Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
With every graphics option maxed out, including ray tracing? That's tough to say. Yes, it's 1080p, but RTX features are very performance heavy.

For reference:

I imagine Cyberpunk's implementation of RTX will be much more demanding, although it's obviously quite tough to say for sure.

I know the 2070 Super is better than the 2070, but not by a massive margin. It's mostly a value choice because of pricing.

Not to deter you from getting one -- just saying, even at 1080p, you may have to turn some settings down (not significantly).

Yeah, but as imitenotbecrazy said, games like Exodus had less time to implement the technology. Battlefield V also released a patch later down the line, improving Ray Tracing performance and reducing FPS loss significantly. Perhaps CDPR will be able to implement the technology better as they have more time on their hands.

Do you have a date for us to prepair for pre order purchases of the boxed "Collectors Edition" of Cyberpunk 2077 in stores?

Do you have a date for us to prepair for pre order purchases of the boxed "Collectors Edition" of Cyberpunk 2077 in stores?
Can't you do that already? In stores that will sell them physically (so no Gamestop), you should just be able to go in and ask to pre-order.

No Gamestop ever, but I was just curious cause I prefer Bestbuy to buy all my collectable game box's physically I got a digital copy so this is just my treat.
Post automatically merged:

As of now though it says no copy's are available and its like 250 bucks there

No Gamestop ever, but I was just curious cause I prefer Bestbuy to buy all my collectable game box's physically I got a digital copy so this is just my treat.

As of now though it says no copy's are available and its like 250 bucks there
Yeah. The Collector's Editions are all sold out at this point. You can usually sign up to be notified if someone else cancels their pre-order (which then lets you know if its back in stock), but that's about it.

You can try going into a store in person to see if they will let you pre-order still -- in-store pre-orders probably aren't all sold out yet.

Just to be clear, by the way, ALL CEs are physical. There is no "digital" CE. You can pre-order them online, but then they just ship the physical thing to you.

And yeah, it's $250. Pretty outrageous price for what you get compared to The Witcher 3's CE, but oh well. CDPR knows best, I guess? :ohstopit:

With every graphics option maxed out, including ray tracing? That's tough to say. Yes, it's 1080p, but RTX features are very performance heavy.

For reference:

I imagine Cyberpunk's implementation of RTX will be much more demanding, although it's obviously quite tough to say for sure.

I know the 2070 Super is better than the 2070, but not by a massive margin. It's mostly a value choice because of pricing.

Not to deter you from getting one -- just saying, even at 1080p, you may have to turn some settings down (not significantly).

These benchmarks are old, from couple of weeks after game was released most probably. Now the performance is different. I get 70+ fps with 2070 on Ultra details with Ultra RTX, without DLSS in 1080p. That's the problem with these benchmarks now, you can't use them. They are outdated and game and optimization got updated.

And I honestly don't think that Cyberpunk's implementation of RTX will be more demanding than Global Illumination of Metro Exodus, but who knows. I think they are using it for Ambient Occlusion? not sure, and some other things which we haven't seen yet through Ray Tracing. But I think Global Illumination would probably be the most demanding if we are not counting fully traced Quake 2.

Will we also be able to costomize our graphics settings like we can in the witcher 3 or other games?

Will different lifepaths affect which starting clothing or armor you get, like corpo backstory you have a old heavy suit of armor form your days of working...or going street kid and starting with baggy or gang clothing it would be kinda cool because it gives more incentive to explore each backstory and see how it affects V's life :) just curious

Will different lifepaths affect which starting clothing or armor you get, like corpo backstory you have a old heavy suit of armor form your days of working...or going street kid and starting with baggy or gang clothing it would be kinda cool because it gives more incentive to explore each backstory and see how it affects V's life :) just curious

I currently assume this is the case, as different "starting clothes" also put more weight to the individual background choices opposed to being able to pick them and seeing all those differences throughout the game, but starting with the same set of clothing no matter what. In other simpler words, having different (starting) looks or clothes based on your background would lend more weight to them.

Time will tell.

I also heard that there will no longer be a restocking of Collectors Edition CP2077 in the us. Is that true?

Lots of people are answering questions, what do you mean?
I think he means devs (or rather people from CDPR in general) answering the questions, but of course the purpose of this thread was to create a compilation of all the answers to various questions provided by devs, not to serve as an active Q&A section with developers (which many people asking questions here don't really understand).

I would like to know if one of the mini-games will be the table game wich the game is based upon... maybe give it a little back story either, making who didn't knew cyberpunk before get a glimpse of the background story of cyberpunk :)

with so many people asking for multiplayer. I will be disapointing if players don't get multiplayer.. ok that you have an enormous variety of choices and the game will be played on an on again everytime we finish it just to see alternative scenes. ( I speak for myself and I hope I don't get the same scene with two different choices, with the exception of something that happens wich makes us progress in the game wich in that case there's no other option(would like to read thoughts about this))but after that being all sorted out singleplayer gets to be another continuous loop wich will be almost the same thing....

Last edited:
I would like to know if one of the mini-games will be the table game wich the game is based upon... maybe give it a little back story either, making who didn't knew cyberpunk before get a glimpse of the background story of cyberpunk :)

with so many people asking for multiplayer. I will be disapointing if players don't get multiplayer.. ok that you have an enormous variety of choices and the game will be played on an on again everytime we finish it just to see alternative scenes. ( I speak for myself and I hope I don't get the same scene with two different choices, with the exception of something that happens wich makes us progress in the game wich in that case there's no other option(would like to read thoughts about this))but after that being all sorted out singleplayer gets to be another continuous loop wich will be almost the same thing....

Well, they did already say there is no card games in CP2077, so I'm not sure what we might be looking at for something like that. Maybe holograms? Dunno, we'll see.

As far as multiplayer, I wouldn't say "so many people asking for multiplayer". This seems like a very small minority. I have my hesitations with multiplayer in this. Another "we'll see" kind of thing. There's no guarantee multiplayer is happening or what it would even look like

There's no guarantee multiplayer is happening or what it would even look like

They will have multiplayer, not at launch but probably soon after, CDPR even enter a partnership with Digital Scapes company that do just multiplayer stuff.

And for multiplayer mods probably Battle Royal maybe Deathmach.

is Cyberpunk 2077 going to have a custom music radio channel, similiar to how the gta series has one on pc? it's such an awesome feature and probably not that hard to implement. i'm sure all the radio stations in the game are going to be great but also being able to make your own playlist with songs that play on the radio would make a lot of people happy i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom