Deus Ex and The Witcher 3

+
Deus Ex and The Witcher 3

I just want to express my deep love for the new Witcher game. This is one of the kind i will remember many years to go..It gives me the same feeling playing Deus Ex 1 or maybe the old Gothic games gave me. It is a true masterpiece and i want to thank CDPR for making it. aAt times this game is really making me emotional^^ I absolutely love the graphics, the combat, the atmosphere and the music/voices/sounds. I haven't seen much of the story yet, done a lot of side quests and exploring... looking forward to many hours more! Thanks again and enjoy the ride!

I just want to express my deep love for the new Witcher game. This is one of the kind i will remember many years to go..It gives me the same feeling playing Deus Ex 1 or maybe the old Gothic games gave me. It is a true masterpiece and i want to thank CDPR for making it. aAt times this game is really making me emotional^^ I absolutely love the graphics, the combat, the atmosphere and the music/voices/sounds. I haven't seen much of the story yet, done a lot of side quests and exploring... looking forward to many hours more! Thanks again and enjoy the ride!

Deus Ex 1 launched in a highly stable and playable format. There were some sound bugs for a few players and some performance issues for older machines at the time, but its launch was infinitely smoother than this.

True but deus ex launched in an era before ubiquitous internet access, so patching was a dark art and games were generally well debugged as without easy patching one bad game would ruin a companies rep. While I wish games would be as stable now they are also bigger in scope generally speaking so harder to debug.

Deus Ex 1 launched in a highly stable and playable format. There were some sound bugs for a few players and some performance issues for older machines at the time, but its launch was infinitely smoother than this.

TBH I know some people have problems but TW3 is one of the best optimized AAA games in recent times IMO.

a 25% "can't play" rate. That's bad.

That means that 25% of post is about "can't play".
It doesn't mean 25% of the user base. I never see more that 2000 concurrent users at the forums (see at the bottom of this page) and TW3 have presaled over the million units.
Most of the people who plays without problems don't know or care about the forums.

PS: I think TW3 is pretty stable for an open world RPG. It will get better with patches. Patches for the game and patches for the GC drivers.

Last edited:
Annual COD games are optimized and polished. Blizzard games are optimized and polished. This, just no. Look at the forums. a 25% "can't play" rate. That's bad.

Those are also games that really don't deviate from the norm or try anything new. Not to mention having a larger workforce.

IIRC, Witcher 3 was built in a new engine. It is also the first time CDPR has done anything on this scale before.
You are kidding yourself if you think WoW or Diablo has never needed patching and hotfixes. The rate at which they are putting out these substantial patches is incredible compared to other game launches, and the game hasn't even been out a week!
I remember waiting over a month for a 35mb patch for Watch_Dogs that didn't fix anything, all the while waiting in the dark hoping for some communication from Ubi.

Last edited:
You know how many people couldn't play CoD at launch? OR AC? Or Splinter Cell? Or Thief? Or Mass Effect 3? Or Battlefield 4?

I think TW3 is pretty good compared to recent titles like AC Unity, Watch Dogs, Evolve or even DA:I

Last edited:

this launch is massively smooth in its self, there are of course the normal amount of bugs but only very few people cant physically play. Certainly a LOT better than Skyrim on the first week,thankfully this is no Assassin Creeds Unity or Simcity or Diablo III. In fact I cant remember the last time I have played such a massive game for so long without any thing massively jarring (once again I am not saying there is no bugs but merely that all things consider it was not infinitely rocky)

Personally, I haven't felt that engaged into the narrative of a RPG since Planescape Torment... some of the (not even main storyline) scenes are truly memorably/heart wrenching. All the little problems aside, TW3 is a REAL masterpiece of it's time.

Those are also games that really don't deviate from the norm or try anything new. Not to mention having a larger workforce.

IIRC, Witcher 3 was built in a new engine. It is also the first time CDPR has done anything on this scale before.
You are kidding yourself if you think WoW or Diablo has never needed patching and hotfixes. The rate at which they are putting out these substantial patches is incredible compared to other game launches, and the game hasn't even been out a week!
I remember waiting over a month for a 35mb patch for Watch_Dogs that didn't fix anything, all the while waiting in the dark hoping for some communication from Ubi.

diablo patches are generally balance fixes. Yes, all software has bugs. especially on an open platform. But consoles? Man, like 10 people testing the game via a full play-through without trying anything funky should've found a literal and figurative boatload of bugs that needed squashed. Bottom line, the game should've been a September release at best. But it wasn't. And now, those who aren't having problems get to accuse those of us who are of hyperbole and sensationalism. Well, it all goes around, friends.

---------- Updated at 01:32 PM ----------

You know how many people couldn't play CoD at launch? OR AC? Or Splinter Cell? Or Thief? Or Mass Effect 3? Or Battlefield 4?

I think TW3 is pretty good compared to recent titles like AC Unity, Watch Dogs, Evolve or even DA:I

Except, I'm talking about Console versions, of which every one of those you listed were fully playable and beatable with a day one patch at worse. AC Unity was beatable, not that you would want to. That's a game that surprisingly enough, is very similar to W3 in terms of graphical performance. Frame skips, hiccups, pauses, framerate drops, etc. Just like Unity. But W3 also has some game-crushing bugs, too.

Top Bottom