Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats your definition of "some" content. To me it feels like half the game was cut and im not overexaggerating.
I don't think it's anywhere near half of what we saw in 2018. Those quests are almost all still there in their entirety.

Definitely some small features got nixed, but many of those (humanity cost becoming cyberware slots, the TECH stat (and therefore Flathead Robot) getting nerfed because it did all basically same things as INT) strength and constitution getting merged into "body," car customization being gone, TPP cut scenes being "very rare" (I think there are maybe five or so in the final product - but with only a couple of them viewable in any one playthrough)) were all confirmed changes for at least 6 months before launch for those who kept track of interviews.

I'm sure there were also a bunch of quests that were worked on got cut eventually. But quest design is always an iterative process where things get merged, condensed, outright cut as things are developed.

But my main point in THIS thread is the the dev leak looks inauthentic.

Last edited:
I don't think it's anywhere near half of what we saw in 2018. Those quests are almost all still there in their entirety.

Definitely some small features got nixed (many of which we knew about before launch - humanity cost becoming cyberware slots, strength and constitution getting merged into "body," car customization being gone, TPP cut scenes being "very rare" (I think there are maybe five or so in the final product - but with only a couple of them viewable in any one playthrough)) were all confirmed for at least 6 months before launch for those who kept track of interviews.

I'm sure there were also a bunch of quests that were worked on got cut eventually. But quest design is always an iterative process where things get merged, condensed, outright cut as things are developed.

But my main point in THIS thread is the the dev leak looks inauthentic.

I disagree with your comment about the amount that was cut, because it was clearly A LOT more, but i dont want to keep writing about this now, as this is not about the thread i guess, so i will leave it here as it is.

An huge leak about Cyberpunk 2077 says that more and more missions were cut from the game because of censorship. I only play games and not censored version of them.
When it comes to censorship:
1. I don't mind what was censored.
2. I don't mind how much it was censored.
3. I don't mind in what ways it was censored.

Uncut and uncensored version is the only way to play and enjoy everything.

An huge leak about Cyberpunk 2077 says that more and more missions were cut from the game because of censorship. I only play games and not censored version of them.
When it comes to censorship:
1. I don't mind what was censored.
2. I don't mind how much it was censored.
3. I don't mind in what ways it was censored.

Uncut and uncensored version is the only way to play and enjoy everything.

The same fanfiction everywhere

Because then they'd set expectations that they'll respond to every random post on the interwebs and give the first random post they choose not to respond to an added air of legitimacy. I think the better move is to hope people can use logical reasoning skills, and just do their work and not chase the never ending rumor train.
Let's not act like they weren't used to responding to stupid questions

gbdfh0n7jl411.png

Let's not act like they weren't used to responding to stupid questions when they seemed funny
And I wish they wouldn't. Clearly set expectations for some people. This is why you just don't do it.

Edit: Also isn't that tweet like two and a half years old?

And I wish they wouldn't. Clearly set expectations for some people. This is why you just don't do it.

Edit: Also isn't that tweet like two and a half years old?
I mean in this example clearly not, since people were upset about not being able to see penetrative sex and whatnot.

Some of the ridiculous expectations people had for this game just can't be helped.

But yeah, overall, stick with the radio silence. Talking is what got them into this mess in the first place. Stick to the facts now. And the facts about what to expect in the next patch will most likely not be said until they can solidify everything they can pack into the patch. Which will most likely be right before it's ready to go.

I mean in this example clearly not, since people were upset about not being able to see penetrative sex and whatnot.

Some of the ridiculous expectations people had for this game just can't be helped.

But yeah, overall, stick with the radio silence. Talking is what got them into this mess in the first place. Stick to the facts now. And the facts about what to expect in the next patch will most likely not be said until they can solidify everything they can pack into the patch. Which will most likely be right before it's ready to go.
They just have to restore everything that was censored.

I don't think setting expectations is the problem. The problem is setting expectations during the development and not unsetting them prior to release when you've discovered you cannot deliver them. Case and point, wall running. First, it's insinuated it will be a feature. At some point during development they decide it will not be a feature. At this point they say it was tossed around as an idea but ultimately they decided it will not be a feature. Before the game launched.

Compare this to the state of the launch on consoles and it's easy to see the difference.

The problem is setting expectations during the development and not unsetting them prior to release when you've discovered you cannot deliver them.
But a lot of the cut content that is now so complained of had already been said to be out by devs. They said wall running was no longer in several months prior to release - https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-wall-running-mantis-blades-cut. People just don't follow development, come back at release, then some youtuber leaves out all context of "btw CDPR confirmed this was out months before release", and everyone goes, "YEAH, WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST SAY THAT!" But they did say it was out already.

Which is not to say they've been 100% forthright. The tough to defend line I am aware of is from the dude who said the vanilla PS4 version was good in the November conference call. While good is subjective, I think the vast majority of people would disagree with the assessment. I so wish he hadn't said that, and that they just delayed the game on base consoles.

However, with that caveat about performance on PS4, it's mostly about expectations. A lot of the verified cut features were known cut features prior to launch.

Last edited:
They never said they also censored the game. I think everyone should know about this before buying something.
I'm not sure what you mean by censored, but they said years ago the game would not be rated AO, but M. They also said the game would be locally censored in some regions. The ESRB ratings came out back in the Summer - https://www.esrb.org/ratings/36949/Cyberpunk+2077/. It was then as it is now. It is still accurate.

Guest 3847602

They said wall running was no longer in several months prior to release - https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-wall-running-mantis-blades-cut. People just don't follow development, come back at release, then some youtuber leaves out all context of "btw CDPR confirmed this was out months before release", and everyone goes, "YEAH, WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST SAY THAT!" But they did say it was out already.
Same with car customization, buying and decorating apartments, using the metro and probably a few more. I think all of that was known for over a year.

Same with car customization, buying and decorating apartments, using the metro and probably a few more. I think all of that was known for over a year.
Yep. And strength and constitution being merged into body. And TPP Cutscenes being VERY rare. And Flathead being taken out of tech stat due to redundancy with hacking skills. And humanity cost limiter being turned into Cyberware slots. And UI and character customization being reworked. All of those were known at the latest by E3 2020. But lets just ignore that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom