Detllaff fight...

+
Detllaff fight...

The fight against Dettlaff is completely stupid by its difficulty.
His bats attack did too much damage and is impossible to avoid.

Two hours I tried ..

This fight destroys all the fun of the game.

Very disappointed !

Yeah the fight was a pain in the ass, I still managed it though.

Remember to attack him when he comes down and bring a lot of potions with you!

The fight was fun and by far the toughest in the game IMO.

Took me a while to beat it, eventually i had to resort to using decoctions to help with regen health as fast as humanly possible as i straight couldn't avoid the bats attack lol. So basically i resorted to the gameplan of simply out lasting him.

You can dodge the bats by rolling left or right but you have to know exactly when. It is very hard, more times than not I rolled too early and the bats locked into me. You only have a very small window, tough but doable fight. Dodging the bat attack is def that hardest part of the fight, everything else was easy even on deathmarch, I did have an OP Alchemy build.

You can dodge the bats by rolling left or right but you have to know exactly when. It is very hard, more times than not I rolled too early and the bats locked into me. You only have a very small window, tough but doable fight. Dodging the bat attack is def that hardest part of the fight, everything else was easy even on deathmarch, I did have an OP Alchemy build.

Same and even then the Bat's came close to one hitting me :lol: I don't think i would have have done it if i didn't use an Alchemy build.

It's not hard, it's just different from most other fights in the game so you don't feel acclimated to it. You have to dodge in a very short window.

The fight against Dettlaff is completely stupid by its difficulty.
His bats attack did too much damage and is impossible to avoid.

Two hours I tried ..

This fight destroys all the fun of the game.

Very disappointed !

can agree ... its almsot impossible on deathmarch ... since that bat attack 1 hits me even with quen active .... its too hard for sure... you cant even make a single mistake....

---------- Updated at 02:50 AM ----------

The fight was fun and by far the toughest in the game IMO.

Took me a while to beat it, eventually i had to resort to using decoctions to help with regen health as fast as humanly possible as i straight couldn't avoid the bats attack lol. So basically i resorted to the gameplan of simply out lasting him.

would have like to do that as well .. but on dm you die with 1 hit xD

A checkpoint after the talks before the fight would have been a good idea. Since Dettlaff is able to one shot you with his bat attack, you get to see the events that happen then over and over again. They are quite important and really lose their emotional bearing once you've seen em 10 times.

can agree ... its almsot impossible on deathmarch ... since that bat attack 1 hits me even with quen active .... its too hard for sure... you cant even make a single mistake....

---------- Updated at 02:50 AM ----------

would have like to do that as well .. but on dm you die with 1 hit xD

I was on NG+ DM it near enough one hit me every time if not did one hit me lol. Thing i found is if i stocked up on more Alchemy skills ( allowing for more Vitality bonuses) I could survive long enough after the initial blow to heal up. To do this i used Ekhidna Decoction and Ekimmara Decoction combined with Superior Black Blood, Superior Thunderbolt, Superior Tawny Owl and Superior Petri Philter.

Ekhidna allowed me to get some health back every time i used a sign and combined with Tawny Owl i could do that often as long i can avoid the 2nd blow before the bats come back and Ekimmara Decoction allows me to regain health with every blow i land which obviously i did when he dived down. By the time this process was complete i was usually back at full health before the bats came back, i just repeated the process until i got to the third form.

On deathmarch I managed to defeat him using the gear set found in the quest "Beyond Hill and Dale", Aerondight, vampire oil and most important I had queen always on.
It has been hard, I tried it a lot of times but then i managed to do it.
My advice:

First phase: Try to don't take damage and save potions for the second and the third phase of the combat.(Take your time and use queen alternate mode to refill your health if you need)

Second phase: At the start while he flies away you have time to use Yrden(Alternate Mode) so when he uses the air attacks you have a chance to hit him. He will fall and you can hit him 2-3 times.
Never try to hit him more than 2-3 times, you have to hit and run away to be safe.
About the bat attack you have to run perpendically to them,just run and roll (always perpendically) if you want.
When he uses the ground attack, you can hit him 2 times (also use Igni if you want) but then you have to run away or the blast will hit you.

Third phase:That seems the hardest but you can beat it easily. Just keep rolling from one bag to another in circle and hit them 1-2 times before to roll to the next. He won't have time to hit you if you keep rolling. (it takes time,but it works)

I like that fight. For me the best ingame. Also his monster form was excellent.
He can hit really hard and you must think twice what to do... died a few times but i didn't want it easier.

The Devs said also earlier, it will be THE FIGHT not just another fight.
i'm glad that was no lie ;)

Had problems with the bats, too. But its possible (deathmarch).
Go as far away from the boss as you can. When the bats fligh in the air, you need to wait half a second and then role away.

I like that fight. For me the best ingame. Also his monster form was excellent.
He can hit really hard and you must think twice what to do... died a few times but i didn't want it easier.

The Devs said also earlier, it will be THE FIGHT not just another fight.
i'm glad that was no lie ;)

Completely agree.

My problem is, that my swords are almost completely broken and I don't have any repair kits left. There isn't a single one in the previous fairytail world.

try to run to right or left (just choose one side) and when bats toward geralt end the run with dodge

Played on DM, killed him on maybe 6 tries. Fight itself isn't difficult, it's just bats hit like a truck and are hard to dodge. Learn to dodge the bats, once you do that it's easy. Also when he flies towards you, use the crossbow at the right moment and it brings him down, giving you quite a nice opportunity to land a couple of hits.

Death March, Enemy Scaling on ( don't think it matters for this fight anyway) NG+ Alchemy build , Manticore set , nothing is too hard with those skills . I have 342 toxicity, four decoctions and still room for two potions :
- Griffin ( less damage taken )
- Archgriffin - every strong attack takes 5% out of the enemy HP, regardless what damage you made (after the damage is applied)
- Chort and Noonwraith decoctions to prevent stun and all the other shit
With the Fast Metabolism skill your toxicity from potions goes down very fast, also there is another skill that heals you 50% every time you take a potion , add to that long potions duration, some 15000 hit-points or things like white Raffard Decoction ... you can fight that thing for half an hour whit out getting killed

i think with the Legendary GM Ursine Gear is even easier since i saw 80% damage reduction from monsters while Manticore has 57% , the reduced 35 toxicity is not that important since i could still take a potion and its toxicity is over in 5 seconds . Is there a limt to how much damage can you absorb ? I mean ... Ursine + protective coating from oil tree offers 105% damage reduction from monsters if you have the right oil on your blade .

Last edited:
Top Bottom