Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am over the whole censorship question personally. It's obvious it wont happen. But that is fine. We have mods to compensate for that. And mods will probably make saucier content than the devs would ever be allowed to.

The leak talks about important game features tho that could make the game a much better RPG experience.
I can't play a censored version. The only way to enjoy everything is its uncut form. I don't mind if consoles and cloud gaming kids toys doesn't allow AO rating and some kind of contents. This is PC and we deserve uncut edition. Mods aren't official contents and in case we'll need a mod to remove censorship it would have won this battle. Then mods can't restore ALL removed quest because of censorship and ALL censored contents in game doing them how they was intended to be by devs. Censored versions shouldn't exist, if you have to release something with censors in it you just could not sell it, if there is a worse thing than not doing something is doing something with limits.

I don't know - so many of the gigs have a staggering amount of lore, non flagged choices and flow on effects to other gigs. They're not just clear them, although you can totally do that if you want. The Fixer might tell you were sloppy, but you still complete them.

The ones where objectives allow you to ghost your way through without ever being seen, finding out characters you deal with might be up to some seriously dark shit and giving you to freedom to end them or not are some of the best smaller scale filler quests in any open world game.

I agree there should be a lot more content with the main characters (especially Jackie, Misty, Mama Welles, T-Bug, Evelyn, Judy and on and on) - but the GIGs and smaller stuff hidden throughout the world offer some excellent RPG experiences.

THose are just lore dumps. The best way to represent lore in to a rpg is show it not drop a datapad casually and conveniently placed visible on a table to explain things. This game is linear it has a progression but is everything but an RPG. You can't roleplay anything in this game you can't even take meaningful decisions. This is just an action adventure Fps. And the staggering disgusting thing that was done is answering to the people "Why you changed from RPG to action adventure in media?" oh don't worry is still an rpg with choices concequences.... THis from the very community managment. So Lies. On Lies. On Lies. ANd believe me i am not hating the game. I would love to love this game i somply i can't because this game got butchered by terrible management decision at the point that don't even resemble closely in the spirit the source material it cpome from.

Genuine question regarding NPC AI routines;

What would they add for you in the game personally?

For me I spend most of my time just running through them, they're just moving furniture to make the world feel alive - their day to day activities don't really interest me.

Is it merely a more detailed immersion or are wanting to get something more out of it?
Not disappearing, driving decently, no clone, running away from danger, calling police/trauma/, just normal stuff that are in any other game.

THose are just lore dumps. The best way to represent lore in to a rpg is show it not drop a datapad casually and conveniently placed visible on a table to explain things. This game is linear it has a progression but is everything but an RPG. You can't roleplay anything in this game you can't even take meaningful decisions. This is just an action adventure Fps. And the staggering disgusting thing that was done is answering to the people "Why you changed from RPG to action adventure in media?" oh don't worry is still an rpg with choices concequences.... THis from the very community managment. So Lies. On Lies. On Lies. ANd believe me i am not hating the game. I would love to love this game i somply i can't because this game got butchered by terrible management decision at the point that don't even resemble closely in the spirit the source material it cpome from.

They're not just lore dumps though - you actually learn stuff that opens up choices in dialogue later on and opens up hidden options to kill people or not that also expands on dialogue rewards and changes other gigs.

They're just not outright flagged with a yellow exclamation mark to let you know.

There is a lot of reward for exploring your options and finding out everything you can.

agree cenroship destroy a lot but is not everthing but i do not lie i hate censorship in gerally everthing is only to jope the put some of the promised contet in live even when is censored better as nothing.

You notice all the gigs has the same pattern?
Go take off the cyberpsycho search profs...
GO clear the space from hostile..
Go take the object and return it.
Go slay the objective.

And this repeats over and over and over again.

You notice all the gigs has the same pattern?
Go take off the cyberpsycho search profs...
GO clear the space from hostile..
Go take the object and return it.
Go slay the objective.

And this repeats over and over and over again.
It’s almost like they’re little dungeons :think:

As you can clearly read in my signature, my public musings are my own unless indicated otherwise.

You can see it once you log in, yes, but not unless you log in. Do you think it wise to differentiate via small print? Would it be more appropriate to use a personal account for personal musings?

You can see it once you log in, yes, but not unless you log in. Do you think it wise to differentiate via small-print? Would it be more appropriate to use a personal account for personal musings?
I only have one account. And no, I wont be making another. One of the things I loved about this forum prior to being a moderator is that the moderators actually interacted with users and participated in the community. However, this is not the topic of this thread. Feel free to PM me if you would like to further discuss it.

So cdpr and the moderators claim that there are no devs in the office as they are all working in homeoffice?

My brother is def. working at office.. It appears there are way more teams there and not everyone at home like the moderator said.. Anyway, that isn´t important at all for the topic subject, just wanted to share some info (their priority for the time being is to make the PS4 playable to get back at PStore asap)

Their community system is a lot more sophisticated than it was in TW3. The npcs do more and there are more of them. There's one quote from 2018 where they talk about persistent NPCs with routines, and that must have changed. But otherwise the description seems pretty on to me. They likely (this is a guess) had to change the persistent NPCs component it for performance reasons.

So yes, I'll give you persistent NPCs in the crowd system. But that's pretty small potatoes in the scheme of the game.

Already noticed that there are/is
Mods and perks which have no function,
Entire parts of the map which are just empty,
Ingame hints for stuff which is just missing,
Nothing to do when the map is cleared,

think i dont have to continue the list.

Thats bs, wouldnt be in the game if it wasnt intended

I agree.

No studio wastes production costs like that for "just in case". Especially for a cutscene. They do it to offer "choice".

And that whole "OMG!!!! it's all lies!!... It wasn't cut!! V's hand clips in some places!..... OMG!!!.....PROOOOOOF!!!!!" Bullshit. I see my V's hands clip through all kinds of shit throughout the entire game, whether I play male V OR female V. This is an entire damn scene with the male V.

I would more likely believe if they had said something like this in that interview:

"we intended to give the player the option with Judy as either sex, but after further review, we decided to go with Judy as the female V love interest because in the end, it was a better fit for her character. So we decided not to use that content."

And I'd be totally cool with that. And it explains why the files are still there. And it just sounds more..... "honest". But to come out in the midst of this shitstorm with some lame excuse like "we made it just in case"? Seriously? Add to all this my own experience playing the game:

In my first playthrough, my male V was on the tower with River. And things got a little "uncomfortable" for straight edge me. And that's putting it mildly. Now even if it wouldn't have gone anywhere if I had pursued another dialogue option, I find NO reason to believe that it wasn't intended at some point for River to have a bi-sexual option, that was later determined didn't fit quite right into his character in the game. So here again, we have a situation not unlike the Judy findings.

Speculation? Sure. But any less likely than the "just in case" excuse? Why? Because CDPR said so? And that track record of honesty and transparency has been nothing less than stellar thus far?

Seriously. Stop "excusing" this shit away. It only adds another layer of shade to the already thick as tire smoke cloud hanging over this company and the game right now.

Im curious if devs cant just hide that censored part of the game, somewhere in game files. Some modders would find it for sure.
Cut contents could be incomplete or something else. Then i would prefer an official release because i don't want censorship to won.

I agree.

No studio wastes production costs like that for "just in case". Especially for a cutscene. They do it to offer "choice".

And that whole "OMG!!!! it's all lies!!... It wasn't cut!! V's hand clips in some places!..... OMG!!!.....PROOOOOOF!!!!!" Bullshit. I see my V's hands clip through all kinds of shit throughout the entire game, whether I play male V OR female V. This is an entire damn scene with the male V.

I would more likely believe if they had said something like this in that interview:

"we intended to give the player the option with Judy as either sex, but after further review, we decided to go with Judy as the female V love interest because in the end, it was a better fit for her character. So we decided not to use that content."

And I'd be totally cool with that. And it explains why the files are still there. And it just sounds more..... "honest". But to come out in the midst of this shitstorm with some lame excuse like "we made it just in case"? Seriously? Add to all this my own experience playing the game:

In my first playthrough, my male V was on the tower with River. And things got a little "uncomfortable" for straight edge me. And that's putting it mildly. Now even if it wouldn't have gone anywhere if I had pursued another dialogue option, I find NO reason to believe that it wasn't intended at some point for River to have a bi-sexual option, that was later determined didn't fit quite right into his character in the game. So here again, we have a situation not unlike the Judy findings.

Speculation? Sure. But any less likely than the "just in case" excuse? Why? Because CDPR said so? And that track record of honesty and transparency has been nothing less than stellar thus far?

Seriously. Stop "excusing" this shit away. It only adds another layer of shade to the already thick as tire smoke cloud hanging over this company and the game right now.
I’ll just paste my comment from before as a response to your rambling.

“Judy is clearly portrayed as being lesbian through her story, having a crush on the girl she stole a doll from when she was little, and on Maiko. Also there is gender specific dialogue during the nomad ending for V and Judy calling them “girls”.

the voice lines for female V romancing Panam are also present because she only needs V to have a male body, they probably planned to do the same for Judy but changed it at some point.”

I wouldn't be surprised if all of this turned out to be true, I'm talking about the cut content, not it being added later. The game feels like it's missing an entire game if you know what I mean. We were promised a multi-branching complex story, and what we got is a linear story with no player choices to speak of.

Well, i don't know if it's true.
All we can do is to hope for it.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I’ll just paste my comment from before as a response to your rambling.

“Judy is clearly portrayed as being lesbian through her story, having a crush on the girl she stole a doll from when she was little, and on Maiko. Also there is gender specific dialogue during the nomad ending for V and Judy calling them “girls”.

the voice lines for female V romancing Panam are also present because she only needs V to have a male body, they probably planned to do the same for Judy but changed it at some point.”

So What?
At some sidequest i was greeted by some guys who knew me from jackies funeral, to which i never went, because there was no funeral, because i dumped him to the ripperdoc.

Your argument isn't any because of the inconsistencies the game has.
Which are caused by what?
Exactly, cut content. :)

Johnny Silverhand, narrative feels like a DLC that was shoe-horned into being the main story. I was really looking forward to the RPG, not Keanucuck'd 2077.

So What?
At some sidequest i was greeted by some guys who knew me from jackies funeral, to which i never went, because there was no funeral, because i dumped him to the ripperdoc.

Your argument isn't any because of the inconsistencies the game has.
Which are caused by what?
Exactly, cut content. :)
You can dismiss my valid arguments all you want but at some point you need to grow up and accept not all virtual female characters want to fuck you :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom