DEVELOP: STAR AWARD 2022

+
Lately I stumble over the winner of the develop:star award 2022 - Aloy won 2 categories: Best Game and Best Visual Arts. Elden Ring was missing on the shortlists why so ever tho...

Winner:
  • Best Narrative: "Life is Strange: True Colors"
  • Best Audio: "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy"
  • Best Creative Provider: d3t
  • Best QA & Localisation Provider: Keywords Studios
  • Best Technical Innovation: "Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart"
  • Best Visual Art: "Horizon Forbidden West"
  • Marketing Star: Media Molecule Live Services Team
  • Best Extended Reality Game: "Resident Evil 4 VR"
  • Tomorrow’s Star: Charmie Kim
  • Best Technology Provider: Unreal Engine
  • Recruitment Star: Sumo Group
  • Best Mobile Game: "LEGO Star Wars Battles"
  • Diversity Star: Charu Desodt
  • Best Original IP: "DEATHLOOP"
  • Best Game Design: "Unpacking"
  • Publishing Star: Curve Games
  • Best Game: "Horizon Forbidden West"
  • Best Micro Studio: Acid Nerve
  • Best Studio: Sumo Digital
  • The Develop Star Award: Dinga Bakaba – Arkane Lyon
Full shortlists: https://www.developconference.com/whats-on/develop-star-awards

So an honest question without offense - did anyone think CP77 (or CDPR) would deserve to be a winner in any of those categories? If yes which ones? Curious what you think - and no they haven't won anything in 2020/2021 as well.

Last edited:
The real question is why does it matter?

Do any customer care about those awards? I mean, honestly cares? I've never met anyone who does.

But in all honesty, yeah, they could definitely have won any narrative award for CP2077. Customers, y'know, people who actually matter, certainly thought so in 2021 when they gave the game the Steam Outstanding Story-Rich award.

It also won IGN Japan's GOTY award FYI.

If all you're interested in is more "professional" award ceremonies then it was still nominated in a bunch. Which isn't nothing.

Ultimately, I'm far more interested in what my fellow gamers have to say when it comes to a game.

Just replying to see everyone defend CDPR

But no they didn't deserve to be nominated for anything other than soundtrack. I love pon pon shit

Have too agree with @LeKill3rFou never heard of this award. I generally only trust players choice since theres way too much sucking up in most award shows in gaming (and sometimes they are even very wrong so :D) -.- Same with reviews, its all about finding some independant reviewer you like and have similar tastes as you and seeing what that person says. Then i try too form my own opinion trough streams/videos. If it seems like a game ill like i buy it.

Top Bottom