Dev: “I would say that the game is pretty different to what we showed last year”

+
Tomaszkiewicz claimed CD Projekt RED is working on a lot of stuff that it didn’t show yet, and there is now a more clear picture of what the game is all about. As such, some of the E3 2018 missions may not be similar to what was shown, and there could be some graphical or visual differences as the E3 2018 demo was just a small fraction of the actual game.

Not sure this is good news as the game looked amazing.

“I would say that Cyberpunk 2077 is an open world game with a strong narrative component set in a dark future. It is an RPG with decisions and consequences where everything you do matters. Well, I do not know how much more I can put in the box, it depends on the source we use. I would say that there are many ways to play in terms of gameplay and it offers a wide variety of options depending on how you want to play the title and allows you to enjoy the way you want to play. I think that’s how I would describe the title.”
“I would like to make a reference to one of the previous questions and that is that our game is mainly an RPG, then the combat in the first person is something added to this genre. In this way, the gameplay in Cyberpunk offers a variety of ways to complete the missions and I think this is the biggest difference because it not only matters the shooter side, but also how to incorporate this aspect in your way of playing through the title. And we have a good amount of mechanics that are based on this concept which we have not yet shown, so stay tuned.
In addition to this we are working on bringing good and fun combat mechanics and I think we have a wide range of weapons that will make our game stand out. I do not know if you remember in the previous demo that there were smart rifles and this is something that I have not seen much in the current FPS. Also, I think that in terms of gameplay we have some ideas and things that are not ready yet and that we are trying to implement, because they will be very good.”

Good News.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cybe...ent-to-what-we-shown-last-year/#disqus_thread

Not sure too much change is a good thing, it might lead to disappointment, especially if they are downgrades obviously. I think if they stick with their E3 MS trailer they are in a good place cause that looked amazing. Ok fingers crossed.

To some, the great big "WORK IN PROGRESS - DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME" watermark in that gameplay trailer couldn't have been big enough.

CDPR should've made that sentence big enough to fill out the entire trailer and maybe flash brightly enough to induce seizures, for those who will inevitably start to complain about consoles, downgrades and how this is the greatest betrayal since Judas.

Fingers crossed one of the removed features are character and weapon levels.
it would be great, but levels have been already confirmed. Hopefully they aren't hard gates for missions/equipment/cyberware/killing other enemies. I'm pessimistic about that (given the witcher 3 and recent action RPGs), but we'll see.
Same for epic/leggendary mass produced weapons.

Suspension of disbelief is the opposite of immersion, by definition.

Not surprised in the least. The demo was rather sketchy and primitive in many aspects. Probably only worthy for judging visual aesthetic. Also, downgrade is inevitable. Granted, CDPR were fair about it from the beginning.

Looking forward to E3.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/pl/media/...erpunk-2077-oraz-wiadomosc-od-szefa-projektu/

Game director, Adam Badowski, back when the gameplay was first released, counted down some of the long list of things that will most likely change before release, like UI, how the gunplay looks (and how it's affected by character stats), netrunning, driving physics and the way locations looks (since the ones in the demo were still in early version). He also noted that some animation issues and facial animations will also be fixed/improved.

how the gunplay looks (and how it's affected by character stats)

The question is, what does this actually mean? All RPG impact removed, or more added for recoil/accuracy/etc. (to a reasonable degree)?

As for visuals, I'm not at all concerned. The only thing I want to see changed is the somewhat washed-out feel of the city during the day, but I have no idea how that could be accomplished (even GTA V suffered from this). If the looks are downgraded, so be it.

I don't think they will be, though. I've said it before, I'll say it again: The game does not look that insanely good. We aren't talking 1st Witcher 3-E3-trailer-quality graphics here. It looks like something that could run on modern systems, NPC density aside. The textures and models seem achievable, the lighting does too.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: The game does not look that insanely good. We aren't talking 1st Witcher 3-E3-trailer-quality graphics here.

Yeah, I have to agree with this. I mean don't get me wrong, the game looks great, but not in a 'this is beyond anything current gen could get close to'.

There are some great looking games this gen. RDR2, Horizon Dawn, W3 obviously, latest Metro etc... So, imho, I don't see the graphics getting any downgrade worthy of mentioning, nor do I think it could possibly be next-gen-only.

I think the changes are balancing issues with skills, graphics from an atmosphere/different locales point of view and, mainly, fine-tuning the feel of gameplay between action and RPG.

The last bit is gonna be the meat of it, imo. How much will stats matter, how bullet spongy will enemies be, how squishy the player will be, exactly how much combat can you avoid and how?...that kind of stuff. CDPR are a RPG developer who want to deliver on their promises of story and player choice but they want the FPS action to be great too.

I'm guessing it's balancing this area that's really pulling at them and I'd imagine it must be a really tough thing to gauge. You gotta have great combat, lots of great weaponry but also not make it the 'best' way to get through the game and leaving other options seeming redundant or shallow.

people bitching about the gunplay need to understand that this is a RPG not call of duty. we need levels and stats because its a RPG and yes ofcourse the gunplay wont be as "good" as cod its a RPG. i hope CDPR doesn't listen to them.

The question is, what does this actually mean? All RPG impact removed, or more added for recoil/accuracy/etc. (to a reasonable degree)?
No details on that, so things can go either way, but of course I do hope for the latter.
We aren't talking 1st Witcher 3-E3-trailer-quality graphics here.
You mean VGX 2013 trailer quality, because first E3 trailer was very uneven in terms of quality and I would say that outside of some things (like fire effects) in general the final game does look better then first trailer.

No details on that, so things can go either way, but of course I do hope for the latter.

You mean VGX 2013 trailer quality, because first E3 trailer was very uneven in terms of quality and I would say that outside of some things (like fire effects) in general the final game does look better then first trailer.
You're probably right - I don't remember the timeline very well.

You forgot the most likely: +15% DMG to any weapon for each level, +25HP, unlock the right perk to gain +20% DMG to any legendary shotgun. :p
It looks like something that could run on modern systems, NPC density aside. The textures and models seem achievable, the lighting does too.
Absolutely, it ran on a high-end PC with a 1080ti. Of course it won't look that good on any cheaper hardware (PC or consoles), but nothing crazy (shadows were already quite bad). Less NPCs on screen, worse lighting, 30fps: done.
Levels are not required for it to be an RPG. utter nonsense.
This.

lots of things are not necessary but part of an RPG is the strive for better gear, if all guns do the same damage regardless of your level or the enemy level or maybe the enemy doesn't even have levels than its just an RPG in terms if dialogue choice not gameplay.

lots of things are not necessary but part of an RPG is the strive for better gear, if all guns do the same damage regardless of your level or the enemy level or maybe the enemy doesn't even have levels than its just an RPG in terms if dialogue choice not gameplay.
So... skyrim is not an RPG?

So... skyrim is not an RPG?

Err.. Not to disagree with your point of view (I actually want the same) but Skyrim had dmg upscaling based on your perks (the same weapon had more or less dmg depending on your chosen perks) and enemy dmg scaling based on your level. A more accurate example would be Deus Ex or maybe System Shock.

Err.. Not to disagree with your point of view (I actually want the same) but Skyrim had dmg upscaling based on your perks (the same weapon had more or less dmg depending on your chosen perks) and enemy dmg scaling based on your level. A more accurate example would be Deus Ex or maybe System Shock.
yeah, but let's point a couple of things out:
1) skyrim was just one of the thousands RPGs that don't use levels, just took the most famous one. DE and SS are officially immerive sims, so I couldn't use them, while skyrim is the most famous RPG of the last 10 years at least, no one can say it's not an RPG. But yes, I'd prefer an immersive sim with stats and C&C as well (new type of RPG), too.

2) all weapons in skyrim are based on strenght (swords, hammers, axes, knives...the stronger you are the harder you hit), so it makes sense and it'd be perfect to have the same thing for melee weapons in cyberpunk. ONLY melee weapons, DMG increased by character's strenght. Not the "I am level 17, now my shotgun deals more damage" nonsense. Skyrim doesn't have classic attributes so it's based on perks, but I've never said skyrim is perfect.

3) You never see a level in skyrim. Never. No enemy has a little number on its head telling you if you can kill it or not. I honestly don't remember them scaling, since the more you improve the easier it is to kill enemies, but maybe they do to some extent. I don't remember, not my favourite game ever, at all, I haven't played it for hundreds of hours.

4)skyrim doesn't have common/legendary/epic weapons, even though in a pure fantasy game like that, it could have made sense. Not in a realistic sci-fi setting where bards are not supposed to sing stories about the arasaka shotgun model 13bx, the epic weapon made in assembly lines you can buy for 5000E$ at any weapon shop.

Top Bottom