Dev Appreciation Thread

+
I agree, this game has all the content i expected from a cyberpunk setting. Im playing it on ps4 and ive only experienced less then 12 minor annoyances there were certainly no where near game breaing or cause for rage quiting and refunding. The game runs near flawlessly for me except for the occasional T pose, or enemy that becomes immune to quick hacks but the latter is easily fixed by a reload. I want to say to all the devs and company as a whole, thank you for makeing this project for us, i can very clearly see the love you all put into it. I just wish i could do something to help you guys ward off all the needy whiney self entitled current generation of gamers. I will NOT be asking for a refund from on this game, i do not regret buyinf it what so ever. I have already sunk 60+ hours into it and im just barely into act 2 because there is just so much to see and do in night city. PLEASE do not give up on this project, we can make it better and bigger, we have the support and you have the technology....you can do this! We stand buy you 1000%, stay delta chooms, we got your back

Can we please have a thread where we congrat the MVPs, the devs, for managing to make a game, albeit a currently mediocre/half-baked one (written 2020-12-18), working with insane mis-management from the upper management, and maddening crunches?

Talk about the joys you've had with the game, even if it's something small.

I'll start with saying that I've had fun looking at the scenery, looking at particle effects, the usual tourist stuff.

If you know CDPR, what you should be excited about is not just want they delivered in terms of a game but, the fact that they built the Red Engine 4 for CP2077. This means they are committed long term. You should be excited for the releases to come and if you take a second to look past some of the technical issues, you will see the grandeur yet to come. Witcher 3 just wasn't amazing but, the developers response to the players was nothing but, gratitude. They did more than just lip service, they provided free content and tons of content. In short, you should be excited. I leave you with this image as a metaphor. Hopefully, you stop and admire the beauty because if you don't, you will miss the parade.

2020-12-22_13-17-49.jpg

Just to play devil's advocate for a bit: Management, upper-lower-whathaveyou, are still devs. CDPR is self published and self funded (yes, they have investors but the majority stock is held by CDPR members). If you like the game then the merit is everyone's that works there. High to low.

Also, they did just release a game after working for close to a year on it during the biggest global crisis since WW2. And to think it was just month ago when people were sending death threats to devs for not releasing the game. Gamers, fickle indeed.

Game has issues, yes. Are those issues life-threatening? No, even though i've seen many comments that certainly seem to imply that very thing (not neceessarily in this thread, just in general). This in not a ridicule to people that experience issues and post in hopes of finding a solution to those issues, but to the hysterical and irrational table pounding [redacted] i've seen way, way too much off.

Dear devs...im loving the game,amd truly,truly loving the world...i know it wasnt your fault...from all i have played i can see the passion you had making it...bugs and all the game is very enjoyable...most of mi playtrough is just walking the city and finding any noke and cranny...i love how the city is built,the little details and life the city has...please have a well rested holydays...and keap improving this wonderfull game...

Top Bottom