Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I logged here exclusively to express my _great disappointment_ at the decision to ditch 3rd person cut-scenes at the cost of fpp. To me it has exactly the opposite as the claimed "immersion effect". It ruins the immersion/love for my character heavily. I never thought I'd say that in association with CDPR, but now I actually regret I pre-ordered and on Gog to give them full price. :-/ I believe this is just a (convenient excuse) to spare a lot of work for proper scene animations = rushed out product. :(

If you can reconsider this decision (can be an option even) I strongly recommend you to do so, or you will alienate a lot of story-rpg fans of yours. :(

Last edited:
Will we be able to pilot/use ACPA's?
Will we be able to equip combat armors or only jackets will be available?
Will the equipped weapons be visible on our V?
Will we be able to romance Meredith?

I logged here exclusively to express my _great disappointment_ at the decision to ditch 3rd person cut-scenes at the cost of fpp. To me it has exactly the opposite as the claimed "immersion effect". It ruins the immersion/love for my character heavily. I never thought I'd say that in association with CDPR, but now I actually regret I pre-ordered and on Gog to give them full price. :-/ I believe this is just a (convenient excuse) to spare a lot of work for proper scene animations = rushed out product. :(

If you can reconsider this decision (can be an option even) I strongly recommend you to do so, or you will alienate a lot of story-rpg fans of yours. :(
They've been hearing the complaint since the 2018 E3, it won't happen. At least, it won't happen at launch. Who knows what happens after launch but it surely won't happen at launch unless they've just been keeping it a secret. Way too late to try and throw third person at the game now

Optimally, there shouldn’t be any cutscenes except for very specific moments in the story, and more specifically, ones that don’t portray the player character,or any specific character for that matter.

I don't want to potentially spark another camera view discussion but my personal view is that at least some overblow this, regardless of their preference.

Why do I think this? I just started playing the Outer Worlds from Obsidian.

Same as CP77: first person view, no third person view cutscenes or dialogues. You primarily see your char in menus or an idle cam going around it if you don't do anything for a minute or two.

While it might be nice to have third person views in addition (the more the merrier) it is not distracting from gameplay and the story or humor. Personally, I'd almost call it a non-issue and I know what my char is wearing. Better yet, there, so far NPCs often comment on what you wear if it's exotic, like running into the first town with either marauder armor or your cryo pod attire ("Aren't the tubes annoying and getting in the way?").

With that said I rest my case and believe come release and first gameplay, that many will reconsider and discover it's not as bad as they might think right now.

(Medical issues aside)

Hello everyone, my first post here.

I'd like to ask developers some technical question that recently become important. We know that OLED televisions are more popular these days. Unfortunately image retention / burn in problem still hasn't been totally eliminated. Please take this into consideration and give us the option to change the color intensity of the HUD. On OLED tvs red subpixel is the most prone to degradation so having bright red and yellow colors of static image for hundreds of hours of gameplay is just asking for trouble. Greetings :)

A few posts deleted. Personal arguments do not belong in public threads, and this isn't even a thread for debates in the first place.

Remember -- we are discussing our opinions of the game, its mechanics, etc.

We are not discussing our opinions of other people's opinions. Keep the discussion on the topic.

And this thread is for discussing, sometimes asking, Devs about a specific answer to a specific question. It is not here to rehash old fights under that guise.

Which skills are checked in dialogues? Engineering, Hacking and Athletics (a kind of persuasion) are seen in the demo. And nerve too?
Screenshot_2019-11-14-12-50-22-1.png

Will there be multi language support on PS4 platform, like including Chinese voice and subtitle in US version? I mean the disk version not digital.

recently i was thinking about how the whole romance system will work in cp2077 when the player's character may now technically be a girl (woman genitalia) and look and sound like a guy or vice versa.
in the cp2077's romance system every character has sexual preferences, so what will decide if a character will assume that the player character is a guy or a girl and eventually be attracted to them basing on it?
i'm asking about how the mechanics works, like: will each of the player's character creation choices have certain amounts of some "masculine/feminine points" which will place the player character on "masculine/feminine meter" that will now decide how attractive player character is for certain sexual preference? or like in Saints Row 2 where player is using a slider to make the character more masculine or feminine?
now what if during the romance's bed part when they take off their clothes, character will find out that the player character's sex is different from what they originally thought and now it's opposite to their sexual preference?

would you be able to describe how such things will be handled in cp2077's romance system?

Last edited:
Will there be multi language support on PS4 platform, like including Chinese voice and subtitle in US version? I mean the disk version not digital.

Maybe.

Marcin told us before about would-be localized languages of Cyberpunk 2077:
18languages2077.jpg
...but in terms of which region have what languages is not certain yet.

We can expect multi language support on CS as well as TW3 (*here for details), but as of now we should wait for the official statement from REDs in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom