Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
On this, I was on a pretty heavy blackout on information since the E3 2018 video (I watched it for the first time towards the end of my first playthrough).
So I've been on a huge binge of content from the last couple of years.
The runaway wild speculation and interpretation from articles and youtube videos is extrodinary.

Videos adding speculation they drew from articles that already had hefty speculation.

CD Projket definitely implied things were in the game that are not, some they outright said that are not - but holy shit - the videos and articles that took hype train on expectations for this game are out of this world.
Yeah, which is why I based my decision to get this game based on company released information and not what some rando youtuber said.

Yeah, which is why I based my decision to get this game based on company released information and not what some rando youtuber said.

Yeah - like wow - the amount of them claiming that Jackie was going to be a romance option.....and they have it on good information....

....clearly they did not have it on good information and were just making shit up.

Yeah - like wow - the amount of them claiming that Jackie was going to be a romance option.....and they have it on good information....

....clearly they did not have it on good information and were just making shit up.
Yeah, but I was still disappointed when I couldn't explore his story more

Yeah, but I was still disappointed when I couldn't explore his story more

That was missed opportunity #19 if I recall.

Hope it's written on a whiteboard in the office (or digital if they're all fancy) "Part of Free DLC - More Jackie" (in tiny notes) - "turns out people really actually wanted to spend time and explore that character, we put as Vs best friend in all the marketing and promo material. Who knew?"

That was missed opportunity #19 if I recall.

Hope it's written on a whiteboard in the office (or digital if they're all fancy) "Part of Free DLC - More Jackie" (in tiny notes) - "turns out people really actually wanted to spend time and explore that character, we put as Vs best friend in all the marketing and promo material. Who knew?"
Admittedly, I didn't like jackie in all the promo material I saw, but my first playthrough, I was really wanting Jackie and V to be the central focus.

So what's the point about releasing these new patch/updates ? There's nothing good in that leak.
Post automatically merged:

That cut content is intended to make it back into the game
Post automatically merged:
Censored content will probably remain censored. They could restore these scenes only if it was self-censorship and not forced-censorship.

Likely this, and to be taken with a grain of salt:

That montage where you see yourself running about NC with Jackie, that has to be the worst idea in the history of gaming. I wanted to do all those things myself, get to know Jackie so that i actualy cared when he died. If you look away from all the bugs and some horrible keybinds, that has to be my most anoying moment in my enitre playtrough. Feel like someone went ahead and said fuck it, just make one 5minute mission for each Lifepath and just shuffle the first 5 hours into a cutsceene montage.

I was expecting something similar to Dragon Age Origins when it comes to lifepaths. They could at least keep short montage, it would give us more time to at least give a damn about Jackie and T-Bug.

I don't think the rumor is true. It's interesting to see so many popular Youtubers jump into random leak and make a video about it.

It's interesting to see so many popular Youtubers jump into random leak and make a video about it.

That's because cyberpunk 2077 is a hot / controversial topic right now and any information (substantiated or not), will bring in the views. It's their hobby / job.

That's because consoles and cloud gaming are money grabber things and wants families to play with every game in the market. Annoying ESRB range is one of the worst things in gaming and is always supported by mainstream platforms. That's why devs self-censored the game.
CDPR told us they were making a brutal, mature adult themed game so that's the standard I'm going to hold them to period regardless of who/what/why they censored the game. I'm still pissed about fully clothed strippers in the windows, no strippers in the strip clubs and drug dealers selling medicine. Not on my watch.
download (47).jpg

Oh there clearly is some content that got cut along the way. However this thread is about this "dev" leak. Which is clearly not from a dev IMO.

IMO is an interesting way to terminate that response. I wonder what role you think you're playing in this thread. Is it that of a moderator or a consumer? My understanding of forum moderation is that it is to ensure a safe space for discussions to take place and little else? I would hope that I would be grossly misrepresenting and unfairly characterising your input as damage/narrative control or as hostile censor etc etc.

I'm confused and wouldn't mind a little clarity from you as to how you see your role in this space. That way I know where I stand when it comes to interacting with forum contributions from posts with the title Moderator attatched to them.

Last edited:
Well.. My brother is a dev on CDPR, more exactly as engine progammer, (went aboard in 2018 to work on CP2077), he just came back from holidays breaks at this monday but he said me the ambient at CDPR offices are to die for, with the dev teams being almost anger to death with the managment and each other. The leak everyone being talking about is fake as there are no plans for a June revamp (they are mainly crunching the PS4/XBOX fix atm)

PS: My brother it is at office and not working at home!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom