Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite frankly, I couldn't care less for all the combat features. I just want a proper RPG experience. I don't care for looter shooter games at all.

I dont know if you'll find many who find the lack of choice preferable. It certainly does have choice, and points of reflection where you have to think about what kind of person V is, and do you want to do the right thing or not. And right for who exactly? And so on.

But there are long, long stretches of linearity, and sometimes the illusion of choice seems paper thin. Its best not to load/reload and break the illusion. ;)

I dont know if you'll find many who find the lack of choice preferable. It certainly does have choice, and points of reflection where you have to think about what kind of person V is, and do you want to do the right thing or not. And right for who exactly? And so on.

But there are long, long stretches of linearity, and sometimes the illusion of choice seems paper thin. Its best not to load/reload and break the illusion ;)
I know. Frankly I could even forgive the linear story too if it would have at least a long one, and with a satisfying conclusion. But it's a short linear story with no satisfying ending for me.
Edit: Didn't mention good quality story ofc. But the story has the potental to be amazing. It just needs to flesh out some parts more.

If you're game I am. I think it would be interesting to go line by line in the cut features and see what was mentioned by CDPR prior to release. Lifepaths for instance we're confirmed cut back from a 3 of 9 structure to 1 of 3 at E3 2019. Since then they've pretty much said lifepaths would each have a unique prologue mission and unique dialogue choices throughout the game. Which is fairly accurate.

I expected lifepaths to mean three different prologues and different areas of the game where your selection matters and leads to a different, impactful gameplay experience. After all, it's a character background in a game touting a player created character. As RPG's go this type of mechanic would be important.

This is... not what was provided. Instead you end up with three different prologues and various dialogue flavor related to them, for the most part. The difference is there but those differences don't go anywhere. I might do a quest where I get a Streetkid option but it doesn't do anything else. If I didn't have that option I would pick from the "normal options" and get an identical pathway through the quest with an identical result. Again, for the most part.

Yes, strictly speaking they provided what they said they would. You have different prologues and different dialogue. It's perfectly reasonable to defend this based on that logic. I still think it's fair to say they oversold it. The way it was implemented is as if they looked to do the bare minimum necessary to satisfy the claim. I don't expect bare minimum for a feature promoted as a big deal.

This theme applies almost as much to most of the quest content. The start of the game with Jackie you can say whatever the hell you want. No matter what the narrative will funnel you toward the same destination using an identical pathway. Is it, strictly speaking, branching quests/dialogue? Yes, it certainly is because you have "branches" and different selections. But it's more a single line with little loops that fold back onto itself.

You have zero control over where you're going or how you get there. You're a spectator in the body of a character. The only thing you can control is the exact phrasing, whether you explore the options presented to elaborate on context and the corresponding voice-overs. You're offered almost no freedom to dictate how a quest is driven because most have a single way to go.

Do you have varying ways to approach the missions? Yeah, I can sneak around and stealthily snap necks, hack things as a distraction, break down the front door and light everyone up, techie my way through door knobs and a lot of other approaches. Regardless, 99% of this is combat related choices or avoiding combat. It's way too one dimensional. Call me entitled but I expect a lot more from my RPG's.

I mean, if I ask about choices and consequences in an RPG and you respond with, "You can destroy everything in front of you 40 different ways.", it would lower my opinion of you. Full disclosure, I expected this is what was meant when I first saw those comments... I just couldn't believe they would lowball it so hard.

There are quests where choices matter. The endings can be altered based on your choices. It still comes off as being oversold. It's implied you have this world where your actions matter and the selections you make with your character will alter your experience. It's all so superficial and, again, bare minimum.

Character development is the same way. You can make your V, customize the appearance, even change the sex and corresponding parts. You can progress your character however you want. You have gear progression, looting things, stats, skills, perks. Despite all of this you still feel forced into CyberGeralt of Rivia. Here is V, this is how V behaves, V behaves like a Streetkid after the prologue, enjoy.

Crimes in progress, organized crime, Cyberpsychos, even gigs and side-quests. Well sure, there is side content. Sadly, the first one is basically bandit camps, the second comes off as advanced bandit camps and the third is legendary bandit camps with more better light story for why they exist. A good portion of gigs and side-quests feel the same way (some are good). I'd expect this in a loot treadmill MMO or any generic action game with quest content released in the last 20 years.

