Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
CDRP should work on their communication, which is kind of poor at the moment. If this leak proves to be credible, than the faith in the company may be restored among the fans.
Post automatically merged:

What are you talking about? There is absolutely nothing hard about having procedurally generated apartment interiors, if you had any basis of programing you would knew it. It is not like their are real spaces, just copies connected to the same environment, with slight modifications.

you prove my point, thats what i said exact same apartment thousand times difference sofa being on the right side or left side of the room

Beg your pardon?

No, it is called common sense with a track record. Not hearsay and conjecture.

You can go all the way back to the days of NES. You have a bug on that system, well no way to fix it. When PC games started, sure, they could get a patch (depending on the game) but consoles? Nope. The gaming industry has come along way since the days of Atari. And its still making progress. But one thing that has not changed in the thirty plus years of gaming is: bugs. They will always be there upon launch. The problem was: no one knew how bad it was going to be until Cyberpunk 2077 was launched. You do not need a damn article or developer to tell you such obvious information that has been around for decades.

Same goes for cut content. You think cut content is what? Some new revolutionary thing? Please. Developers have been cutting game content since the 90s, and probably longer than that. You do not need someone digging around the data files to find cut content. Most gamer know content is cut for various. Its one of those, “Well duh.”

If you need to be told known knowledge, because you are unaware of it, nothing wrong with that. But if you are stating that the reason said knowledge is known because of rumors such as this article, well that is idiotic. That is like saying we know the pyramids were made from stone because we were told they were, otherwise if we were not told, then no one would know.

[...]
I don't know why you feel the need to have this tone. But what you are saying is completely irrelevant to what I was refering.

When did I ever say I didn't know about cut content being a thing before being told? Or bugs?

I was refering to specific cut content that if the game would be in a state that feels satisfying and complete, noone in the world would even think about starting to speculate about.

What I was saying was, that all the things Willowhugger listed were "known" and spoken about because of rumors and speculations.
We can't say that we "knew for sure" because there was no official confirmation that there was cut content to begin with.

It's a different topic that by now the modders managed to dig deep enough and find enough evidance to support the speculations. And since I don't watch youtube vids about the topic, I wasn't even aware of the things they found.

Story changes, state of AI, these are all things that we don't have any hard evidence of, yet the leak addresses them confidently. 5 days after release when most people haven't even finished the game so there wasn't as huge of a discussion as there is now.

So please tone down with this condescending attitude...

CDRP should work on their communication, which is kind of poor at the moment. If this leak proves to be credible, than the faith in the company may be restored among the fans.

If THIS LEAK is real than they havent learned a thing... And instead of coming out and say whats the deal they shut themselves even more and let someone make a leak.. to be honest i thought people gonna get fired especially some upper men.... cuz it seems to me that they are actually happy of how it turned out.. Yes it is foolish to say that but i know a lot of people that are well connected and the backlash is nowhere near they expected as it seems. And it bothers me cause it proved those people that unfinished games are OK to be released... I dont think that they are gonna listen to their devs.. it seems to me its gonna be same old, same old and i believe that same as witcher 3 that more than half of the stuff is just gonna leave...

I'd love to believe this and I do think that the team will try to fix the game up, I mean (I have probably mentioned this before) they have spent a lot of money and effort on this title so leaving it as it is makes no sense to me. I'm sure they don't want their game to remain a laughing stock either, it is bad for publicity and I'm sure a lot of fans won't be forgetting this (in fact because a lot of fans still class similar situations as a 'No Mans Sky' situation even though that happened several years ago now, you can bet people won't just shake these things off. Myself included)

However, I'm more concerned about what new content will actually get added and will it resemble that of the 2018 gameplay trailer?
For me personally I want more story branching so if this isn't included then I'm not sure I'll remain interested in all honesty. I just love to play stories that give you more freedom and trying to explore more ways to complete each quest and seeing the outcome for each choice. This is why the whole 'illusion of choice' is really frustrating.

I wont lie though, this whole situation is rather amusing to some degree as I have never experienced playing such a buggy and incomplete game before. I think I can regard myself as being lucky to of avoided all of those other games that have apparently gone in a similar direction. Another thing to show the whole impact of the No Mans Sky situation, I have never played the game but I'm more than aware of what happened. News within the industry spreads really fast and will forever remain. I'm sure CDPR don't want that forever burnt into their minds, thus they should do the right thing and give fans what they want and what they paid for.

As for this statement, well I'll read it and see what truth comes from it in the next few months. I won't get myself hyped over it as my trust and confidence in CDPR is already at an all time low. In fact the whole situation is starting to become rather tiresome.

I also don't really trust random messages like this that could of so easily been posted by an eager fan

Also, at the end of the days these companies do need fans because we are the ones purchasing their goods. So if they want to remain a professional company they would do well in remembering that.

I'd love to believe this and I do think that the team will try to fix the game up, I mean (I have probably mentioned this before) they have spent a lot of money and effort on this title so leaving it as it is makes no sense to me. I'm sure they don't want their game to remain a laughing stock either, it is bad for publicity and I'm sure a lot of fans won't be forgetting this (in fact because a lot of fans still class similar situations as a 'No Mans Sky' situation even though that happened several years ago now, you can bet people won't just shake these things off. Myself included)

However, I'm more concerned about what new content will actually get added and will it resemble that of the 2018 gameplay trailer?
For me personally I want more story branching so if this isn't included then I'm not sure I'll remain interested in all honesty. I just love to play stories that give you more freedom and trying to explore more ways to complete each quest and seeing the outcome for each choice. This is why the whole 'illusion of choice' is really frustrating.

I wont lie though, this whole situation is rather amusing to some degree as I have never experienced playing such a buggy and incomplete game before. I think I can regard myself as being lucky to of avoided all of those other games that have apparently gone in a similar direction. Another thing to show the whole impact of the No Mans Sky situation, I have never played the game but I'm more than aware of what happened. News within the industry spreads really fast and will forever remain. I'm sure CDPR don't want that forever burnt into their minds, thus they should do the right thing and give fans what they want and what they paid for.

As for this statement, well I'll read it and see what truth comes from it in the next few months. I won't get myself hyped over it as my trust and confidence in CDPR is already at an all time low. In fact the whole situation is starting to become rather tiresome.

I also don't really trust random messages like this that could of so easily been posted by an eager fan

Also, at the end of the days these companies do need fans because we are the ones purchasing their goods. So if they want to remain a professional company they would do well in remembering that.

I think in today's market shareholders and executives want live service in every game asap. The gold rush with lootboxes won't stay forever, so better leech and milk now while it's possible. I wouldnt be surprised to see 2077 multiplayer by the end of 2021 or early 2022

There is no proof a night vision couldn't be implemented. In fact it is just wierd it's not in the game already.
Yeah the eye implant area is pretty poor (four-five mod if i havent miss anithing), if confronted to other body part augment, so is pretty possible to have a night vision mod or an underwater eye mod

In my humble honest opinion, just wait and see, don't put too much hope and expectation in it. My biggest concern is to fix the bugs and adding the essential stuff like hair dresser, better armor system where we can look nice and have good defense at the same time.
With a little patience some search (armadillo creation spec) you can have a nice dress, i have found some very nice dress and a lot of armor (4750)

Last edited:
I'm pretty skeptical about the "leak."

It claims (in part) - "I'm going home for the holidays and really thinking about my friends who will be in the office for the next couple months redoing scrapped work without being able to say "I f***ING TOLD YOU!!! This is your fault, Boss"

And yet we already know CDPR has been working from home since March:
And that the work from home was still in effect in October - https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75939/cd-projekt-red-devs-working-100-hour-work-weeks-on-cyberpunk- Given the situation of the pandemic in Poland in November and December, it seems unlikely that the work from home model has changed.

If devs are in the office, why is this person home for the holidays for months during rush window? If not in the office, why is this "employee" feeling bad for their friends working in the office while they're home for the Holidays, when everyone is working from home?

I guess the stuff could be true ... but, if it is, then the dev seems to have forgotten they've been working from home the last 9 months. Seems kinda like some random person on the internet made something up to me.

Last edited:
I think at least the rumors about the rework of Johnny is true. Have you guys ever watched the official E3 gameplay trailer from 2018 carefully?

Jump to 8:33. The announcer clearly said: "The man, the myth Johnny Silverhand, been a year since he went on his last ride"

That is literal proof that in 2018 Johnny silverhand was a minor character in the background that died a year prior to the start of the game. So basically they decided to scrap all the main story content they had up to that point and focus more on a game based around keanus character.

The changes they made were for the better though. It wouldn't have made sense lore wise. The way it is now fits the lore of Cyberpunk better, at least by my understanding of it.

The statements about Keanu Reeves in the leak don't make much sense either. Keanu Reeves didn't even meet with the other voice actors, let alone going around being nice to developers. Why would he even be around the studio?

It is also known from an interview with the female V voice actress that in 2018 voice work didn't yet start and she wasn't even on the project. She only did voice acting for the gameplay demo and didn't expect she will get the full job.

They started the voice work in 2019 meaning that they were working on the story up until then. Thankfully it turned out great! :)

Having seen that recent alleged Dev post about how much content was cut from the game, I just wanted to say: Please replace all the missing content! I love this game, but honestly the story is far, far too short. I know there are side missions, but it shouldn't feel like you have to avoid story missions as much as possible just to make the game last longer. I felt like just as I was getting into the story, it was over - and this whole amazing world you made, with great characters etc just came to an end.

I know you understand the importance of great writing and a properly told story, and that development of this game was rushed -

The life paths were practically non-existant - that was a major disappointment. Did it really have to end in a crappy montage? Couldn't we actually have some gameplay for the transition from lifepath intro to story? I think that's what we were all expecting.

I feel as though there should have been a much longer portion with Jackie. A few more missions building to the heist at least...

I think the whole cyberspace thing needed to be explored much more thoroughly. Feels like you barely scraped the surface, and netrunners, cyberspace and this whole amazing concept that makes up such a huge part of the cyberpunk genre is reduced to that repetitive little hacking game. I was expecting missions that would take you out soaring through cyberspace and infiltrating corporations...

The dev post mentions an entire underground section of the city that was cut... please replace... together with all the formerly lootable apartments that were cut. The city ended up feeling a bit pointless to explore after a while.

This is the alleged dev post I'm talking about:

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if all of this turned out to be true, I'm talking about the cut content, not it being added later. The game feels like it's missing an entire game if you know what I mean. We were promised a multi-branching complex story, and what we got is a linear story with no player choices to speak of.
It feels like we were sold Blood & Wine as a $60 game

Question it all you want, he's not wrong though. The supposed leak makes no sense based on what is already known about CDPRs current work structure.

Sure, pretty much stated that all of this is unsubstantiated myself. Although we should watch what we wish for as if this is all untrue then none of the positive elements within it are ture either I.e. patches, replacing stripped content, dlc, prepped code bases etc etc.

true or not, one thing is for sure
this a No Man’s Sky tale, literally. This is a No Man’s Sky of Xbox Series X and PS5.
they want to fix it there is only a one way, before it was followed by NMS, R6: Siege and Final Fantasy XIV. Its a understatement to say that they were a failure when launch, bigger smaller, but failures, as is an understatement to say that they are good today - all of them are champions in their genres.

I question if it's real or not, but the fact that I have to question it so much means that it's all pretty much on point. It's all what I would imagine or many of us feel/experienced.
I do expect heavy reworks an reintroduced cut content. I do imagine devs were unhappy about a lot of things and am told this is the "norm" in most any game development.
It seems weird, but totally believable.

Whether it's true or false, this unverified blogpost is getting traction and in one way or another, it's good for CDPR.
It may look like a dev bashing the company, but it keeps the game in the people/ the media's eye.
It keeps people active and engaged... and that's only a positive for CDPR/management/the game, regardless of its content.

CDPR obiously isn't going to confirm any of this, mainly because they can't given their recent stunt with the release.
But I don't think they'll deny it either.

They'll have to bet on playing the long game.
Stuff like this only helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom