Deus Ex HR movie will be more realistic, not like Blade Runner

+
Deus Ex HR movie will be more realistic, not like Blade Runner

Check this out.

being a big fan of DE HR I just hope they don't mess this up. Does this sound good? what are your thoughts?

Hmm. He did the modern remake of the Day The Earth Stood Still, which I quite liked. He also did one of the many terrible Hellraiser sequels. We'll see.

He's in pre production for the "When Gravity Fails" movie.

When Gravity Fails, Blade Runner, Deus Ex....is a new cyberpunk movie era upon us soon?

Haven't seen a single one of his movies, though, looking at IMDB, looks like he prefers horror.

That dark, wet, tech-noir look of a movie, and that kind of feel of a movie, it’s just dominated cinema for thirty years. It’s dominated sci-fi cinema. ‘Alien’ and ‘Blade Runner,’ together, really changed everything. Smoke and rain and fog and darkness… it’s noir. And ‘Looper’ and [District 9] went ahead and just got rid of that idea, and said let’s take a different aesthetic. And that aesthetic was, both in the aesthetic of the storytelling and the visuals, was ‘Let’s make it very realistic, and let’s start where some of these movies end, and let’s have different kinds of problems.

I'm already troubled that he's conflating "plausible suspension of disbelief" with "realistic."

Anyhoo. Suppose we'll see what the end result is.

That has to be the most content-free article I've seen for a long time. Eliza should be ashamed of herself for writing that, I couldn't even work out what the spin was supposed to be.

Meh, should have been a movie in the first place.... certainly felt like one with as much railroading as the game entailed.

Other than that, if he is calling looper or District 9 cyberpunk, then his head is already too far up his ass to ever reliably be extracted.

When Gravity Fails, Blade Runner, Deus Ex....is a new cyberpunk movie era upon us soon?

Speaking of which. Anyone know anything about the on-again-off-again Neuromancer movie?
Last thing I heard was they signed Liam Neeson and Marky Mark, released some concept art, then nothing. That was back in August.

Meh, should have been a movie in the first place.... certainly felt like one with as much railroading as the game entailed.

Other than that, if he is calling looper or District 9 cyberpunk, then his head is already too far up his ass to ever reliably be extracted.

He called Looper and District 9 sci fi movies that broke from the trend of Tech Noir. While I dont agree that "Tech Noir" such as Blade Runner has dominated the Sci Fi asthetic I do always appreciate a deliberate attempt to take a Cyberpunk story in another direction. Hopefully it works out well

Tech Noir was the bar that Sarah Connor met Kyle Reece in... I don't know what you guys are talking about... It's on Pico Ave.

"That coffee is two hours old." <Lieutenant drinks anyway> "And I put my cigarette out in it."

I love Lance Henriksen in everything.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/22/40...-a-rocket-core-approach-prioritizes-cyberpunk
(basically the same story as the link the OP provided)
"Derrickson said that it's "impossible" to include the entire game's aesthetic into one movie, so the film will borrow some of the more iconic elements of the game and adapt the rest. He noted that simply packing game features into the movie would result in "another bad video game movie," and cited the Resident Evil series and Mortal Kombat film as movies that captured the games' essence but failed to be overall good productions.
"

at the very least he understands why those sucked.

They are saying all the right things..dare I get excited for this? How awesome would it be if this was the first good movie adaptation from a game?

I think it has a higher potential to be a good movie than most games, but there was absolutely nothing in that interview that excited me.

Would it be the first? Hmm. TO WIKIPEDIA.

Scroll..scroll..

Yes, yes it would.

Good is so subjective....

The Tekken movie was kinda fun....

And the first too resident evil flicks had Mila Jovoloholymolyvich butt ass nekkid... They also had that kick ass laser beam trap, and Michelle Rodriguez being badass.... for at least 5 minutes..... so they were entertaining too... which at least makes the movies better than the games...

Good is so subjective....

The Tekken movie was kinda fun....

And the first too resident evil flicks had Mila Jovoloholymolyvich butt ass nekkid... They also had that kick ass laser beam trap, and Michelle Rodriguez being badass.... for at least 5 minutes..... so they were entertaining too... which at least makes the movies better than the games...

fun? the fighting was nice but it was HORRIBLE.
dam I'm getting a headache just thinking about it!

heck to that I find even the RE movies tolerable, not great but atleast something happens. And being a original character not based on the games doesn't hurt much sentiments too. in movie 5, Leon was potrayed okay, Wesker is cool in every one but Ada is just plain horrible. She is my most fav in the games and look what is done >_<

if a decent video game movie will be made (well Wreck-It Ralph is pure epic but you know what we all are talking about) I place my money on the AC movie in the works and waiting for this one and Splinter Cell.

Top Bottom