Dev: “I would say that the game is pretty different to what we showed last year”

+
what bugs me out that we passed from: Rpg first and foremost. to_ Mainly a rpg.

I don't know how people arrive to these conclusions. Year ago the gameplay trailer showed an awful lot of FULL fps shooter gameplay.

This year there is a cinematic trailer only with no action footage.

How does B follow from A?
Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

I don't know how people arrive to these conclusions. Year ago the gameplay trailer showed an awful lot of FULL fps shooter gameplay.

This year there is a cinematic trailer only with no action footage.

How does B follow from A?
View attachment 11002834

Well, on other forums I see a lots of people saying that because of how much defined is V, and indeed it's much more visible in a cinematic trailer that in a gameplay footage where a player makes the decisions.

That's also why I don't say the same: I learned a long time ago that V was indeed already mainly defined, so I'm not surprised anymore.
Mostly (I still was surprised to see the Mantis Blade in a cinematic as they said they where still thinking if they should force players to pollute themselves with cyberware. Seems like the decision have been made since.).

Mostly (I still was surprised to see the Mantis Blade in a cinematic as they said they where still thinking if they should force players to pollute themselves with cyberware. Seems like the decision have been made since.).

Yeah, I don't really approve forcing cyberware on the player. Seems too directed.

They apparently made the mantis blades low level ware too. The mission in the demo was said to be an early one, and they unlocked some high end stuff half way through (including the mantis blades). That'd also mean that if it is the same mission that gets concluded in the CGI trailer, it all happens very early in the game.

And Keanu is either a braindance experience or your personal Jiminy Cricket (judging from the way he flickers at the end of the trailer).

Last edited:
Well, on other forums I see a lots of people saying that because of how much defined is V, and indeed it's much more visible in a cinematic trailer that in a gameplay footage where a player makes the decisions.

That's also why I don't say the same: I learned a long time ago that V was indeed already mainly defined, so I'm not surprised anymore.

Both of these issues are handled by the same counter-argument (admittedly conjecture on my part): This is a cinematic trailer made for E3, not ingame footage. That's why it all looks so defined. Because it doesn't actually portray the game where player has choices and they matter. I wouldn't mind if it was, but I dont think it is.

Hopefully gameplay reveal videos from gamescom etc will clarify things.

Both of these issues are handled by the same counter-argument (admittedly conjecture on my part): This is a cinematic trailer made for E3, not ingame footage. That's why it all looks so defined. Because it doesn't actually portray the game where player has choices and they matter. I wouldn't mind if it was, but I dont think it is.

Basically, your point if that they "pulled a Marvel"?:cool:

Basically, your point if that they "pulled a Marvel"?:cool:

Precisely. The trailer may show things that may happen ingame (Keanu's character, you turning against Dexter, Jackie dying etc) but not exactly as they happen. This is my belief. The trailer was quite long to go without any player choices and FPS view involved.

Top Bottom