Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
At some sidequest i was greeted by some guys who knew me from jackies funeral, to which i never went, because there was no funeral, because i dumped him to the ripperdoc.
That's not cut content at all. All the content is there. Jackie can be sent to Vics. Jackie can go to his Mama Welles. The dialogue line is just not accurately reflecting the path you chose. Which to be sure, is a mess up on the part of the devs. But it's not indicative of cut content.

That's not cut content at all. All the content is there. Jackie can be sent to Vics. Jackie can go to his Mama Welles. The dialogue line is just not accurately reflecting the path you chose. Which to be sure, is a mess up on the part of the devs. But it's not indicative of cut content.

Yes that comparison wasn't the best.
Empty Buildings, Perks which have no effect or weapon mods without stats or any function would have been a better one.

[...]

That was exactly my thought as well. But his comment did explain why I never got to see the funeral content.

Empty Buildings, Perks which have no effect or weapon mods without stats or any function would have been a better one.
Well the perks are again clearly mess ups, but I wouldn't call it cut content. Just borked design. Which is definitely bad, but not cut content.

Of course not all the level designs are gonna be used. Some get cut when the quests are merged away into other stuff or no longer work as well as the devs want them to. Others are probably being reserved for future content. It's been rumored since 2018 that an expansion will involve going to the moon (it was from the same source that first claimed the game would be primarily FPP ... so they got at least one thing right). I would guess the whole orbital air island will be connected with that, assuming the rumor turns out to be correct. Other places might be filled in with additional content later. Maybe they're saving some buildings for Cyberpunk 2078 or whatever they'll call it. Or maybe not. It's a Giant City. They've said for years we wont be able to go in every building, only those needed for the stories they wanted to tell.

We usually do not comment on rumours, but this is simply not true.

So the game ISN'T going to be finished?
Man, you devs got screwed over so hard; 8 years of work and this is the legacy the game will leave behind.

I can't imagine how emotionally and mentally debilitating this game's release has been. Hopefully those in charge are held accountable, because the state of this game is inexcusable, and fixing bugs isn't going to help it maintain relevancy when time passes, outside of jokes or memes.

So the game ISN'T going to be finished?
Man, you devs got screwed over so hard; 8 years of work and this is the legacy the game will leave behind.

I can't imagine how emotionally and mentally debilitating this game's release has been. Hopefully those in charge are held accountable, because the state of this game is inexcusable, and fixing bugs isn't going to help it maintain relevancy when time passes, outside of jokes or memes.
Replies like these are why devs won't actively interact with us on the forums. Why jump at their throats right away?

We should be grateful they have dispersed one of the rumors and our doubts with it.

I saw this content too, and honestly, most of the stuff the stuff they say in these videos is stuff I have found myself to be very likely just from having played the game and seen how it is built, especially when you compare it to the info we had before release.

Thats why I have high hopes for the info OP is talking about.

The lack of communication of things either missing or... the half-truths told and the fact all we know about the patches are fixing bugs and performance to be of solid quality for all platforms is what is truly enraging about this mess. Nothing about if they plan on adding meaningful content to the game in the form of free updates. Or if they truly expect us all to just pony up the cash for the expansions to make the real vision of night city and cyberpunk 2077 be revealed. Because if they plan on wanting more cash from me then expecting me to pony up the money to get the experience I was sold and have already paid for just isn't on.

I dunno if they are trying to go the Sean Murray No Mans Sky road of radio silence and then boom big free content update as an apology or like mentioned radio silent and just performance and bug patches. But I will say the silence... is a bad move for a AAA developer in my mind. It worked okay for Sean and Hello Games because they were a tiny team and they did fix their mistake. But so far CDPR isn't making me confident.

It's such a shame, Cyberpunks writing is fantastic on par with TW3 or better in some cases, but the lack of it, the lack of meaningful things to do just pummels the good things this game brings to the ground. The combat again is a solid improvement in most departments but why should we care when you're actions have very few real consequences less so than many other AAA RPGS. To go from the quality of TW3 to Cyberpunk is honestly... kinda heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom