Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ievel gating areas was inevitable for this game. Reminder, it's not an RPG like the original 2020. It's an action adventure story game. This isn't Skyrim where you can start the game, backpack around the map as a traveling gold miner and buy a house in the capital city when you've saved enough.

This has a single storyline. The immortality chip and the cyber ghost of Johnny Silverhand. Your character is a mercenary not whatever you want them to be.

This isn't necessarily bad. CDPR made Witcher with a specific quest line and it turned out pretty well. I have faith that these guys will tell a story that will more than make up for the lack of autonomy.

I haven`t check in on this thread in a while , do we have an answer for saving the game ? Can i save anywhere ? Do i have to go back the V`s home to save ? Or some thing else?

Well, as an old school gamer myself. I would hope that this encourages them to give pnp's a try. There is nothing quite like the experience, believe me.

Indeed, I've played Warhammer Fantasy RP myself, had an amazing Game Master who wrote our entire campaign, every single NPC, all of it by himself... and if that doesn't sound impressive enough:

This campaign took us FOUR YEARS with meeting at least once a month, if not twice... four years to complete, such an epic journey it was without ever once becoming boring or any less immersive.

Sadly, the logistics of PnP mean that nowadays, with everyone working full time, myself being bedbound almost completely... all of that is pretty much impossible, at least when it comes to involving myself... damn, I miss those days...

Ievel gating areas was inevitable for this game. Reminder, it's not an RPG like the original 2020. It's an action adventure story game. This isn't Skyrim where you can start the game, backpack around the map as a traveling gold miner and buy a house in the capital city when you've saved enough.

This has a single storyline. The immortality chip and the cyber ghost of Johnny Silverhand. Your character is a mercenary not whatever you want them to be.

This isn't necessarily bad. CDPR made Witcher with a specific quest line and it turned out pretty well. I have faith that these guys will tell a story that will more than make up for the lack of autonomy.

Actually there isnt level gating areas in CP 2077, there will be prologue you need to finish then all the world will open to you. And i don't understand you what is making Skyrim more RPG than Witcher 3 because honestly i can't see it. Skyrim has also main story line you are following so i don't understand what you are trying to say. Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely RPG, more than CDPR previous games.

PS: From what we know u can also buy houses in Cyberpunk, btw.

Last edited:
Actually there isnt level gating areas in CP 2077, there will be prologue you need to finish then all the world will open to you. And i don't understand you what is making Skyrim more RPG than Witcher 3 because honestly i can't see it. Skyrim has also main story line you are following so i don't understand what you are trying to say. Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely RPG, more than CDPR previous games.

PS: From what we know u can also buy houses in Cyberpunk, btw.

Don't think I'm not a fan of Witcher. I enjoyed Witcher 3 way more than I did Skyrim.
But Skyrim is a real RPG. There is no set storyline. There are several story lines. Thieves, assassins, dragon slayers, vampire hunters, etc. etc. The main story line was ENTIRELY OPTIONAL and you could have an entire game (level your character to the level cap) without every touching the "main" quest.

Witcher 3, had only 1 story line. It was entirely necessary to complete. As does Cyberpunk 2077. We can't enter night city and become a fixer or a corpo. We can't just "role play" as anything we want. Because this isn't an RPG.

It's a story game with RPG elements like character customization.
I'm not game bashing I'm just pointing out, by definition, if we can't choose our storyline or character profession, it's not an RPG. In Cyberpunk 2077 you ALWAYS play as V a mercenary edge runner.

Not a bad thing, I enjoyed the story in Witcher more than Skyrim and I'll enjoy 2077 more than both of them.
But that doesn't change the fact that it's NOT an RPG.

Can I help with the quest-making of this game?

In what fashion or capacity?

If you apply (to the company and respective position, if it is open), why not? In theory? But given that it's 10 months away.... the possibility seems... slim.

Or did you mean in another fashion? I doubt they invite community members to help them with quests. While anyone can post threads with suggestions, I don't think it would be viable for them to start picking out community members to "help with quest-making", it wouldn't be viable beyond a certain point if they have their own team just for that.

Indeed, I've played Warhammer Fantasy RP myself, had an amazing Game Master who wrote our entire campaign, every single NPC, all of it by himself... and if that doesn't sound impressive enough:

This campaign took us FOUR YEARS with meeting at least once a month, if not twice... four years to complete, such an epic journey it was without ever once becoming boring or any less immersive.

Sadly, the logistics of PnP mean that nowadays, with everyone working full time, myself being bedbound almost completely... all of that is pretty much impossible, at least when it comes to involving myself... damn, I miss those days...
I game when I can, but the "Adulting" thing makes it hard.

In what fashion or capacity?

If you apply (to the company and respective position, if it is open), why not? In theory? But given that it's 10 months away.... the possibility seems... slim.

Or did you mean in another fashion? I doubt they invite community members to help them with quests. While anyone can post threads with suggestions, I don't think it would be viable for them to start picking out community members to "help with quest-making", it wouldn't be viable beyond a certain point if they have their own team just for that.
I mean, its a pretty big game. Adding one quest wouldn't hurt anyone. BG&E2 let their community help them and help creating the game by throwing ideas. I know its a slim chance but I wanted to see if a CD Projeck member could answer the question.

I'm not game bashing I'm just pointing out, by definition, if we can't choose our storyline or character profession, it's not an RPG. In Cyberpunk 2077 you ALWAYS play as V a mercenary edge runner.

Actually not the worst part (after all, that's what you do in shadowrun too).
There are other problematics that are worst, such as already defined character ("V wants this", "V doesn't like that", etc...), because it seems like CDprojekt consider that you cannot make an event based story interesting, so instead they do character based story.

Can a dev please comment on possible collectibles? Will there be a Jackie figure down the line? Vinyl Pops etc?

Will you be able to customize your vehicles either by upgrading/changing their parts or just spraying them?
What about apartment customization/ownership? I heard from gamestar.de interview with Kasia Redesiuk that we will only own one apartment and it's not customizable, is it true? If yes, it's a big disappointment on that part.

"The second part are the abilities - using heavy weapons, melee weapons, hacking, etc. Those can be advanced through particular activities, for example the more you shoot, the more skill assigned to that weapon type increases. Street cred is earned through completing missions (the way you complete them is the factor as well) and it gives you access to new missions. But the fame has its cost, so there are situations in which you would rather remain anonymous, but if you have high street cred, the people recognize you. "

So it seems journalists were, as usual, confused about the way perks/skills/etc. work. There are skills in the game, raised by doing various activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the gang comment was interesting does meeting Jackie count seeing the Valentinos in the demo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom