Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Adam Jensen 2.0 Trailer

+

Kaebus2196

I'm personally looking forward to it. I am just on limbo about buying the standard or collectors edition of the pre-order.

Kaebus2196

So is it going to be a story where Jensen joins the human purists in order to fight the corporate cyber-legions? The trailer kind of made it look that way.

So is it going to be a story where Jensen joins the human purists in order to fight the corporate cyber-legions? The trailer kind of made it look that way.

More, he joins the early incarnation of UNATCO and helps it dismantle a series of terrorist acts related to augmented rights. However, not everything is as Black and White as it seems and Jensen soon finds himself roped into the usual web of conspiracies.

Last edited:

Kaebus2196

Sounds enticing, I am looking forward to it. It looks like it will have a more interesting premise than Human Revolution did, in my opinion. But I loved HR as well.

The design of the enviroment is looking amazing again.

Kaebus2196

Indeed. I was looking at that still in particular, it's the Chop Shop of what looks like one of the main characters who specializes in cybernetic augmentations (not always the legal kinds either I assume). Although I was given an odd impression, since the guy who is the 'expert' there is missing two fingers from his cybernetic arm. But then I had to think, "Those probably have some kind of purpose for being absent. Maybe his tools come out of the openings!"

In addition, and while it is a small note, I do hope that their is a little more variation in the faces for the characters this time. I got a little irritated of running into separate minor characters who looked just like another person. A primary example being the gun dealer in the gas station looks exactly like the man that Sarif is speaking to in his office just before the Tyrants hit the science labs.

A man who speaks to the head of corporate should not be out gun running (then again it is six months later, anything could've happened).

Have you guys seen the gameplay demo? looks like its going to be a good game. Loving all the stealth and combat options. Will definitely be picking it up!!

Forum veteran
Where's legendary Agent Denton and his brother Paul I guess?
Mankind Divided apparently takes place in 2029, so JC is either still in the womb or just born, and Paul is only 11 years old. Not legendary quite yet. They could probably find a way to use Ben Saxon, though. Might be a nice gesture after completely dropping his story after The Fall's failure.

All this talk about Paul and JC made me remember that I had this idea for a Deus Ex sequel, prequel, remake, revision... in which we did this thing that is so popular now of having the story told to us from the perspectives of different playable characters. My idea was that we would get to play agents that have been augmented in the three different ways that the original Deus Ex showed: mechanical augmentation (mechs), nanoaugmented agents (UNATCO only?) and physiopharmaceutically augmented agents (MIB and WIB). It would be cool to have the player character choose which combination of the three they'd like... but I'll leave that for Cyberpunk 2077. Deus Ex seems like more of a compartimentalized or specialiced world of augmentation... like when they make mechanically augmented agents they seem dedicated to that, and nanoaugmented agents are pretty much born for it (at least in some cases)... I think it could also lend itself for a more paranoid conspiracy story more in the vein of the original: I imagine playing a MIB or WIB that has been conditioned by the Illuminati and gets his or her (for some reason I'm inclined towards the WIB... and she would totally have an allegorically judeochristian name) "powers" from taking her funny pills, but they also make the conditioning stronger... kinda like the risk vs reward thing that I expect from drugs in CP2077 but more interwoven in the story... think of something like the indoctrination theory meets X-wing... and this indoctrination would manifest itself like a voice similar to the infolink which could tie again into all the judeochristian subtext, making her as much of a Virgin Mary or even Jeanne d'Arc (well, we already have Joanna Dark in Perfect Dark) figure.

If anyone of you have any skills in modding Deus Ex and you like the concept I just thought that I'd really like to see it realized.

Top Bottom