Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your guess as good as anybody's.

To me, all this talk of top dog pressure to cut content is the disappointing trend we are seeing in a lot of major titles, that being the need to dumb it down/censor content in order to make a game available to a larger demographic to maximize profit. One of the main ways Cyberpunk 2077 excited me was that it might be a major title that 'put the middle finger up' to this trend.

Seems as though a game on this scale, even when the main theme of that game is corporate greed and corruption, can't be made without being influenced by people who hold authority on art projects only because of their finances. It oozes irony and is disappointing to see CDPR unintentionally falling into this trap.

Yeah, that was my issue with their post too...
Edit: That is why I included a tldr in mine.

On a more serious note I have no idea how many devs CDPR has, but Cantina 12 did lay out quite a few solid reasons to treat this "information" with a heaping dose of salt.

Personally I would not trust any supposed insider leaks that are posted by anonymous users on reddit, a youtube comment section, or some other social media source that isn't tied to a known employee of CDPR.

What went wrong with Cyberpunk's development will eventually leak out, but when it does it will probably be in the form of an article by Jason Schreier or some other journo with sources that they have to verify before they print.

On a more serious note I have no idea how many devs CDPR has, but Cantina 12 did lay out quite a few solid reasons to treat this "information" with a heaping dose of salt.

Personally I would not trust any supposed insider leaks that are posted by anonymous users on reddit, a youtube comment section, or some other social media source that isn't tied to a known employee of CDPR.

What went wrong with Cyberpunk's development will eventually leak out, but when it does it will probably be in the form of an article by Jason Schreier or some other journo with sources that they have to verify before they print.
We shall see. I'm not saying this leak is true. I just didn't see her points to prove anything. And didn't like the tone of the post either.
But again, come march, we will find out if this another No Man's Sky story, or another Bioware one.

Then they need to give us something solid. The rumour mill is in full tilt. As to not tying it to a real name could be out of fear of losing ones job, or legal situations. After all most people in positions of power do not like whistle blowers.

I don't think this leak is real but the irony is that I also think everything it says is authentic.

* We KNOW that the game is full of massive cut content.
* We KNOW that it's easier to re-add the cut content or finish it than make new stuff.
* We KNOW that Keanu was cast over a CGI original version of himself.
* We KNOW that they are going to try to fix the disaster of past gen consoles because $$$ and bad will.

This is more generic than Misty's prophecies.

Then they need to give us something solid. The rumour mill is in full tilt. As to not tying it to a real name could be out of fear of losing ones job, or legal situations. After all most people in positions of power do not like whistle blowers.
Yep, didn't see many devs come forth either to defend the leadership of CDPR.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think this leak is real but the irony is that I also think everything it says is authentic.

* We KNOW that the game is full of massive cut content.
* We KNOW that it's easier to re-add the cut content or finish it than make new stuff.
* We KNOW that Keanu was cast over a CGI original version of himself.
* We KNOW that they are going to try to fix the disaster of past gen consoles because $$$ and bad will.

This is more generic than Misty's prophecies.
Everything you listed, "we know" because of gossip and rumors like this leak... lol

Tbh eitherway, even if it's not true. The media and content creators are clearly gobbling it up! As long as the media can put pressure on CDPR, I'm all in for bullying them into pulling a No Man Sky because of fake leakes!

That's the nature of the attention economy. Politicians want access to your time, marketing companies want access to your time, TV companies want access to your time, Twitter wants to control your time, Facebook etc etc.

In an attention economy you need to create attention and that can, and often does, create a slippery slope in terms of quality to obtain that attention.

That's the nature of the attention economy. Politicians want access to your time, marketing companies want access to your time, TV companies want access to your time, Twitter wants to control your time, Facebook etc etc.

In an attention economy you need to create attention and that can, and often does, create a slippery slope in terms of quality to obtain that attention.
As I said, as long as that attention is used to bully the company into impoving the game! I personally don't read news on CP77 aside from what is posted on the forums. I don't follow any YT content creators either.

Everything you listed, "we know" because of gossip and rumors like this leak... lol

Uh...

No, because all the cut content is in the game files for PCs.

What are you talking about?

I don't even understand what you're referring to.

What exactly is rumored that we can't verify?

As I said, as long as that attention is used to bully the company into impoving the game! I personally don't read news on CP77 aside from what is posted on the forums. I don't follow any YT content creators either.

Indeed. Learn the rules and watch the others play. And then play better.

Uh...

No, because all the cut content is in the game files for PCs.

What are you talking about?

I don't even understand what you're referring to.

What exactly is rumored that we can't verify?
Sure. But the rumors and gossip about cut content was around even before modders confirmed it from the files.
Everything you mentioned was already discussed before being verified.

And for example the rumors about the story. That is all speculation. Or the police and gang AIs.

I just realized one point that does speak in their favor to this being credible. The part about assuming the identity of a MaxTac officer.

You can use the console to summon MaxTac clothes that V can wear.

To me, all this talk of top dog pressure to cut content is the disappointing trend we are seeing in a lot of major titles, that being the need to dumb it down/censor content in order to make a game available to a larger demographic to maximize profit. One of the main ways Cyberpunk 2077 excited me was that it might be a major title that 'put the middle finger up' to this trend.

Seems as though a game on this scale, even when the main theme of that game is corporate greed and corruption, can't be made without being influenced by people who hold authority on art projects only because of their finances. It oozes irony and is disappointing to see CDPR unintentionally falling into this trap.

Investors.

As soon as you go public, you don't answer to the consumer or your own objectives anymore - you answer to shareholders looking to make a fast turnaround on the dosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom