Deus Ex 4 - Human Defiance?

+
Deus Ex 4 - Human Defiance?

Good news, everyone ^^
Square Enix has secured the rights to the title "Deus Ex: Human Defiance". So it seems we can look forward to another Deus Ex, which will probably start on next gen consoles and hopefully also on the pc.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/27/deus-ex-human-defiance-trademarked-by-square-enix/
http://tmview.europa.eu/tmview/basicSearch.html?ST13=EM500000011605474
If it holds the standard set by Human revolution, I'll be more than content. :)

[font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]
Deus Ex: Human Revolution was one of the best games of 2011, and arguably as good or better than Witcher 2.
[/font]

'arguably as good or better than Witcher 2'

'good or better than Witcher 2'

'better than Witcher 2'

I -

thedawner said:
[font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]

'better than Witcher 2'

I -

I don't know, both are great games, but TW2 was a mild disappointment whereas DX:HR was a pleasant surprise.

thedawner said:

'better than Witcher 2'

I -
Disclaimer: the linked source may not reflect my personal opinion

Anyway, the subtitle makes no sense to me. Human revolution was a pun at least, this is just "huh?"

Unless... Human Defiance = HD - could simply be an updated release of HR for new consoles?...

Why would anyone even compare DX:HR with The Witcher 2? Entirely different concepts and genres.

Volsung said:
Why would anyone even compare DX:HR with The Witcher 2? Entirely different concepts and genres.

I don't know, I never asked for this. Hope we do get another Deus Ex though.

thedawner said:

'better than Witcher 2'

I -

Ha no.

It was a good game, but no where near TW2.

In any case, I'm glad we have another one coming!

Aver

Forum veteran
As Joystiq suggested it may be just a port of HR to Wii, because supposedly one of Square Enix is being ported to Wii U and this whole Tablet-Pad would fit theme of HR. Also HR devs said that we won't see next Deus Ex game too soon, because now they are focusing on Thief 4. So my bet is that it's extended version of Human Revolution for Wii U.

M4xw0lf said:
I'm sure no larger game gets through development without parts being cut ;)/>

True but in a case of a good game like HR it makes it all the more painful to learn. :(

Aver said:
now they are focusing on Thief 4.

Oh awesomesauce. Not really all that hyped but hey, if it features the ability to customize our own characters, well written dialogues, deep and interesting characters, then I'm in! I really liked HR though there were a lot of design decisions I take issue with. Still, I pre ordered and didn't regret it. I hope this Defiance thing will be equally good.

Oh and, HR being better than TW2? That's a really funny joke.

I bet next game will be open world just like CP2077. Guess CDPR will have some competition.. hope they end up being totally different games.

Top Bottom