Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a gamesaver right there, glad it got clarified.

Btw, it's awesome that questions and queries get answered everywhere else but here.
(disclaimer: that's intentionally sarcastic comment, no need to feel bad about it)

No no, a few are from here. Yeah. Actually where I started was from here.

I got few questions for you:

1. Can I eat noodles like the bulky fellow in the reveal trailer?
2. Can I take taxi form place A to place B ?
3. Will there be reputation/karma system ?
4. Can we expect some funny easter eggs ?

Thanks,
Have a great day.

I was curious about policing and the level of mischief the player can cause. I personally hate how it's done in GTA, so I'm hoping they have better solutions.

Not a question on the game per se, but I'm curious what made you guys switch to "Immersion/Sim" direction? Witcher III had more of, how to put it, Ubisoft/Rockstar influence. Is this Mike's doing, post Witcher or decision made all the way back in 2013?

Tbh, I was expecting something a lot closer to Watch Dogs.

How detailed are you wanting to go with letting us create V’s backstory in character creation? Will it go as far as CP2020’s Lifepath system?

Will the game fully support 4K resolution on PC?

Will you be able to choose your own Field of View as I can become motion sick from low FOVs?

Nothing about parkour/freerunning?
I've got my fingers crossed for it, on the upside when asked about visible body parts they mention vaulting/sliding which implies a good chunk of that hope is already accounted for:

Q: Can you see your own limbs, etc? Perspective on own body?
June 16/18 Kyle Rowley: "We have it. If you look down you can see your body and legs. We also show it when vaulting, sliding"
(copied from OP)

Ok, I'll dive in.

1. Will there be factions in the game? Is it possible, now or in the future, for player to join other roles/factions, like rockerboys/nomads/etc. Similar to how they work in Gothic, but more narrative driven, not tied to storyline,showcasing what lifestyle/perspective of each role is from inside. Did you consider this as template for role implementation at any point of development?
2. Is cyberware/different gameplay abilities still being implemented? How much can we expect beyond what was shown in E3 closed demo?
3. Is the world "zoned", divided into areas of dfferent degree of difficulty, by main story progression? How will street cred work in preventing player from accessing other areas?
4. ANY information on hacking and non combat skills would be welcome
5. Is E3 demo your End goal for what you want the game in the final state? If so, how do you plan to have that many active npcs on the screen?

Hi. Can we expect High Res Texture Pack (like in Watch Dogs 2) for super powerful PCs or just better verison of texture quality in-game settings?

I'm really worried about quality of textures. We all know about downgrades for stable work on ancient consoles and i don`t want to see past-gen on my SLI 1080.

So this is a questions thread now? Ok, I have some.

1. How do skills and stats work in CP2077? I.e. How does a gun skill affect shooting, how does hacking skill affect hacking, how do stats affect V and his mobility and activities, etc - are there RNG checks for anything (i.e. proper skilltests), or just hard thresholds (skill level 1 + task level 2 = can't pass)?

2. How do smart guns work specifically and how do the characters shooting skills and other possible abilities affect that (if at all)? Are they a crutch to simplify combat, or will they have a more "RPG-like" implementation (i.e. hit chances based on a number of factors like skill, focus, range, visibility...).

3. Empathy and Attractiveness -stats are apparently cut. Is there any sort of mechanics to replace them, are there any other social stats and skills, and if yes, how do they work?

4. What happened to the "tactical mode" that was originally implied? Is there still something going on for it, or is it scrapped? For an RPG, the game - as described now - could really use a bit more of RPG flavor in form of something like that.

5. Is there any possibility to have a gauge in the options to increase stat/skill impact on gameplay (i.e. to have larger initial accuracy/recoil/sway penalty for guns before skill/implant modifiers, bigger initial movement speed penalty before REF/implant modifiers)?

6. If smart guns won't work like this, is there a possibility to have a target lock mechanism that calculates hit chances from character skill (and other situational modifiers), or some other similiar method to make combat feel more like RPG combat for those who are not into or can not play shooter combat?

7. In what ways can random AI pedestrians be interacted with other than possibly killing them or bumping into them?

8. How many dialog options are visible at most at a time, and do stats and skills affect them in any way?

9. How much skill checks can be found in the environment - mundane and more important ones? Or in other words, how much interactivity does the city contain and how much does the character build play into it all?

10. How does character progression work? Level ups - apparently - are in, but is there learn-through-practice systems for skill increments or perk/ability gain on top of that?

11. So Street Cred opens up new stuff around Night City, but do different groups and "factions" count the players reputation towards them based on how the player has treated them and their ideals?

I'll throw in more as they come.

Last edited:
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is a thread about posting questions you'd like to be answered, it's a thread about collecting RED answers from around the forum in one place.

If I am wrong... well, I'd better come up with some questions.

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is a thread about posting questions you'd like to be answered, it's a thread about collecting RED answers from around the forum in one place.

That's what I thought, but with everyone else posting questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom