Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [PS4/Xbox One/PC]

+
Some new of the coverage from Game Informer.

EDIT - Just reading an article over on lazy gamer, and it looks like EVERY boss encounter will be 'ghostable' as it was put.

Not sure if that means you'll be able to sneak past every boss, with alternate ramifications later on, or you can take boss's down stealthily???

Either way, good to hear :)

Also, found this image, if anyone is using the companion app, there is a new scan mark here!

Last edited:
deus ex mankind divided director Jean-Francoise Dugas has been answering questions about the game on Twitter Obviously, he isn’t giving away any major details but for the curious, he does drop a few interesting tidbits here and there. Below is a list of questions fans tossed his way, and his replies.

Q: How does the camera work? Similar to Human Revolution or have there been changes? Are takedowns still in third-person?
A: Similar to Human Revolution.

Q: Will Mankind Divided feature New Game+?
A: I would love it, we’ll see.

Q: Are conversation boss battles from Human Revolution coming back?
A: Yes.

Q: Will Mankind Divided be ghostable?
A: As always and even on boss side, finally!

Q: I think you forgot to show us the map.
A: I didn’t forget, it’s not ready, still in the oven cooking.

Q: Would you consider a ‘1999 mode’ like we saw in Bioshock Infinite? Just something to challenge veterans?
A: We’ll have the ‘Give me Deus Ex’ again. Not exactly like the 1999 mode but you should expect a real challenge.

deus ex mankind divided director Jean-Francoise Dugas has been answering questions about the game on Twitter Obviously, he isn’t giving away any major details but for the curious, he does drop a few interesting tidbits here and there. Below is a list of questions fans tossed his way, and his replies.

Q: How does the camera work? Similar to Human Revolution or have there been changes? Are takedowns still in third-person?
A: Similar to Human Revolution.

Q: Will Mankind Divided feature New Game+?
A: I would love it, we’ll see.

Q: Are conversation boss battles from Human Revolution coming back?
A: Yes.

Q: Will Mankind Divided be ghostable?
A: As always and even on boss side, finally!

Q: I think you forgot to show us the map.
A: I didn’t forget, it’s not ready, still in the oven cooking.

Q: Would you consider a ‘1999 mode’ like we saw in Bioshock Infinite? Just something to challenge veterans?
A: We’ll have the ‘Give me Deus Ex’ again. Not exactly like the 1999 mode but you should expect a real challenge.

Nice one, glad to see ‘Give me Deus Ex’ will be back, had a great time on HR, (as an Xbox gamer) I left all the big achievements such as, don't set off an alarm in the whole game and don't kill anyone to that difficulty setting, good challenge.

Wonder what sort of size the playable areas will be like, I'm guessing we'll be globe hopping again, but larger environments are a given right?

Also a NG+ sounds fun, never had it in the base game, and I'm only about 25% through my director's cut of HR, wonder if you can start a new game plus on ‘Give me Deus Ex’ difficulty? Anyone know? Would make it REALLY easy!

i'm hyped for this game beyond proportion. loved Human Revolution, loved The Missing Link even more. i'm reasonalbly certain that they're going to work on their mistake and improve the things they didn't quite nail in HR. awesome trailer as well.

After the huge disappointment that was Witcher 3 in that regard Deus Ex Mankind Divided could get the new reference in terms of choice and consequence. At least it sounds pretty promising. :)

Choices you make in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will “change the course of the story”

Choice and consequence have always been a key part of the Deus Ex legacy, but the latest instalment, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, is aiming to make those narrative cornerstones more important and influential than ever (even if the director of the original game feels the reveal trailer was a tad ultraviolent.)

In the latest issue of Edge, Mankind Divided's executive narrative director Mary DeMarle reveals the decisions you make in the upcoming dystopian adventure will have persistent and consistent effects on the augmented world around you. "You are Adam Jensen, and it’s your decisions and your choices that are driving the story," comments DeMarle. "One of the things that we’re pushing is that there are many more story-driven choices for you make, and this will enable you to change the course of the story much more than in Human Revolution."

As well as assuring fans that the lackluster boss fights of Human Revolution won't be repeated this time round, DeMarle does stress even the smallest decisions will open and close story threads as you progress through Adam Jensen's latest journey. "It no longer comes down to making a decision at the end of the game that defines which ending you get – choices early on in the game will cut off storylines for you, will affect the conclusion, and will create new opportunities down the line. We’re investing a lot more in making the story much more adaptive, presenting choices early on that will have repercussions on the critical path all throughout the game."
Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/choices-you-make-deus-ex-mankind-divided-will-change-course-story/

So am I, here is the full transcript in which the dev tears SJWs a new one. First Doom 4 and now this? WELL FUCK THAT.

Hi KiA
Sorry for the typos and weird syntax, english is not my mother tongue.
I am Gilles Matouba and there is a thin chance of you knowing me. Still, I am a veteran french game developer with 15 years of experience in the industry. Mostly at Ubisoft and Eidos Montreal.
Until september 2014 I was the Game Director of DXMD at Eidos Montreal.
3 years ago Andre Vu, the Brand Director of the DX franchise, and I coined the term 'Mechanical Apartheid'.
Thing is... I am Black (& French...). And Andre is Asian (& French).
When we decided to go all-in on delivering the experience to play as Adam Jensen, an Augmented, in a world agressively segragating his own kind, we actually wanted to offer to our audience something unique. Something that was close and very personal to us: The experience of being torn between 2 worlds and 2 identities. Augs calling you the 'uncle Tom' of the non-augs, non-augs always insecure when you're around, always deeply being scared or appaled by your mechanical body.
Somehow, it was our own individual stories... We wanted to share a little part of our own life experience (on a super dramatized degree, of course) as visible minorities in a world of prejudices sometimes not well tailored for us.
We also used the reference of south africa, israel, even brasil, french and american ghettos and any country ressorting to walls in order to segratgate a part of their own population. We meant it. This was important to us to not half-ass these analogies. BECAUSE THIS IS DEUS EX.
Deus Ex is a very mature and thoughtful franchise that wants to hook gamers on essential questions and considerations: power, control, species, science, sociology, singularity, etc.
Racism is a ey dark part of our human nature and we wanted to treat this subject. It was especially important for ME to treat this.
So it makes me sad and angry that these ignorant people just ASSUME that everyone behind this game is ill-spirited, stupid, and more importantly for me, that they that they are all WHITE. (For them devs==white, gamers==white)
What these bloggers and tweeters did to me here is beyond mere insults: They have degraded me and have literally erased my identity as a black developer and as a black creator that just wanted to share a piece of himself with this game.
I wish that they will feel bad about it. I wish they will have the decency to apologize of their gross false assumptions and accusations. To apologize to all the people back in Quebec that have been working hard FOR YEARS to make this game to happen. But since they have no spine, no shame and no self respect they will simply ignore this post (once again denying me voice, legitimacy and identity) and will at best move on another AAA target to toss their freshly defecated shit at.
They don't deserve anyone's attention. They don't deserve our industry, our games and the dedication we put into them. They disgust me.
TL : DR Asian guy and black guy came up with the term Mechanical Apartheid 3 years ago. Black guy not happy about the SJW shit tweets and wants to call them out and expose their stupidity. Black guy is not their shield.

He absolutely DESTROYS them hahahahaha.

HR was one of those games that has never really been on my radar until I finally bought it once when it was heavily discounted. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it in the end, in some ways it even reminded me of TW2. The only things I didn't really like were the boss battles and the 'final choice' endings, but other than that it was a really good game, so I'm very interested in this new one.

HR was one of those games that has never really been on my radar until I finally bought it once when it was heavily discounted. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it in the end, in some ways it even reminded me of TW2. The only things I didn't really like were the boss battles and the 'final choice' endings, but other than that it was a really good game, so I'm very interested in this new one.

The devs said those issues would be tackled head-on in Mankind Divided. One of them said that doing side quests would directly impact the ending.

Full 25 minute Demo is up -
[video=youtube;jh-iX2bxOjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh-iX2bxOjI[/video]

Weak Trailers so far IMO, but the demo is fucking spectacular. Animations & Visuals have been greatly improved, overall Gameplay looks a lot smoother, some really interesting new Augs, hacking looks sleek as fuck (Maybe I'm weird but I actually enjoyed the silly mini-game in HR), oh, and Michael McCann is a fucking God.

The UI could use a little work, it reminds me of TW3 with all the unnecessary shit everywhere and how it's extremely oversized. However PC got its own somewhat unique UI in HR, so hopefully they'll do that again, and perhaps add some neat customization.

Top Bottom