Interactions with the world? Where are they? There are all these NPC's walking around with these generic dialogue/voice lines. You can't do anything with them. If you're lucky you'll walk by a handful of NPC's running through a scripted conversation ad infinitum. What exactly is so next gen about this? Hell, TW3 was more involved. Iso RPG's from 20+ years ago were more involved.

What, are we going to classify collecting ashtrays and bottle caps as the next level in world interactivity? Technically, it qualifies as "interaction". It's still garbage. I don't expect every NPC to respond to my actions. I did expect some of them to do so though.

Crime and punishment, the police system? What the hell is this? The fist fights? <- Good joke there guys. Car races? Okay, those weren't bad. In fact, learning more about Claire through the car races was better than most of the secondary quest content....

For the record, I don't think all of this falls on unrealistic deadlines either. I sincerely think certain people in certain positions didn't know what the hell they were trying to do or were unable to do it (don't know enough to specify who, not that I would if I did).

^
That's a good start. If it's not enough try reading through the following link.

Hit up the links contained in it. See what was said/stated. Consider the implications. Consider what a reasonable person would expect. Now go back and look at the game we were given. Hell, go watch the earlier trailers (don't actually do this one, it's heartbreaking). In all my years of gaming I honestly cannot recall a release where the product was advertised and what I got was so watered down in comparison.

Lastly, to make a reasonable attempt at making this topic related.... Since I guess the "on topic" thing would be to speculate about whether the game will be greatly improved based on some random thing someone said out there on the internet somewhere.... No, I don't. It can be made better but it's going to remain at best above average outside of a complete rebuild.

CDPR NEEDS to come out and control the expectation this time, and set the bar going forward. When things like this alleged "leak" come out, they need to immediately and forcefully respond to them. Because right now, there are NO LESS than a dozen YouTubers with MILLIONS of followers referencing this very topic. And the whole hype train is starting all over again. It's only a matter of time before it's so far out of control, that CDPR will be stuck in yet another no-win scenario from which they can't escape.

They cannot control expectation.

That's the problem with the clickbait/sensationalism that dominates "independent" media.

25k people watched this video (if we take view counts as individuals only):

Watching it gives you a pretty clear expectation of the game we actually have, if you do not extend what is said in it at all.

But the hype train continued on unabated and no doubt someone would have taken the modest statements of the above interview and hyped them, because hype gets clicks and generates income.

I recently went back and looked at the 2012 announcement, and looking at it I still don't feel the game is not what was promised back then. (That doesn't mean the game is perfect by any means, there are lots of things I'd like to see improved.) But from then on the hype train was unleashed.

Hell in this thread I've seen:
People talking about stats being merged - the game has the Cyberpunk 2020 stats except Empathy.
People using the 2018 video implying Johnny just died to justify the idea that Johnny was a minor character, despite the lore of the setting having him die in the 2020s - so clearly that was wrong from the start in the 2018 video.

Watching Youtubers respond to this (fake) leak and reading the comments (I know, I know) is just a further exercise in showing the hype-train running out of control again (it goes in both directions from the people that super want what is implied in this (fake) leak to the people still on the game sucks baggage cart).

CDPR has announced a patch in Jan and Feb, even that unleashed hype and people loading more and more ideas into what should be in those patches, more hype train.

All we can do is moderate our expectations, the only thing we have control over.

Giving in to "leaks" like this doesn't do ourselves any favours.

They cannot control expectation.

That's the problem with the clickbait/sensationalism that dominates "independent" media.

25k people watched this video (if we take view counts as individuals only):

Watching it gives you a pretty clear expectation of the game we actually have, if you do not extend what is said in it at all.

But the hype train continued on unabated and no doubt someone would have taken the modest statements of the above interview and hyped them, because hype gets clicks and generates income.

I recently went back and looked at the 2012 announcement, and looking at it I still don't feel the game is not what was promised back then. (That doesn't mean the game is perfect by any means, there are lots of things I'd like to see improved.) But from then on the hype train was unleashed.

Hell in this thread I've seen:
People talking about stats being merged - the game has the Cyberpunk 2020 stats except Empathy.
People using the 2018 video implying Johnny just died to justify the idea that Johnny was a minor character, despite the lore of the setting having him die in the 2020s - so clearly that was wrong from the start in the 2018 video.

Watching Youtubers respond to this (fake) leak and reading the comments (I know, I know) is just a further exercise in showing the hype-train running out of control again (it goes in both directions from the people that super want what is implied in this (fake) leak to the people still on the game sucks baggage cart).

CDPR has announced a patch in Jan and Feb, even that unleashed hype and people loading more and more ideas into what should be in those patches, more hype train.

All we can do is moderate our expectations, the only thing we have control over.

Problem is, when you say a sentence like "Next generation RPG experience, never seen before etc..." That is basically opening the floodgates for hype. That is literally kickstarting the hype train.

And sure, I agree that Youtube content creators are a horrible sympthom of our current sensationalist internet culture. But personally I actually haven't seen any trailers or interviews or night wire or whatever aside from the initial bullets teaser, and the 2018 showcase of the rescue quest.
I didn't ride the hype train. I was simply excited because of my love and experience with CDPRs previous titles. And simply because I believed if they gonna say next gen RPG, then it's going to be something spectecular.

Yet, after finishing my first playthrough I couldn't help but feel dissapointed and empty. I didn't know any of the "alleged game features" until after my playthrough.

What I'm saying is. We need to stop blaming the hype for the game not achieving what it initially promised. And I'm not talking about specifics. I'm talking about it being a never before seen experience.

Responses @Restlessdingo32

I expected lifepaths to mean three different prologues and different areas of the game where your selection matters and leads to a different, impactful gameplay experience. After all, it's a character background in a game touting a player created character. As RPG's go this type of mechanic would be important.

This is... not what was provided. Instead you end up with three different prologues and various dialogue flavor related to them, for the most part. The difference is there but those differences don't go anywhere. I might do a quest where I get a Streetkid option but it doesn't do anything else. If I didn't have that option I would pick from the "normal options" and get an identical pathway through the quest with an identical result. Again, for the most part.

It's been stated since 2019 that there are three lifepaths impacting dialogues and prologues. In 2018 there was a magazine quote that also mentioned additional unique questlines, but I haven't heard about those in more than two years. Doesn't claim to be anything more than background flavor. It's also been confirmed a long time that V is a semi-fixed character, not the sort of blank-slate that would have vastly different gameplay experiences based on character creation choices. See this for the flavor descriptions given earlier this year ... seems pretty accurate.

This theme applies almost as much to most of the quest content. The start of the game with Jackie you can say whatever the hell you want. No matter what the narrative will funnel you toward the same destination using an identical pathway. Is it, strictly speaking, branching quests/dialogue? Yes, it certainly is because you have "branches" and different selections. But it's more a single line with little loops that fold back onto itself.

You have zero control over where you're going or how you get there. You're a spectator in the body of a character. The only thing you can control is the exact phrasing, whether you explore the options presented to elaborate on context and the corresponding voice-overs. You're offered almost no freedom to dictate how a quest is driven because most have a single way to go.

Do you have varying ways to approach the missions? Yeah, I can sneak around and stealthily snap necks, hack things as a distraction, break down the front door and light everyone up, techie my way through door knobs and a lot of other approaches. Regardless, 99% of this is combat related choices or avoiding combat. It's way too one dimensional. Call me entitled but I expect a lot more from my RPG's.

I mean, if I ask about choices and consequences in an RPG and you respond with, "You can destroy everything in front of you 40 different ways.", it would lower my opinion of you. Full disclosure, I expected this is what was meant when I first saw those comments... I just couldn't believe they would lowball it so hard.

There are quests where choices matter. The endings can be altered based on your choices. It still comes off as being oversold. It's implied you have this world where your actions matter and the selections you make with your character will alter your experience. It's all so superficial and, again, bare minimum.

I think this is a fairly accurate description. And I agree that I anticipated the narrative within quests to be more varied than it is. Other than Flathead Mission, Clouds, Panam sidequests, the endings and a few others quests here or there, there isn't a lot of variability within quests narratives. The variability is more in how V approaches encounters ... which is cool ... but not all that I wanted. So yeah, this one I give you.

Character development is the same way. You can make your V, customize the appearance, even change the sex and corresponding parts. You can progress your character however you want. You have gear progression, looting things, stats, skills, perks. Despite all of this you still feel forced into CyberGeralt of Rivia. Here is V, this is how V behaves, V behaves like a Streetkid after the prologue, enjoy.

I personally love the character creator. It gives a lot of options, and most of them look really good. We can definitely alter a lot of V's characteristics, but she's still always V, the Edgerunner mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. We've known since 2018 that V is a customizable but somewhat fixed character for narrative purposes.

Interactions with the world? Where are they? There are all these NPC's walking around with these generic dialogue/voice lines. You can't do anything with them. If you're lucky you'll walk by a handful of NPC's running through a scripted conversation ad infinitum. What exactly is so next gen about this? Hell, TW3 was more involved. Iso RPG's from 20+ years ago were more involved.

In the media we watch. In the sights and sounds of the city. In the random conversations we see (I actually think there are quite a lot of them over the course of the game). In some of the side quests (Heroes, Sinnerman, Delamaine, Kerry's questline). In the optional text and call conversations with NPCs. I don't think I ever saw CDPR claim this was going to be a life-sim style game (as much as I personally would have loved that). Nor do I remember them implying that might be the case. We knew things like eating, drinking, visiting bars and sleeping were optional and purely flavor role-play with at most minor gameplay rewards.

Crime and punishment, the police system? What the hell is this? The fist fights? <- Good joke there guys. Car races? Okay, those weren't bad. In fact, learning more about Claire through the car races was better than most of the secondary quest content....
Police - I think the most I saw said about it was Miles Tost saying in (Dec 2018?) that the system was that police would come if you committed crimes, and basically your choices were fight until you eventually get overwhelmed, or run. I think that's basically how it works.

Fist fights and car races are both decent-ish - But we were told about these two things back at E3 2019 when asks about side things V could do for fun other than questing. It was pretty much the whole list.

Also, to bring it back around to the topic at hand. That "dev" leak is very unlikely to be authentic.

Last edited:
Likely this, and to be taken with a grain of salt:

I didn't really understand that original Johnny part. Did they mean original Johnny was inspired by Cillian Murphy or Cillian Murphy was originally the one who would play Johnny?

Edit: Also, not to discredit the person who wrote this post but it does seem like this person knows about a lot of aspects of the game. My company is of similar size and as a dev, I wouldn't say I would know so many issues happening in other teams or even departments in details. But this person seems to know about dev, UI/UX, quest design, editorial etc. Or maybe he's higher up or just plain more social than I am lol.

Last edited:

Oh, I get it. Really.

I've stated what I "expect" going forward a number of times here. Damage control with the console companies. Contractual obligations with Sony in particular to remedy the fallout from the refund debacle, and to get the game back on their store generating whatever revenue they can recover for both companies as soon as possible. So basically, little more than bug fixes and optimizations for all platforms (mostly focusing on last gen console optimization) for the foreseeable future. I've also stated that I don't expect ANY gameplay content anytime soon. Because without the Sony revenue, hiring separate teams to dev new content will be tough. So that's the most likely priority ONE.

DLC or Multiplayer? Not likely before late Q4 this year or Q1 next year at the earliest, realistically. Multiplayer is slated to be a wholly separate game as I understand it. And I seriously doubt that development on a completely new multiplayer game is still in the cards, at least until this mess is resolved.

CDPR has a very daunting couple of months ahead. And anything we may hear about anything at all is subject to speculation at best. Again, that's how this whole mess began.

Problem is, when you say a sentence like "Next generation RPG experience, never seen before etc..." That is basically opening the floodgates for hype. That is literally kickstarting the hype train.
No denial that this goal is a kickstart for the hype train.

It's also the 2012 promise they missed the mark on (and I say that as a person who doesn't play a lot of digital games, Cyberpunk's draw for me was from the pen and paper side). I also personally avoided the hype, and always took the view of "if they can do that it will be awesome" (I was burnt by a game back in the 90s and have been sceptical since.)

Yet this is the same as McDonald's claiming to have a gourmet range:
1609812751714.png

Do you believe their marketing?

Why believe a gaming company's marketing?

People clearly ignored the "this doesn't represent the final product" warnings on things and dreamed up more and more content.

Even when the devs did press people misrepresented them. For example, one website posted an interview with a dev, in which they discussed the Mox and mentioned Mr Stud and Midnight Lady as tools of their trade. Some clickbait site then posted an article that hyped that you would be able to buy those items and use them in sex scenes. Some people never bothered with the long interview and just read the short clickbait site. The clickbait site didn't expressly lie, but they over hyped the game and set false expectations.

That's not something that falls under CDPR's responsibility.

Yes CDPR has messed up. But the extent of their mess up depends on how carefully you read the information they directly supplied.

This "leak" is clearly fan fiction, someone took all the big points people keep going on about (disliking Johnny and cut content in particular) and wrote a nice little click bait. Someone made hype that then exploded into the media-sphere without a single thought being given by all those that shared and hyped it. Again CDPR is not responsible for this.

CDPR has said patch this month, patch in Feb, anything beyond those things, any claims, are hype and wishful thinking.

I'm sorry. But there are things they said that caused the hype too. Not everything is because of fans going overboard. They talked about the "extensive" character creator. I'm sorry, but this character creator is worse than Saints Row 3 and 4's creator. It's not extensive. It's a basic creator, that's modern. Nothing more. And than there's tons of issues in the story. Including lack of character usage. Story elements not used correctly, or cut. Example: If you pick Nomad or Corp life path's. When we go to Jackie's funeral. V walks up to Padre like he knows him. THAT'S for the Street Kid life path. NOT the other two. I didn't know who the hell he was. This is a obvious flaw in the narrative. And never got corrected. They thought the time jump would cover it. That's BAD writing. It's a mixture of everything that turned this into a crap sandwich.

I agree, the hype did not all stem from the fans. In fact I managed to ignore the fan hype for a long time, thinking that Cyberpunk 2077 was nothing more than a mere shooter. Seen it all before.

The thing that got me interested was the E3 2018 Gameplay which I came across back in July, so that is basically when I decided to give the game a chance. I wanted that story branching, PLUS MORE JACKIE!! I generally thought the story was about V and Jackie, still wish it was too. I also thought that with the story branching that it would be an RPG like Mass Effect set in a Cyberpunk world. The game was even classed as an RPG and thus this further told me that I would be getting that STORY BRANCHING.

I really wish I listened to my original thoughts on the game, as it turned out this game was barely an RPG and it was more about Johnny and celebrity egos and being star struck instead, joy... No offence but as has been said before Keanu should of ended up being a dlc. Also, why did they sneakily change the genre from an RPG to Action Adventure? I'd still love to know why it was done on the sly.

Anyway going by this forum I think a lot of people would of appreciated more Jackie, V, Mama Wells, Vik instead of constant Johnny in your face all of the time.

The Pickup Mission is still my favorite mission within the game because it was the only one with actual story choices and not just the 'Illusion of Choice', at least that I found before giving up on the game anyway. Even if they are others like this mission, the point is unless all quests are like this then it hardly matters and doesn't really qualify because it doesn't make sense to do one mission like this and not the rest, it just feels like a lazy half butchered job. Stay committed to it if you are going to add it.

I also don't like looking at fan hype as it doesn't really interest me, I much prefer information about games to come from the company itself. It or at least I thought so was the only place I would get solid information regarding the title. Now I no longer know who or what to trust.

The only place I looked at (possible fan hype) before the games release was this forum before I actually decided to register and join it (which I did after the games release). However, I only ever looked at subjects that the developers mentioned where in the game such as the possible different story branching and what could be included within them, as that was where my interest within the game originated from.

This whole game is like a warning for people to not let your obsessions get the better of you. Also, proves how greedy companies can get.

I know some people got hyped over the game through The Witcher series, however the only Witcher game I have played is The Witcher 2 countless years ago. I do have The Witcher 3 but have yet to actually play it, now I'm not sure if I want to or not. I cannot support greed, I spent good money and hardly got anything I expected or wanted within Cyberpunk 2077.

Also, I'll admit another thing that puts me off CDPR is how they spoil stuff with their games but if I had to explain examples to this, I would be going off topic a bit. There are examples regarding Cyberpunk 2077 too such as potentially releasing the montage into actual gameplay (if that was to happen), when we already know the fates of several characters. This to me also screams that the company does not care about its fans, why spoil your games?

Anyway enough, I'm tired...

I'm sorry. But there are things they said that caused the hype too. Not everything is because of fans going overboard. They talked about the "extensive" character creator. I'm sorry, but this character creator is worse than Saints Row 3 and 4's creator. It's not extensive. It's a basic creator, that's modern. Nothing more. And than there's tons of issues in the story. Including lack of character usage. Story elements not used correctly, or cut. Example: If you pick Nomad or Corp life path's. When we go to Jackie's funeral. V walks up to Padre like he knows him. THAT'S for the Street Kid life path. NOT the other two. I didn't know who the hell he was. This is a obvious flaw in the narrative. And never got corrected. They thought the time jump would cover it. That's BAD writing. It's a mixture of everything that turned this into a crap sandwich.

I would say that is a valid criticism.

Especially the story bits. I ran into a few such instances. I think the most glaring thing is Regina. She knows your name. She's got your number. And she literally blows up your phone the second you come out of your apartment the morning after Jackie borrows your car. I think a better implementation of that would have been for her to message you with interest in putting you to work based upon "what she's heard on the street" about you. After which you call her back when YOU want to talk to her. Had they replaced Wakako with Regina in "The Rescue", she would have been a much better fit.

Instead, they chose to use Wakako (who is the Japantown fixer) and her "invitation" to collect your fee (which you CANNOT do until Johnny is jammed in your head) as the vehicle to pigeonhole you into starting the main quest to do anything outside of Watson. But that's a whole other gripe I have with the "open world" claims, so I digress.....

But on the Jackie funeral thing..... I never even knew about it. Never got any kind of invitation or anything. Weird.

I agree, the hype did not all stem from the fans. In fact I managed to ignore the fan hype for a long time, thinking that Cyberpunk 2077 was nothing more than a mere shooter. Seen it all before.

The thing that got me interested was the E3 2018 Gameplay which I came across back in July, so that is basically when I decided to give the game a chance. I wanted that story branching, PLUS MORE JACKIE!! I generally thought the story was about V and Jackie, still wish it was too. I also thought that with the story branching that it would be an RPG like Mass Effect set in a Cyberpunk world. The game was even classed as an RPG and thus this further told me that I would be getting that STORY BRANCHING.

I really wish I listened to my original thoughts on the game, as it turned out this game was barely an RPG and it was more about Johnny and celebrity egos and being star struck instead, joy... No offence but as has been said before Keanu should of ended up being a dlc. Also, why did they sneakily change the genre from an RPG to Action Adventure? I'd still love to know why it was done on the sly.

Anyway going by this forum I think a lot of people would of appreciated more Jackie, V, Mama Wells, Vik instead of constant Johnny in your face all of the time.

The Pickup Mission is still my favorite mission within the game because it was the only one with actual story choices and not just the 'Illusion of Choice', at least that I found before giving up on the game anyway. Even if they are others like this mission, the point is unless all quests are like this then it hardly matters and doesn't really qualify because it doesn't make sense to do one mission like this and not the rest, it just feels like a lazy half butchered job. Stay committed to it if you are going to add it.

I also don't like looking at fan hype as it doesn't really interest me, I much prefer information about games to come from the company itself. It or at least I thought so was the only place I would get solid information regarding the title. Now I no longer know who or what to trust.

The only place I looked at (possible fan hype) before the games release was this forum before I actually decided to register and join it (which I did after the games release). However, I only ever looked at subjects that the developers mentioned where in the game such as the possible different story branching and what could be included within them, as that was where my interest within the game originated from.

This whole game is like a warning for people to not let your obsessions get the better of you. Also, proves how greedy companies can get.

I know some people got hyped over the game through The Witcher series, however the only Witcher game I have played is The Witcher 2 countless years ago. I do have The Witcher 3 but have yet to actually play it, now I'm not sure if I want to or not. I cannot support greed, I spent good money and hardly got anything I expected or wanted within Cyberpunk 2077.

Also, I'll admit another thing that puts me off CDPR is how they spoil stuff with their games but if I had to explain examples to this, I would be going off topic a bit. There are examples regarding Cyberpunk 2077 too such as potentially releasing the montage into actual gameplay (if that was to happen), when we already know the fates of several characters. This to me also screams that the company does not care about its fans, why spoil your games?

Anyway enough, I'm tired...
Yeah, I was also hoping for a TON more story branching. I would've loved to explore the arc's of Jackie/Misty, Mama Welles, Vik and all of the fixers and gangs, etc. I mean there's SOOO much potential, but, I guess we gotta settle for now.

Last edited:

Do your self a favor and play The Witcher 3.
1. if you already have it your not really supporting CDPR (cause you already did)
2. It haves some of the best branching stories with choices that truly matter.
3. You will see why so many thought Cyberpunk 2077 was going to be amazing, just based off of The Witcher 3 alone.

Yeah, I was also hoping for a TON more story branching. I would've loved to explore the arc's of Jackie/Misty, Mama Welles, Vik and all of the fixers and gangs, etc. I mean there's SOOO much potential, but, I guess we gotta settle for now.

This is why I want an officially supported dev kit. The potential.

