Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never played Oblivion. But I personally do have the need of the story play around the player character. (Judge me for it if you wish).

No judgement here. Each their own. :p

The story is too short for me to forget/forgive his disgusting remarks early on, like commenting on Evelyn's faith etc.
I felt like the story did a horrible job at making all this worth for V.

I definitely agree with these points.
I did towards the end kind of like him begrudgingly, but still think he's not a good dude.

I realize this is getting off-topic, but people off handedly make this remark constantly, I can't help but to engage.

I really don't understand this sentiment. Just because Johnny Silverhand is very relevant person to the story, doesn't really negate V as a character.
I don't understand why main character has to be necessarily the "chosen one" or otherwise the be-all and end-all of the story. It's still from that perspective.

By this logic TES: Oblivion's main character is pointless and player should just play Martin Septim (very current example, I know, but it was first I could think of).
It's because of the choices meaning nothing. Johnny is fine. If we could control the various points of the game. Including the life paths factoring into each of the endings. This lack of real choice. On top of us not seeing V. Which is why cut scenes where needed. People hate Johnny a lot. And we get no good attachment to V, for a lot of people.

Well I would be extremely careful with such "LEAKS". People get hyped by stuff like this and get even more disappointed and frustrated since it turns out to be hoax.

If we questioned the

and now they're planning to bring it all back this year as a DLC which should have been in the game not some add-on.

how will they be able? They probably cut the content (if thats even true) because it wasnt finished and buggy or what else. So why would they release those feature now? The cut content wont be polished right now too. So the only possibility would be to polish the cut stuff and release it which means manpower to polish it which means the expansions (if they are still in development) will get postponed to the end of 2021.

I think we should wait for what CDPR will tell us in the future weeks and months.

See what? i think you didnt read my complete comment.

Theres a difference between to forget and to forgive.
You can always forgive (under the right circumstances), but you should never forget.

I will still not preorder any game and watch closely before i buy anything from them again, so i am not that easy to manipulate.

But if they dont choose option 1, i wouldnt even dare to give any attention to them. you see where im going?

I just quoted you because that last things you said represented the line of thought that, as I was discussing with Kikinho, was what CDPR is pretending from us by forging this "fake" leak. But, differently from what you said, they expect us to forget it in the Multiplayer Cyberpunk launch.

For me, CDPR is not concerned about what backlash they encounter today, as they (think that they) can always turn things up in the future and profit from it.

And about the fake leak... I mean that's a theory of mine. I didn't quoted you to give a personal response, nor to offend you in any manner.

Now that I'm already in this boat, I really expect that CDPR will fix it for good and add the promissed content, just as we all hope in this forum.

And my personal backlack for them is talking about the game flaws to my friends, how they can't be trusted and just never preorder from them again.

Don't see what's wrong with that as long as it's free.
yea but because of that devs will be crunching more again cause they'll both fix the game and also bring back the cut content and in doing this the planned game expansion and stuff will be furthermore pushed back especially multiplayer, this same thing happening to anthem and marvel avengers they focus more in fixing the game causing less new content to be release and now game is dead.

It's because of the choices meaning nothing. Johnny is fine. If we could control the various points of the game. Including the life paths factoring into each of the endings. This lack of real choice. On top of us not seeing V. Which is why cut scenes where needed. People hate Johnny a lot. And we get no good attachment to V, for a lot of people.
This is a great post, and why so many are using "The Ballad of Johnny Silverhand" tag for the game.

It disconnects a lot of chooms from their V and feels like it's Johnnys game.

According to other "leaked" info it was a story about investigating the increasing cases of cyberpsychosis throughout Night City

This would’ve made for a much better plot.

Free’er, more open for different endings and skill/stat setup, as well as influences from what all you do in the city and narratively more compelling.

Too bad. Too bad. As it is, it’s not... very good.

yea but because of that devs will be crunching more again cause they'll both fix the game and also bring back the cut content and in doing this the planned game expansion and stuff will be furthermore pushed back especially multiplayer, this same thing happening to anthem and marvel avengers they focus more in fixing the game causing less new content to be release and now game is dead.
Nah, this game ain't gonna die out, there is too much negativity mostly perpetuated by content creators baiting views and clicks.
Cyberpunk will only get better in gameplay experience and richer in content in the next couple of years.

Well I would be extremely careful with such "LEAKS". People get hyped by stuff like this and get even more disappointed and frustrated since it turns out to be hoax.

If we questioned the

how will they be able? They probably cut the content (if thats even true) because it wasnt finished and buggy or what else. So why would they release those feature now? The cut content wont be polished right now too. So the only possibility would be to polish the cut stuff and release it which means manpower to polish it which means the expansions (if they are still in development) will get postponed to the end of 2021.

I think we should wait for what CDPR will tell us in the future weeks and months.
if you finish the vid then you'll see (if its true) that they cut alot of the games content not because its buggy but because the execs is not "feeling it", and also these cut content were some of the promises they said wayback 2018 example the undeground city or something which is gone in the game release version.
Post automatically merged:

Nah, this game ain't gonna die out, there is too much negativity mostly perpetuated by content creators baiting views and clicks.
Cyberpunk will only get better in gameplay experience and richer in content in the next couple of years.
ya I know it wont die its just sad how they wanna appease the investors so much causing the game to really fail and loose alot of players trust at the same time having a lawsuit being filed to them, if only they listened to the devs and not to the money hungry execs, they were to blinded of respect they got from witcher 3 and look where they got themselves into.
Post automatically merged:

If we questioned the

like I said take it with a grain of salt.

Likely this, and to be taken with a grain of salt:

I was kinda ready to dismiss it as another "optimistic" fanfic, but there's one part that gave me a pause.

It was posted on the 15th (both the gamefaq and 4chan source), and mentions upcoming meeting/talks with angry Sony and trying to figure things out.

And then two days later on 17th, Sony indeed pulls Cyberpunk off PS Store.

Which would also corroborate with the 4chan comment underneath the original post, saying that some "big bad announcement will come before December ends".

:shrug:

Last edited:
Could be, and actually I hope it is, it would mean it's true.

Also, remember the leaked footage of Witcher 2 in 2009, when CDPR was searching for investors and needed to prove that there was interest for the game? I cannot find the link to the interview, but I remember reading a few years back that one the founders himself sort of implied he was the source of the leak.

I hope that this is what they pretend with this.

If the single player get as good as they promissed, they'll just deliver what they advertised. For now I expect more than that.

If this doesn't fly, I won't spent a penny on their Multiplayer.

I just quoted you because that last things you said represented the line of thought that, as I was discussing with Kikinho, was what CDPR is pretending from us by forging this "fake" leak. But, differently from what you said, they expect us to forget it in the Multiplayer Cyberpunk launch.

For me, CDPR is not concerned about what backlash they encounter today, as they (think that they) can always turn things up in the future and profit from it.

And about the fake leak... I mean that's a theory of mine. I didn't quoted you to give a personal response, nor to offend you in any manner.

Now that I'm already in this boat, I really expect that CDPR will fix it for good and add the promissed content, just as we all hope in this forum.

And my personal backlack for them is talking about the game flaws to my friends, how they can't be trusted and just never preorder from them again.

I will never forget, no matter what they do.
There will also be no profit from me, as i refuse to pay for any DLC or expansion that is related to/with cut content.
Trust me, if i could, i would have refunded this game already and bought it later for 20€ on a sale while being fixed and possibly having all the missing stuff. <-- and even this would be a "maybe", since i can use the 20€ to support companies that dont do these kinds of stuff to that extend, like the new company that works on Bloodlines 2.

And to be honest, i agree with you that CDPR is not concerned or else, they would have been a lot more active in the forums.
Caring is sharing, well unfortunetly, they didnt and still arent sharing anything with us at all, except for "free dlc" yay. DLC with content that was probably cut and now sold as "good will".

Can someone explain what's meant by Cyberpunk getting the No Man's Sky treatment?

I know of No Man's Sky and I know it didn't do well when it released, but what did they do to fix it and why is Cyberpunk being compared?

Can someone explain what's meant by Cyberpunk getting the No Man's Sky treatment?

I know of No Man's Sky and I know it didn't do well when it released, but what did they do to fix it and why is Cyberpunk being compared?

No Mans Sky had a release like cyberpunk 2077. Everyone was hating on hello games (dev studio) for cut content and advertising the game with features which were not in the final product.

After years of hard work No Mans Sky is an absolut amazing game with tons of content updates that came for free.

Now many people want the same approach for CP2077

No Mans Sky had a release like cyberpunk 2077. Everyone was hating on hello games (dev studio) for cut content and advertising the game with features which were not in the final product.

After years of hard work No Mans Sky is an absolut amazing game with tons of content updates that came for free.

Now many people want the same approach for CP2077

Ah thank you!

I kept thinking of FF:ARR and how they took the original FF MMO and literally BLEW UP THE PLANET to remake it in to the FF:14 ARR we all know today. I wasn't sure if that was the route that No Man's Sky took.

I think 1st person is better for immersion and would remove a lot to put you in them.

I also note you have a Corpo (Arasaka), Street Kid (Rogue), and Nomad (Panam) ending.

I might not bother with a second play through of this game and just uninstall it and come back to it in 6-12 months. If CDPR are going to do a No Man's Sky on it, and if they release modding tools too, this could be a whole new experience that might be worth saving my next play through for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom