Dev interviews on 10 August 2020 and on 25 June 2020

+

Guest 4402625

I would like to have a conversation with him in person about what "RPG elements" and what "RPG system" terms means to him. And I'd love to know which RPG games he has played in last 20 years.

%98 of the choices had no impact on the story so I have no idea what he is talking about.

if you actually read the interview, they never really lied about anything. Perhaps, when he said that interacting with the world and it feeling real, but it just seems that the guy focused on his own side of the work, and never really interacted with other parts of the game. Just my interpretation of the interview.

I have the feeling they were playing a completely different game and what shipped is just a joke.
I can't believe a dev can really appreciate and approve the state of the game "as is", I just can't.
Probably you will tell me some "high floors" guy had the power to ship the game nevertheless the current state.
But on the base of this interview THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER VERSION.

I have the feeling they were playing a completely different game and what shipped is just a joke.
I can't believe a dev can really appreciate and approve the state of the game "as is", I just can't.
Probably you will tell me some "high floors" guy had the power to ship the game nevertheless the current state.
But on the base of this interview THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER VERSION.
based on this interview, this is the game that we got. Show the parts where it says it's another game.

I would like to have a conversation with him in person about what "RPG elements" and what "RPG system" terms means to him. And I'd love to know which RPG games he has played in last 20 years.

%98 of the choices had no impact on the story so I have no idea what he is talking about.

same for witcher 3.
cyberpunk is kinda the same game, just 1st person with guns
if you dont like cyberpunk, move along

based on this interview, this is the game that we got. Show the parts where it says it's another game.

Are you kidding me ???

Take the first paragraph.
Useless.

Take the second one:

You chose the Street Kid, so let’s go with this one. If you are the guy who came from a specific environment, you’re going to understand how the street works. For example, that gang environment is going on according to some rules. You always answer to someone, who is answering to someone, and so on. It’s a world full of connections between gangs, but also between corporations, politics, and so on. So, you understand it from the ground level. And this gives you a unique approach to situations which are going to involve that ecosystem.

When does this happen ???
And I played as street kid and corpo.
So...
Let's go on:

And on the other hand, if you’re a Corpo, you understand the game of power. So, you will understand situations, for example, when someone is bluffing, pretending to be more powerful than he or she actually is. So, for example, you know that no one is standing behind you, because if they were, you wouldn’t be asking me questions. You would just take me, for example, to a corporate centre, and then interrogate me. And so on, and so on.

What !!??
Maybe I had to choose one more dialogue sentence which lead me to the same closing dialogue with no consequences nor actions.

Shall we go on?

So, to expand also on what you asked about, it starts with a different origin story, and each of those characters, if I may say ‘characters’, each of those life paths, met Jackie in a different way. But at some point in the plot, they just merge into one story where you start to be friends, at some point of the prologue. You’re already friends, and then you are continuing with the same story.

Cut content ?
Even the official guide shows we merge to the same plot as soon as we finish the Jackie trailer and prologue.

Let's go on...

I don’t want to spoil too much. There are going to be some things which are exclusive to life paths, but we mostly base it on choices.

Oh you mean exclusive useless lines of dialogue and choices with no consequences at all ?

Ok then. Pretty much the same game.

"After four hours hands-on, the game mechanics and systems of Cyberpunk 2077 very much speak for themselves. One thing that’s harder to get to grips with in such a play session is the story: after experiencing those four hours, I hadn’t even really broken out of the prologue."

That journalist is either a pretty damn slow player or the prologue was much longer.

"After four hours hands-on, the game mechanics and systems of Cyberpunk 2077 very much speak for themselves. One thing that’s harder to get to grips with in such a play session is the story: after experiencing those four hours, I hadn’t even really broken out of the prologue."

That journalist is either a pretty damn slow player or the prologue was much longer.

I guess the second one, based on the ugly prologue trailer you get right before entering your useless apartment.

Are you kidding me ???

Take the first paragraph.
Useless.

Take the second one:

You chose the Street Kid, so let’s go with this one. If you are the guy who came from a specific environment, you’re going to understand how the street works. For example, that gang environment is going on according to some rules. You always answer to someone, who is answering to someone, and so on. It’s a world full of connections between gangs, but also between corporations, politics, and so on. So, you understand it from the ground level. And this gives you a unique approach to situations which are going to involve that ecosystem.

When does this happen ???
And I played as street kid and corpo.
So...
Let's go on:

And on the other hand, if you’re a Corpo, you understand the game of power. So, you will understand situations, for example, when someone is bluffing, pretending to be more powerful than he or she actually is. So, for example, you know that no one is standing behind you, because if they were, you wouldn’t be asking me questions. You would just take me, for example, to a corporate centre, and then interrogate me. And so on, and so on.

What !!??
Maybe I had to choose one more dialogue sentence which lead me to the same closing dialogue with no consequences nor actions.

Shall we go on?

So, to expand also on what you asked about, it starts with a different origin story, and each of those characters, if I may say ‘characters’, each of those life paths, met Jackie in a different way. But at some point in the plot, they just merge into one story where you start to be friends, at some point of the prologue. You’re already friends, and then you are continuing with the same story.

Cut content ?
Even the official guide shows we merge to the same plot as soon as we finish the Jackie trailer and prologue.

Let's go on...

I don’t want to spoil too much. There are going to be some things which are exclusive to life paths, but we mostly base it on choices.

Oh you mean exclusive useless lines of dialogue and choices with no consequences at all ?

Ok then. Pretty much the same game.
it is exactly this, dialoge options
what did you expect?

That actually happened multiple times in my game. When confronting Meredith Stout you can say, "Cut the crap. I know you're dead if you don't get this information." You can also do it during several other quests.

CONSEQUENCES. DIFFERENT QUESTS AND DIFFERENT STORYLINE.
Something that matters.
there are some diferences in some quests, you get some quests as corpo, that you dont get as nomad
i give you one example
when meridith gives you the cred chip, as a corpo you know, theres a virus on it, as a nomad you dont...
i could tell you more, but maybe you should explore the game yourself??

He was probably referencing the title screen of the game, not the trailer montage.

Top Bottom