control of any other augmented individual within a 2m proximity.

After stopping his visits to the Lagoon for months, Michael suddenly showed up one night with his new toy embedded into his hand. He went in with boosting confidence, sat
at the bar and ordered his usual drink "Glow Gale 55". Trish was there too, but she was busy as usual. As the bartender served him, he looked at Trish with an evil plan on his mind. She was going to be his that day, he was sure. As the drink reached his throat and he got a strong dose of alcohol, he stood up and headed towards her. She was talking with one of the fixers about some supplies for the bar, then Michael bumped in and interrupted her: "Hey Trish, wanna go for a drink?" he said in boosting confidence. Trish made the usual "I am not interested look" and quickly replied "Michael, I don't go out with customers, you know that". Michael looked away while still standing there and started to get nervous: "Trish, can we talk for a second?" he replied with his voice slightly raised. Trish looked back and said "We talk when I wanna talk, right now I 'm busy, okay?" and her eyes blazed so vividly she could crisp a man in seconds. Normally, that would have destroyed Michael's confidence, but this time he was prepared. He was ready.
"Trish, you are coming with me, NOW!" he shouted. At that point the close proximity of the people standing there started looking at him. He looked as if he clearly lost his mind and he was about to freak out.

The fixer tried to break the situation: "Hey dude, the girl says she doesn't wanna talk, now scram!" and moves closer to Michael. But Michael didn't flinch, not one bit. Instead, he smirks knowing that this was the chance he was waiting for.

He raised his hand and then held it as if he was controlling a marionette. Then, by a quick move of his index finger the spine of the fixer breaks with a very characteristic sound that no one would ever forget. Seeing this, all the bouncers and heavies of the bar ran towards Michael. He turned around with grace and raised his hand again. One of the guys stopped and grabbed the bouncer, lifting him up and twisting his head. Then, another bouncer stopped and decided to headbutt the floor with all his might. Another one managed to jump through the rest and get close to Micheal. But when Michael realized, he used the man's cybernetic eyes to stop him, by turning them into a blazing mess of junk. People started falling down one after the other, with their every cybernetic part either burned into a crisp, or used to kill another person. After 3 minutes, there was silence. Micheal still stood there as if nothing has happened, being still alive along with Trish and the bartender. Trish looked at the horrors and froze, even her strong will couldn't get her out this.
"

And that is what we know about the blue-suit marionettist. We pulled info from our registers, here are some pictures:

For any of you non-augmented officers, keep an eye for this guy. Officer Jones will brief you of the rest. Officer.

Attachments

• ss (2016-01-21 at 03.25.31).jpg
    ss (2016-01-21 at 03.25.31).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 71
  • ss (2016-01-21 at 04.21.55).jpg
    ss (2016-01-21 at 04.21.55).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 57
  • ss (2016-01-21 at 03.25.47).jpg
    ss (2016-01-21 at 03.25.47).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 53
  • ss (2016-01-21 at 03.26.07).jpg
    ss (2016-01-21 at 03.26.07).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Michael Timberton

"

His parents were both working in large corporations, so he grew up in a wealthy environment and had a good life. But having everything only means you will need more. So Michael, the man in the blue suit as people used to call him, likes to live his life on the "Edge" as he would say, but in reality he was just a pay-whale willing to spend money on anything that he fancies. No one really liked him because of his rude manners and selfish acts. If things went wrong with Michael's little dream world, his parents would pitch in and clean up the mess.

Michael owned everything and everyone, liking it or not. But he couldn't get one thing, he couldn't get people to like him. He always hung at the Lagoon and told stories about his 'great expeditions', but the only reason he did go out of his way to visit the Lagoon was Trisha, the owner of the place. Trisha got the bar/hotel from her dad and she always kept everyone in line with her burning will and those flaming eyes. Michael tried to flirt with her a few times, but that didn't go well, as Trisha is used to every possible flirt line there is. She is grown immune to it.

But Michael was persistent. He always had whatever he wanted and nothing was out of reach for him. Nothing money can't buy.

That night there was a lot of fog in Seattle, not that it was not usual at this time of the year. Michael went into the Lagoon just to say the usual stories and try to fulfill his ego. But this night, things were different. He went inside the Lagoon with his blue suit and his great confidence, only to see Trisha talking with another man. Michael was used in seeing her talk with other men, but this time she was smiling, she looked happier than normal. This was the side of her that Michael had never seen before. No girl has ever smiled like that for him.

He then realized that even with all the money in the world, he couldn't get what that guy was getting for free. After all the effort he spent on getting her to like him, he never made her smile. Not even once. And that drove him crazy.

"No" he said, "there is nothing I can't buy in this city". "I will own you bitch, like it or not" he mumbled to himself as he left the bar slamming the door with force. He was walking fiercely into the fog, trying to fight it as if it was his enemy. The world was his enemy. And he owned the world.

After months and months into wasting research funds from his parents, he finally found the solution. A chip that would allow people to feel the way you want. There was an old version of a chip called "Osiris" that allowed mind control to any person that would place the chip on him, but his resources allowed him to improve the tech significantly. No longer you had to use chips to allow brain control. Not anymore. Osiris was now an augmentation that allowed free control of any other augmented individual within a 2m proximity.

After stopping his visits to the Lagoon for months, Michael suddenly showed up one night with his new toy embedded into his hand. He went in with boosting confidence, sat
at the bar and ordered his usual drink "Glow Gale 55". Trish was there too, but she was busy as usual. As the bartender served him, he looked at Trish with an evil plan on his mind. She was going to be his that day, he was sure. As the drink reached his throat and he got a strong dose of alcohol, he stood up and headed towards her. She was talking with one of the fixers about some supplies for the bar, then Michael bumped in and interrupted her: "Hey Trish, wanna go for a drink?" he said in boosting confidence. Trish made the usual "I am not interested look" and quickly replied "Michael, I don't go out with customers, you know that". Michael looked away while still standing there and started to get nervous: "Trish, can we talk for a second?" he replied with his voice slightly raised. Trish looked back and said "We talk when I wanna talk, right now I 'm busy, okay?" and her eyes blazed so vividly she could crisp a man in seconds. Normally, that would have destroyed Michael's confidence, but this time he was prepared. He was ready.
"Trish, you are coming with me, NOW!" he shouted. At that point the close proximity of the people standing there started looking at him. He looked as if he clearly lost his mind and he was about to freak out.

The fixer tried to break the situation: "Hey dude, the girl says she doesn't wanna talk, now scram!" and moves closer to Michael. But Michael didn't flinch, not one bit. Instead, he smirks knowing that this was the chance he was waiting for.

He raised his hand and then held it as if he was controlling a marionette. Then, by a quick move of his index finger the spine of the fixer breaks with a very characteristic sound that no one would ever forget. Seeing this, all the bouncers and heavies of the bar ran towards Michael. He turned around with grace and raised his hand again. One of the guys stopped and grabbed the bouncer, lifting him up and twisting his head. Then, another bouncer stopped and decided to headbutt the floor with all his might. Another one managed to jump through the rest and get close to Micheal. But when Michael realized, he used the man's cybernetic eyes to stop him, by turning them into a blazing mess of junk. People started falling down one after the other, with their every cybernetic part either burned into a crisp, or used to kill another person. After 3 minutes, there was silence. Micheal still stood there as if nothing has happened, being still alive along with Trish and the bartender. Trish looked at the horrors and froze, even her strong will couldn't get her out this.
"

And that is what we know about the blue-suit marionettist. We pulled info from our registers, here are some pictures:

For any of you non-augmented officers, keep an eye for this guy. Officer Jones will brief you of the rest. Officer.

Omg this is so good.:D

Granted I know it would be kinda a silly superhero/villian plot to stop this guy from Idk ruling the world or something but hell idc I love it.

Last edited:
Granted I know it would be kinda a silly superhero/villian plot to stop this guy from Idk ruling the world or something but hell idc I love it.

It all depends in the details. You can have something that looks mainstream, but with a few tweaks it can get very original and new. For example, taking that Michael is a spoiled kid, he uses force and resources to get what he wants. So it's not a super villain because he lacks the brains to anticipate the hero and create a trap. With an organised operation, the police force could easily catch him with a single well-thrown EMP grenade. Where this guy is dangerous, is when he appears out of nowhere and you are augmented. So there are obvious strong and weak points to Michael, and the only way for him to become a super-villain is to either invest on tech that works as a defense to his weak-points, or be part of a larger group that can protect him.

But the main notion that I have for Night City is that you can never be strong enough. Someone will get you eventually, one way or the other. That's what Cyberpunk 2020 taught me and is why its so damn fun. Heck, even splitting the powers of augmentations can create new powers, for example if Michael's Osiris v.2 uses electromagnetic waves to transmit signals that are used in the communication between the augmentation and the brain, another augmentation could block those signals, similar to the EMP grenade I mentioned before. I think a villain that uses EMP for an augmentation is the perfect defense for Michael's 2m control.

This is where the choices come in, and I really hope C77 is like C20 where you can only choose so many things to have and no matter the case you are either barely making it, or not making it at all. That struggle is what makes C20 fun.

Mysterious Stranger

His background is as mysterious as his ambitions, is he part of an ancient secret society, is he an agent of the mega corps, hell is he from the future or maybe the past or maybe from a different planet or even a different dimension? Nobody knows. He shows up sporadically to offer the protagonist odd jobs for cash. The protagonist has a hard time linking what the missions have in common and what the end goal might be, but one thing is certain, discretion is paramount.

His pic:

Mysterious Stranger

His background is as mysterious as his ambitions, is he part of an ancient secret society, is he an agent of the mega corps, hell is he from the future or maybe the past or maybe from a different planet or even a different dimension? Nobody knows. He shows up sporadically to offer the protagonist odd jobs for cash. The protagonist has a hard time linking what the missions have in common and what the end goal might be, but one thing is certain, discretion is paramount.

His pic:

Is this Morphogenesis? (awesome book)

Oh. ^^ I see. It is the front page a really weird book called Morphogenesis written by an author called Michael Marrak. ^^ Not that much SciFi though. But really weird.

im intrigued now i have to check that book out. thanks

it seems its in german only..

Top Bottom