Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

+
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

The original Deus Ex is one of the most critically acclaimed shooter/RPG hybrids of all-time. In 2011, Eidos-Montreal resurrected the dormant franchise with Human Revolution, giving the series an updated look while remaining true to the player choice-driven gameplay. Eidos-Montreal knew its game wasn’t perfect, and has worked to improve the series' combat systems and boss encounters for the latest entry in the series – Mankind Divided.

Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans. Jensen has a new suite of augmentations that allow him to cleverly navigate stealth, combat, and social interactions, but how Jensen chooses to solve every problem is entirely up to you.

At the end of Human Revolution, the Illuminati caused every transhuman to go into a fight-or-flight response and attack anyone near them. In the next issue of Game Informer, you can find out how this event caused humanity to hate and fear those with augmentations. We spent two days in Eidos-Montreal's studio, talking with the team and learning about how they build a realistic future. We go in depth on some of Jensen's new augmentations that help improve the stealth and combat systems, such as the ability to remote hack electronic objects, fire off his nano blade from a distance, and surround himself with a nearly indestructible nanoshield. We also got some great examples on how the game will be as open ended as ever, allowing players to carve their own path through the world. You can only get these details in the latest issue of Game Informer.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided doesn't yet have a release date, but it's headed to PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

May Cover Revealed – Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Game Informer

Last edited:
Deus Ex - Mankind Divided announced for PC/PS4/XboxOne

Aaaanyways from GameInformer cover:

"The original Deus Ex is one of the most critically acclaimed shooter/RPG hybrids of all-time. In 2011, Eidos-Montreal resurrected the dormant franchise with Human Revolution, giving the series an updated look while remaining true to the player choice-driven gameplay. Eidos-Montreal knew its game wasn’t perfect, and has worked to improve the series' combat systems and boss encounters for the latest entry in the series – Mankind Divided.

Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans. Jensen has a new suite of augmentations that allow him to cleverly navigate stealth, combat, and social interactions, but how Jensen chooses to solve every problem is entirely up to you.

At the end of Human Revolution, the Illuminati caused every transhuman to go into a fight-or-flight response and attack anyone near them. In the next issue of Game Informer, you can find out how this event caused humanity to hate and fear those with augmentations. We spent two days in Eidos-Montreal's studio, talking with the team and learning about how they build a realistic future. We go in depth on some of Jensen's new augmentations that help improve the stealth and combat systems, such as the ability to remote hack electronic objects, fire off his nano blade from a distance, and surround himself with a nearly indestructible nanoshield. We also got some great examples on how the game will be as open ended as ever, allowing players to carve their own path through the world. You can only get these details in the latest issue of Game Informer.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided doesn't yet have a release date, but it's headed to PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

GameInformer coverage trailer ...it includes parts from the CGI trailer that looks ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!111

---------- Updated at 08:49 PM ----------

Delete thread.

Last edited:
So... are they going to do like with Invisible War and give us a status quo post-all-endings-pretty-much-happened or what? I really liked Human Revolution, but I thought that they went too much in the transhumanist way, even changing some factions from DE into versions of themselves which don't make any sense (Illuminati that oppose technology? They were pretty much a club of industrialists that moved the strings of puppet governments in the original!), with very little conspiracy. I also find it weird that this will be the first DE game to repeat a main character... would have liked playing a new one in a setting far removed from that of HR and having this all be an excuse to finally have a character whose augmentations alter him or her cosmetically, instead of having them all but not being able to use them because... he needs points to do so.

Okay, finally watched the preview. It looks pretty cool. Still don't buy the parallel with racism or apartheid, I think it's overused and lazy. How could this happen? Are people angry at people that had a disability solved by prostheses? Are they afraid that a regular arm or as harmful as military grade cybernetics? How would this be allowed by the people who have an economic interest in these developments? Wouldn't they be like the most important industry with politicians on their payroll to lobby for augmentation and wouldn't they be important announcers in media, blocking articles or pieces of news that could lead to this negative perceptions of their business like these?
I think modern sci-fi that tries to be cyberpunk seems to completely miss the point here. It's like they're always trying to make a soft story about these "people who want progress" which are usually of the Tony Stark (a Marvel universe Illuminati member, go figure) type, which want the kind of progress that won't narrow the social-gap, so they ultimatelly want cool gadgets and the ability to become more than human for those who can afford it... so maybe we should be talking more about progress that widens the social-gap; vs "strawmen reactionaries". Weren't all these secret societies like the Illuminati and the Masons supposed to be select clubs for the old definition of "liberals"? How the hell would Morgan Everett or Bob Page (as an MJ12 he's like an ex-illuminati) fit in a club of "strawmen reactionaries" that are there just so that you can easily spot the bad guy, becuase discrimination is easy to understand as the motive of villains... while personal gain, egoism and shadow government are more accepted?

Forum veteran
They should modify the end of The Fall, then. Here's my suggestion:

But seriously, from the bottom of my heart: blow me, Square-Enix.

damn it looks cool but it has even less of the typical cyberpunk aesthetic than human revolution
i guess i have to wait for cyberpunk 2077 to get my neon lights and skyscrapers

Yeah, DX has always been a wee bit...hm. "Soft"? "Shiny"? I dunno. Incongruous, almost. Unlike Cyberpunk's in-your-face aesthetic.

Still, I've liked them all and loved DXHR, so I'm looking forward to this.

I'd like better endings, too, though....sigh. Boss fights didn't bother me a bit, but the ending 10% was weak. Even the choices didn't bother me..how they were presented and the lead-up to them was disappointing.

I thought the DX3 story left a bit to be desired. A lot of the side quests espescially were just there for shock effect... They failed miserably in their goal.

Compared to the first one that is. Some of the choices like colors were a bit odd. Cyberpunk is usually blue, green, red, black. DX3 was bright... and yellow. It was yellow, yellow everywhere.

It was still a pretty solid game so I am looking forward to it.

It might just be one of those games were the sequels really completes the original. (Bioshock comes to mind).Jensen looks really cool as well.

more infos (its google translated...)

Action Deus Ex: Mankind Divided unfold in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution. Adam Jensen came back and joined the group of special purpose - to search and arrest terrorists augmented. "Superhuman" now hate - the plot of the new game finals Human Revolution led to the fact that the confrontation between ordinary people and augmented escalated into armed conflict.

details about the game from Game Informer:

• They say only about single player, no mention of multiplayer.
  • Jenson squad called Task Force 29. Our hero does not trust Interpol, is sponsored by Task Force 29 - in fact, it merges the information to another organization called the Juggernaut Collective.
  • Boss fights are made with the expectation of different styles of playing (stealth, open battle, etc.).
  • The developers did not disclose which of the endings Human Revolution can be considered canon. For Mankind Divided collected features different finals - and we know that Jensen said his decision had failed.
  • The game's plot will be built to the events that occurred in the original DX .
  • Equal rights: Now the game will be more opponents of women.
  • Environment will become more elaborated. Streets are closely packed with shops, transport - claustrophobia might break easily.
  • Told about the specific mission, which is to find Jensen faction leader augmented. This can be done in different ways, and in dialogue with the aim of trying to solve all the diplomatic or resort to violence.
  • With the help of side quests development team wants to better describe the main topics that affect the game.
  • Promise twice augmentations than Human Revolution. A few examples: Tesla (Jensen shoots a small dart of dominoes in which marks and quietly eliminates goals), Silent Run (allows you to run silently), CASIE (using it can analyze the mental state objectives and choose appropriate cues in dialogues), PEPS Gun (gun, leave the hands of the hero, allowing stun).
  • The use of augmentations waste of energy, replenishes when Jensen did not use.
  • However, energy can be replenished using the bio cells. In Eidos want players more likely to use augmentation.
  • Inability to move the save (and ignoring all possible solutions player in Human Revolution) explained that after the success of HR studio decided to make a full series.
  • No plans regarding Deus Ex MMO
  • Eidos has spent a lot of time to adequately shooting mechanics combined with stealth.
  • Jensen can change the lotion on arms and ammunition type in the middle of battle (hello, Crysis ).
  • AI opponents promise to make more intelligent.
  • Battles partially affect the environment.

As in DXHR , the events unfold in different parts of the world. For example, in Prague, Czech Republic, Jensen will have to sort things out with Victor Marchenko - an officer in the so-called Coalition of Human augmented (Augmented Rights Coalition). The choice offers two styles of play: "quiet" passage and open battle. Artificial intelligence of enemies became better than Deus Ex: Human Revolution, play, respectively, will be more difficult. Enemies travel in groups and if suspected something was wrong, summoned colleagues together to explore the dark corners. No more single dummy.

In an open battle Jensen also have hard times: opponents bypass with flank attack of the entire group. Also at your disposal will go more useful implants. Now, Adam can not only see enemies through walls, but also scan them for electronics and ammunition. Hacker will allow the implant to hack turrets and computers at a distance (as in watch dogs ).
Do you remember the blade in the hands of Jensen? In Mankind Divided is a lethal weapon will receive an alternative type of attack - Adam learned to shoot a crossbow as a blade. Fans of "noisy" passing too will be satisfied: Jensen blinds enemies smokescreen and with the help of X-ray vision shoots them from an automatic rifle.
For protection from enemy fire can be briefly activated nano-shield and then bullets will bounce off the chest of Adam. In general, mechanical augmentations of Human Revolution remained untouched, but the amount of improvement has increased markedly.

The plot of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided remains a mystery. Developers do not plan to migrate from a previous save of the series - solutions Human Revolution players will not have consequences, and none of the four endings Human Revolution will not canonical.
For this reason, we have to say goodbye to some of their favorite characters, including and (spoiler!) Pilot Farid Malik. In one of the missions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Farida plane was shot down on approach to the landing. Life charming pilot was in the hands of players: could repulse enemy offensive and save Malik or throw it to die at the crash site. In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on the job we will deliver new pilot - Elias check.

The developers promise that additional work will have an impact on the gameplay. For example, if Adam decides to cross the road bandits in the beginning of the game, then later one of the crime bosses can considerably spoil the blood of the main character, set on a group of bandits in the next story mission.

This is the new pilot:

This looks like the main antagonist:

Last edited:
I couldn't save Malik :( so I am kind of OK with the fact she isn't coming back.Btw,those screenshots look pretty good.

[*] The developers did not disclose which of the endings Human Revolution can be considered canon. For Mankind Divided collected features different finals - and we know that Jensen said his decision had failed.

I don't think it needs to matter. The spin would be re-spun quickly enough anyway
And I always thought it somewhat unlikely that someone would put a dirty great "Blow Up This Facility" button in a little bubble room in the middle of said facility unless the bubble room doubled-up as an escape pod.

I actually liked the ending of DX:HR, but I don't think they can do something like that twice, so I hope that consequences, if they exist, aren't supposed to be world-changing.

Oh, yeah, and playing Adam again? Awesome.

Last edited:
God yes. I loved being Adam. Partly because he felt a lot like my favourite Cyberpunk character and looked like him to boot, with a goatee, but also because I really felt for the guy.

Since Adam failed, I'm guess the ending is the same one I picked - release the data to the world and let people choose. They chose...poorly. Or were manipulated and the data subverted.

Or else he went with the blame-terrorists-lie and tried ot promote tech growth and that failed. Also not a bad choice and also a failure of which would give us the Divided timeline.

I saved Malik - but I had to reload to do it. Honestly, first time into that fight, it happened pretty damn quick. Her dying really seemed like the 90% chance.

Really liking that they want augmentations to be used more.

Seems rather nice and all but completely (or for the most part) disregarding Human Revolution? Not a big fan of that.

Going to remain cautious about it, especially after The Fall, them nicking the gun mod menu straight from Crysis (heavier focus on FPS gameplay?) and all the shiny all gold everything (again) bullshots of course.

I guess this thread can be shut down then.

Top Bottom