And with such a kit, the possibilities are near endless for this game. Especially when it comes to new, community made stuff like side quests and gigs, clothing and armor, housing, weapons and mods, cybernetics and attachments, vehicles and customization options, and even some of the larger modding team content like Fusion City Rising for Fallout 4, and the whole series of DLC style content that branches from it. Like Depravity which completely retools the game's main quest. I can just imagine a Hookers of the Commonwealth style mod for this game.

Thuggysmurf and the rest of that team have added as much or more content to Fallout 4 than vanilla Fallout 4 even released with when you combine all their stuff. And it ALL works in in harmony, plugging together so you can play or ignore whatever parts you want, with bits and pieces of one mod even playing into the others in the series. Phenomenally well done stuff. Pro-grade by any measure. And from just ONE team of talented modders who love what they do.

That's FREE community content that adds HOURS and YEARS of replay value to the game as new stuff is created to suck players back in.

This is why I want an officially supported dev kit. The potential.

And with such a kit, the possibilities are near endless for this game. Especially when it comes to new, community made stuff like side quests and gigs, clothing and armor, housing, weapons and mods, cybernetics and attachments, vehicles and customization options, and even some of the larger modding team content like Fusion City Rising for Fallout 4, and the whole series of DLC style content that branches from it. Like Depravity which completely retools the game's main quest. I can just imagine a Hookers of the Commonwealth style mod for this game.

Thuggysmurf and the rest of that team have added as much or more content to Fallout 4 than vanilla Fallout 4 even released with when you combine all their stuff. And it ALL works in in harmony, plugging together so you can play or ignore whatever parts you want, with bits and pieces of one mod even playing into the others in the series. Phenomenally well done stuff. Pro-grade by any measure. And from just ONE team of talented modders who love what they do.

That's FREE community content that adds HOURS and YEARS of replay value to the game as new stuff is created to suck players back in.
I am absolutely in favor of this

No denial that this goal is a kickstart for the hype train.

It's also the 2012 promise they missed the mark on (and I say that as a person who doesn't play a lot of digital games, Cyberpunk's draw for me was from the pen and paper side). I also personally avoided the hype, and always took the view of "if they can do that it will be awesome" (I was burnt by a game back in the 90s and have been sceptical since.)

Yet this is the same as McDonald's claiming to have a gourmet range:
View attachment 11128751

Do you believe their marketing?

Why believe a gaming company's marketing?

People clearly ignored the "this doesn't represent the final product" warnings on things and dreamed up more and more content.

Even when the devs did press people misrepresented them. For example, one website posted an interview with a dev, in which they discussed the Mox and mentioned Mr Stud and Midnight Lady as tools of their trade. Some clickbait site then posted an article that hyped that you would be able to buy those items and use them in sex scenes. Some people never bothered with the long interview and just read the short clickbait site. The clickbait site didn't expressly lie, but they over hyped the game and set false expectations.

That's not something that falls under CDPR's responsibility.

Yes CDPR has messed up. But the extent of their mess up depends on how carefully you read the information they directly supplied.

This "leak" is clearly fan fiction, someone took all the big points people keep going on about (disliking Johnny and cut content in particular) and wrote a nice little click bait. Someone made hype that then exploded into the media-sphere without a single thought being given by all those that shared and hyped it. Again CDPR is not responsible for this.

CDPR has said patch this month, patch in Feb, anything beyond those things, any claims, are hype and wishful thinking.

Half truth are not better than lies no more no less. If you find what cd projekt did acceptable well...

However they Lied. They Lied so much you can see it by yourself in the gameplay trailers. In the interviews. Everywhere. People don't build expectations from nowhere.

First Deiceve then blame the community is a really really shady dishonest move.

I don't think this rumor is true.

Seriously.

If CDPR doesn't capitalize on the benefit of what the modding scene could bring to this game, and I mean full-on Bethesda CK style, they're seriously handicapping it. Because it's ripe with potential for some big community content.
As long as they don't put it behind paywalls

On this, I was on a pretty heavy blackout on information since the E3 2018 video (I watched it for the first time towards the end of my first playthrough).
So I've been on a huge binge of content from the last couple of years.
The runaway wild speculation and interpretation from articles and youtube videos is extrodinary.

Videos adding speculation they drew from articles that already had hefty speculation.

CD Projket definitely implied things were in the game that are not, some they outright said that are not - but holy shit - the videos and articles that took hype train on expectations for this game are out of this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom