Dev: “I would say that the game is pretty different to what we showed last year”

+
So there are rumours going around that gameplay has changed a bit. I wont source them here because they are numerous. Apparently the shooting has been reworked.
I personally didn't have a problem with shooting i thought it looked great. I loved that you could take drugs and it slowed time i liked the bullet billiards off the walls.
Of course we had a lot of people complaining that they didn't like it. What do you think has changed? I personally think they might have added a "VATS system" which i personally dont like all that much. People were also complaining about the level system in this RPG game..
What do you guys think what changes would you want? What changes do you think they made?
I dont think they removed the cool parts of the shooting we saw only the actual feel of the shooting and enemies reaction to it which needed a touch up imo.

I mean they put a big "WORK IN PROGRESS - DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME " at the video they put out, so changes will happen, graphic-wise and gameplay-wise, and I guess what we saw was heavily scripted in a way?

I have trust in them, I cant wait till they show newer gameplay soon !

I have already accepted the game in first person, in fact I just became a sad day with this news but if I announced the addition of the third person would be happy ..... but I think it should have an interpretation, maybe this "gameplay change" is in fact of ambiance.

Guest 4149880

I really hope Skyrim isn't the set standard for CDPR for what a great RPG should be that Cyberpunk 2077 should follow it. Skyrim is rather immature in gameplay design. Id hope for something more mature, gritty and beyond gaming standards.

I also hope this game draws a major design effort from the immersive sim genre. A thinking game, Its my favorite. Original Deus Ex, Invisible War, Prey, Dishonored, Thief, Bloodlines. These games just add a lot of replay ability and freedom of gameplay style. Even better for an action/RPG

I'm pretty sure they mean they removed the sex and violence, you can't use guns, but have a button to speak your way out of problem (and you'll play a very polite person).
Don't disapoint me CDPR.

Well i honestly am not impressed with this news. I expected a cyberpunk game what instead seems we are getting is a Shooter with lite rpg elements with choice and concequences.

Plenty of design decision took in this game killed my hype and almost all my interest on it.

Forced first person
Levels -heresy in cyber punk-
Tiered coloured loot. -heresy this is not borderlands-

THere are still a lot of unanswered questions coming from pen and paper fans but seems to me those are avoided to be answered.

I have the feeling this "Cyberpunk 2077" will feel just a themepark and not the game the pen and paper fan were waiting for.

“I would like to make a reference to one of the previous questions and that is that our game is mainly an RPG "
With all the respect i am sorry but the demo looked the exact opposite.

Very, veeeeeeery polite person ;)

I don't want to leak anything, but :
The good ending happens when you find a job for every homeless people in Night City and push a law against guns and mandatory hapiness

Sounds like the best game we had in ages, really pushes the RP forward.

Well i honestly am not impressed with this news.
I'm less then thrilled with what we saw in 2018, but we KNOW things have changed.
With luck they implemented my dual-mode system (or some variant thereof), that would go a long way toward turning CP2077 into a character centered RPG as opposed to a generic shooter.

P.S.
And before the shooter fans have a cow ... DUAL mode. The game will still function as a shooter by default. However when you start a new game you'll have the option to play in RPG mode (i.e. character vice player combat).

P.S.
And before the shooter fans have a cow ... DUAL mode. The game will still function as a shooter by default. However when you start a new game you'll have the option to play in RPG mode (i.e. character vice player combat).

Do you mean a coop mode where the 2nd player takes the role of the combat buddy (which is usually controlled by the CPU, like Jackie) ?

I'm less then thrilled with what we saw in 2018, but we KNOW things have changed.
With luck they implemented my dual-mode system (or some variant thereof), that would go a long way toward turning CP2077 into a character centered RPG as opposed to a generic shooter.

P.S.
I wouldn't have any problem with a dual mode, but it still sounds too complex, in particular for balancing the game. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the new AAA (but smaller) game coming by the end of 2021 is a turn-based cRPG cyberpunk game, like "CP2020 the videogame" or "CP2045 the 5th corporate war". cRPGs and alike don't require a huge budget due to lower graphics and other stuff, like real-time physics.

Do you mean a coop mode where the 2nd player takes the role of the combat buddy (which is usually controlled by the CPU, like Jackie) ?
Nope.
Still single-player.

When CDPR introduces a multi-player option obviously everyone in a given session will have to select either FPS or RPG play mode as they won't be compatible.

I wouldn't have any problem with a dual mode, but it still sounds too complex, in particular for balancing the game.
Not really.

A good share of the code needed to allow RPG play already exists ... NPCs use it.
As to "balance", what sort of problems to you forsee? I really can't think of any major ones.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new AAA (but smaller) game coming by the end of 2021 is a turn-based cRPG cyberpunk game, like "CP2020 the videogame"

I would (be surprised), but it would a really neat surprise (assuming the game would really be an RPG in the 2020 vein and not just a tb urban combat simulator).

On the issue of a ”dual mode”... it could (would?) indeed be a balancing nightmare, especially if the ”dual mode” meant more than just combat mechanical adjustemts (like it should), but I don’t think it’d be impossible. CDPR has a big team.

I’d be more inclined in having difficulty settings adjust the weight of the imapct the skills and stats have to combat functionality (separate settings for combat and gameplay), specifically the accuracy impact for normal hands on shooting, and have the smart guns be designed as a sort of RPG mode to more precisely and without much shooterskills mirror characterskill via target lock and ”to hit” chances.

That’d be ”easier” to implement over what was already shown (I believe), but I have no opposition to Su’s ”dual mode” either.

<clip> smart guns be designed as a sort of RPG mode to more precisely and without much shooterskills mirror characterskill via target lock and ”to hit” chances.
Barring (probable) changes what we saw in 2018 is the "smart guns" apparently fires target seeking micromissiles. Yes, they auto hit, no skill ... player or character ... required.

Admittedly we don't know at this point if firearms skills even exist in CP2077, but if it's an FPS probably not. I suspect we'll see the same sort of thing we see in most FPS games.
You reload 20% faster.
You do 10% more damage.
You may dual wield.
Etc.

Last edited:
it doesn't exclude the fact that the next game could have a top down camera and be turn based.

Yep, but that would be a huge letdown on the immersion, plus I don't know if CDprojekt is ready to go face to face with games such as Divinity Original Sin 2, cause if you go top down you better justify it with great gameplay.

Besides, that's like saying: You RPG gamers are subpar audience so we won't invest money for you like we would for action game players.

Cause many (not all of course) RPG players ask for RPG mechanic for immersion, not for being able to donjon crawl, and getting top down would say less immersion and destroy the purpose of adding RPG mechanics.

And who says that their next game will aim to immersion?

Plus, the next game will have a smaller budget compared to TW3, but still big enough to be considered a AAA (= no thronebreaker), that's what the CEO said. Whatever that will be, it won't require a huge budget (like divinity OS2 didn't have one and I don't think anybody complained).

Anyway, we're doing a quite useless speculation and it's OT. :shrug:

That’s why I want them redesigned.

It's a total win button no matter how you look at it. Other games like Shadow Warrior and Doom have enemy seeking rockets, but they balance those weapons by making them very slow firing and you have to hold your cursor on the target while moving. It's actually kind of hard to pull off. With the smart gun, V can skip around blind folded and the bullets will hit no matter what.

Top Bottom