Dev Appreciation Thread

+
Can we please have a thread where we congrat the MVPs, the devs, for managing to make a game, albeit a currently mediocre/half-baked one (written 2020-12-18), working with insane mis-management from the upper management, and maddening crunches?

Talk about the joys you've had with the game, even if it's something small.

I'll start with saying that I've had fun looking at the scenery, looking at particle effects, the usual tourist stuff.

Last edited:
Can we please have a thread where we congrat the MVPs, the devs, for managing to make a game, albeit a currently mediocre one (written 2020-12-18), working with insane mis-management from the upper management, and maddening crunches?

Talk about the joys you've had with the game, even if it's something small.

I'll start with saying that I've had fun looking at the scenery, looking at particle effects, the usual tourist stuff.
I enjoyed driving around, meeting awesome characters, driving in the desert with panam, swimming with judy, driving a guy with a penis on fire to the ripperdoc, etc...
I think this game is great and if they expand on this universe, this great foundation they made that this will be an incredible game.

Madae

Forum veteran
I am enjoying it. On my second playthrough now. It could have been better for sure, but it's not far off from what I wanted and what I expected. Just have hope that it will get better. CDPR won't abandon it, we can believe that.

I would like to say that the devs have no fault, actually i few sorry for them, they had their game smashed and memed just because some people in suits felt like would be a good idea send out an unfinished game for profit, shame on them, some of them really have to go. Now for devs, im sorry and i few for you, and mostly , we gamers trust that you can fix and clean the mess made for the executives. Take easy, im fortunate to play the game on PC and im having lots of fun, im really loving the game. I wish for the Devs a blessed christmans and a really happy, properous and healthy new year, all the best for the devs.

RESPONDER

Despite being a poorly optimized mess I do see a lot of impressive technical work that went into turning Witcher 3's medieval world into Cyberpunk's guns-and-skyscrapers world. I can appreciate this feat, but the game does need a lot of iteration on its mechanics / core gamepaly loop outside of the main story to take full advantage of the amazing looking world they'd created.

I genuinely do think the core devs did their best with what they'd been given in regards to ideas and direction. I think CDPR's leadership should look into who in management and marketing messed things up.

I am still enjoying it, but I decided to wait for the next patch before continuing my playtrough.

It is simply too buggy and unstable at the moment to properly enjoy it.

Not to mention I do not wish to progress in the main quest knowing all endings suck. So I will wait as long as I can before actually playing the main quest anyway. I hope they will fix that as well. After the next patch I will just focus on the side missions.

Really good idea to bring this topic up!

If someone look at to internet they can easily think that Cyberpunk is the worst game ever but it's not. We tend to think about negative things rather than posstive ones.

I loved this game's story presentation so much! Dialogue systems, acting, characters, voice actors, animations, lighting, scenery, they are all amazing!

I love the way level designers make this city! It is just amazing! As a game developer, I can understand how hard to create multi-layered environments! They made a huge success in this regard!

Lighting and almost every artistic choice is great!

Weapon mechanics are really good for a RPG game. Way better than Fallout 4. (I like F4's combat mechanics too)

Problem is how they handled the communication about last gen consoles, people felt like cheated. I'm telling this as a PC player who love this game so much!

But I thank you for this great experience and I'm really afraid of damaging this IP, because I'd love to see DLC's, more content and new games based on Cyberpunk. I hope you guys fix all the problems. Yes, people are tend to focus on negative things, but they also tend to forget.

I would like to take a moment and congratulate CDPR on the game release. The game has only been out for about a week now. She had a host of bugs at launch which they handled quickly. Some remained at that point which were handled a few days later. Still have more to fix... AND THEY ARE!

This game is MASSIVE. The graphics are BREATHTAKING. As a PC player I know I get more out of the game than most. And you know what I am only playing on medium settings. I will probably end up buying a Better GPU IF ONLY TO REPLAY THIS GAME. The story is extremely well written and engaging.

Yeah so many people are complaining that they can't romance this or that character. Counterpoint, They wrote characters and those characters have PREFERENCES, like REAL PEOPLE DO. Maybe we will get more romance options down the line with new Characters, if and when we start seeing DLCs. Maybe we will see more story to the non-core relationships develop in these DLCs as well.

Support them and let them WORK. They have done and are doing an Amazing Job. Patches for this game are the size of full blown games on their own. Each repair they do to broken things we find, with the truly impressive stress test of the most sold game of all time, is a work of effort and love on their part.

Yes there are bugs. I expected them. I am a gamer long standing. There will always be something that wasn't found at first. The bigger the project the more things there are to miss.

I don't care what anyone else says. Cyberpunk 2077 has been everything I hoped, and pre-ordered for. Between, the many different playable paths, DLCs paid and free, and the Modding community I look forward to possibly YEARS of playing this game.

Well done CDPR

Well with the Quest Lead Designer saying the reason people are unhappy is due to unrealistic expectations... I am going with a hard no. CDPR should start firing some of them instead imo along with whoever that was managing this.

The devs really did a great job with what they were given, the management fucked them and the game and the devs themselves made that clear with that recent Jason Schreier article.

Everything in the game that works, works really damn well. Beautiful city and characters, fantastic dialogue and story, decently fun gameplay, etc. The issue I have is that I find there not to be enough replayability in a few ways; firstly, the story feels like it has no branching paths, only one large tree that has minor detours that feed back into the main trunk, and secondly, the open world content feels lacking both in interest and in number. If the game gave some more persistent things to do, like having some radiant bounty-hunt type quest or something, or gave more opportunities to have fun exploring the world for scenic vistas, that would be great.

I think a big thing that would help would be to add more verticality with more importance. Maybe have all the megabuildings have more important, explorable areas that are always unlocked, where people inside have interesting jobs. Maybe have less random gang attacks so that players who might be trying to grind for money or otherwise for cars and the like can do so effectively. Anything to give persistent content so we can keep playing the game to have new experiences. The ones that are there are fantastic, but what isn't there is a reason to come back to the game if you've 100%'d it, apart from maybe achievements.

I am and will be grateful for what they envisioned, I was distraught at first but after research i realize it isn't their fault. They had created a masterpiece. I have hope they will come forth with the missing content from previews and interviews given time. Shame on the money grabber Corp with forcing the release their P.R. should be fired. The constant we are releasing the game, then delay, then release, then delay (etc.). I really feel the devs weren't responsible for this. so here's to the Devs and their hard work to bring us what we have, and here is to a hopeful bright future to come.

The insides of Cars are freaking awesome.
The City looks amazing.
Whoever made Misty watched Blade Runner to many times and i freaking love that :)
The dejavu scene with the 2 cats which remind you of the matrix deja vu is hilarious, amazing and scary at the same time.
The concert you can do is literally someone motion capturing someone playing the actual instruments. All of them. Thats an insane amount of detail.
The details in many things are a joy for the eyes.
The Music is nice.
The fact that you can lose yourself in side quests is always a plus.
Whoever made and or had the idea about the delamain questline and character design etc deserves raise, promotion and a medal. It is my favorite quest so far.

I could go on but you get the idea. Even with its flaws i like the game alot.

I can't just sit here without saying anything. I am glad someone made this thread. So really, I would like to post a message for the developers.

Dear developers at CD Projekt Red,

I just want to say, I appreciate you, all of you. It is clear so much hard work in to the game. As a customer, fan and gamer I do not hold any of the development team responsible. I feel so sorry for all of you. Sure, the game has problems. There are reasonable people out there who understand you're not at fault, myself included. I love the game, albeit we all can see it has problems. I understand the management, the executives should've given you way more time, they should've done better and treated you better. You did the very best you could do given the circumstances. Personally, I would have been happy waiting longer for release, another delay I'd have been happy with so it could have relieved the pressure from the entire team since you're all only humans too.

There are so many people that worked in so many areas, it's hard for me to just pick out some of my favourite things. (I have Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam.) I don't want to focus on some of the things I am not happy with here.

The level design is great, the graphics are beautiful, incredible animations, amazing voice acting, the immersion the game offers is like no other. The sounds and the music are amazing. Everything captures the theme perfectly in my opinion. There is so much good the game does offer and it is very obvious how much work has gone in to it.

Now my messages to the executives and management - You need to do better! Much, much better! The executives have now put me in a situation where I am very worried about the future of the company and the staff on the development team. You need to treat your staff better and with respect. Listen to their professional opinions. Shareholders and investors don't have a clue, the development team do! - You should listen to them! As for shareholders and investors, they are just in it for the money. They don't care about anything else and that is the reality! Now look at this terrible situation they have put everyone in. You also need to respect your customers as well. You have your work cut out for you now because of the damage your decissions have made, destroyed your reputation, the upset and anger among customers, fans and your staff. Many of us used to see CD Projekt as the golden child of the industry. What happened?

Back to my beloved developers, I love you folks. My thoughts are with you all, I wish you the best and I hope things will get better for you. I hope you stay with the company and not leave. I'd be devastated if any of the talent leaves because of this launch.

HOPEFULLY the executives will sort themselves out since they have had their butts roasted by the media, fans/customers, and their stock took a massive hit. Shame on you executives, shame on you. You not only failed us, your customers, but your own staff. I thought you were better than this!

I, and many others stand with the development team!

Indoril

Last edited:
Okay, I wanna say something too.
I did come away a bit disappointed at a few things, but the amount of stuff I appreciate in this game is just immense.

I just wanna say, thank you for creating the best damn game of the year. A game, I have been waiting for forever.
I can not say how breathtaking it is to walk or drive through night city... to take in the atmosphere and to watch the characters.

The first act alone is a real masterpiece. Making me fall in love with a character I only knew for a few hours to a degrees, where Ilegit cried at his death... it was insanely powerful, jackie, you will be missed.

And I just can not describe the awe I felt and still feel when going through Night City. Because... that world is just the best game world I have ever seen. From the gritty dirty feeling of the megabuildings, to the luxurious sleek surfaces of corpo plaza, to the dusty badlands. Every inch of this city feels alive, feels real...
And I just have to say, that the art department has done the best job ever.

And as I said, characters... every single character in the game is acted out perfectly. The animations, the models, the acting, all comes together so perfectly, to create relationships between characters that are so tangible, its crazy. I have never played a game, where so many characters stayed in my mind so vividly, where all of them felt so unbelievably human.
And for that, I have to say, thank you, and you have my sincerest appreciation.

This game may have not done everything perfectly, the suits oversold it and tried to market it to the wrong people, pushed the team to do too much. But in the end, the team delivered the best gameworld and characters I have ever seen.

And I hope, that there will be an RPable Cyberpunk multiplayer... because I for the life of me would wish to not have to leave this world, just because I am done with the single player content. I wanna create my own character and play my own stories in this world... here is to dreaming

Anyways, Thank you, you guys did one hell of a job on this.

I would say I love the ideas behind the various attribute/skill/perk balances. This is one of the few AAA games where I actually want to play through the game multiple times to experience different builds. The actual mechanics and numbers of how builds work and their diversity of playstyles is one of the most important things in an rpg to me.

I like how the devs actually strived to create a balance between high damage-per-hit weapons and full auto weapons, with high damage-per-hit being better for headshot builds and full auto being better for run and gun. Many games just make full auto guns have the same dps with less strict requirements for aim, making them objectively the best guns. Here there is actual balance between guns and diversity of play style. My main gripe is that armor/resistance/evasion are bugged, making V much more fragile than they should be. Check out the bug list thread in technical to see more.

At any moment in the game I can just stop and look around and it always looks like something out of the biggest budget films.

The world building is just absolutely amazing down to the small details.

It feels organic as well, it's not just a big grid. It feels like it was a city that was built up over time, meeting necessity rather than a grand design. I'd imagine that is something that is quite hard to do; considering you are literally building a city.

Top Bottom