Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second: even if cyber eyes are mandatory, why subdermal grip need to be mandatory ???

The weapon grip maybe not, but I think the wrist jack that you use to direct connect into certain things might be mandatory for some storytelling scenes.

Third: why even force player to have cyber eyes ???neck chip sloot is need for story and jack in your hand is need for network ok fine and good, but any other cyberware should be up to player.

I believe that idea was that the games User Interface would be created straight into your cyber eyes. Also I think you must have them in order to see Johnny Silverhand (who is fully virtual)

Yeah, jack for network, i said that is ok to and neck chip slot, other then that rest need to be up to player.
Or not? In the 2077 future, there may be a low percentage of meat Popsicles with no implants and this simply isn't a game about them or staring them. Using tools, interfaces and weapons to ensure you're a better merc requires certain things. To be similarly assertive about a world I didn't create, there were full natural mercs. They weren't as good, and are now dead.

Or not? In the 2077 future, there may be a low percentage of meat Popsicles with no implants and this simply isn't a game about them or staring them. Using tools, interfaces and weapons to ensure you're a better merc requires certain things. To be similarly assertive about a world I didn't create, there were full natural mercs. They weren't as good, and are now dead.

Minus not every mercs works the same way, and non augmented peoples can be the better at some things, like social interactions.

I was hoping for an answer to "how does character visual customization work or how is the player meant to interact with it or what purpose it serves in the game?"

Last edited:
I was hoping for an answer to "how does character visual customization work or how is the player meant to interact with it or what purpose it serves in the game?"
There's a character creator that has been extensively discussed by media and its only purpose is to chose your character's gender which unlocks different romance options. And for the flavour, of course.

Too much Cyberware and you go crazy, cyberpunk theme is also about humanity and what separate you from the machine, when you can upgrade so much at what point you stop to be human and turn in to cold machine, also not all going to upgrade them self with cyberware and you still will find many with minimum cyberware or none.

Plus mecr with no cyberware arms for example still can use different tactic and approche, he will use different weapons, armor, skills and gadgets.

Question:
Are any costumes and clothing options origin-specific? (I hope not).

I am inclined toward street kid origin, but I like the Nomad grungy aesthetic.

Question:
Are any costumes and clothing options origin-specific? (I hope not).

I am inclined toward street kid origin, but I like the Nomad grungy aesthetic.
I don't think so, devs said, that even if you choose one path, you can always play toward different one

Has it been officially confirmed that there will be a body shape option (Like fat, muscular, skinny) in the character creation?
I really really hope so! Even though I wont see my character much, it helps to immerse myself knowing that my V is exactly
like I enviosioned her... :)

Last edited:
Has it been officially confirmed that there will be a body shape option (Like fat, muscular, skinny) in the character creation?
I really really hope so! Even though I wont see my character much, it helps to immerse myself knowing that my V is exactly
like I enviosioned her... :)
I think there is a choice between muscular and skinny body type.

So, still no PC hardware specs huh? I see that they even removed that part from the main page. They have spent so much time making sure that everyone that has a console is pacified that it will work for whatever hardware their console has but a little over 3 MONTHS until it's latest release date and they still refuse to publish the PC specs? You've said the game is complete (still being polished) then why the stubborn refusal to publish the specs or at the very least say why you won't publish them? You've had no problem answering the console players questions, why the cold shoulder to the PC players?

So, still no PC hardware specs huh? I see that they even removed that part from the main page. They have spent so much time making sure that everyone that has a console is pacified that it will work for whatever hardware their console has but a little over 3 MONTHS until it's latest release date and they still refuse to publish the PC specs? You've said the game is complete (still being polished) then why the stubborn refusal to publish the specs or at the very least say why you won't publish them? You've had no problem answering the console players questions, why the cold shoulder to the PC players?
Because they don't know yet. Another thing, console players have no idea how the game runs on their machines and won't know it until release. THAT is scary.

Anything interesting around the main menu screen (like Detroit Become Human's Android 'Chloe', unlocking extra content to view there after gameplay, customisation of the menu look and feel options, etc)? Or just a regular menu). Very cosmetic, I know, but it's the little details in life that count ... ;)

Hello everyone, my first post here.

I'd like to ask developers some technical question that recently become important. We know that OLED televisions are more popular these days. Unfortunately image retention / burn in problem still hasn't been totally eliminated. Please take this into consideration and give us the option to change the color intensity of the HUD. On OLED tvs red subpixel is the most prone to degradation so having bright red and yellow colors of static image for hundreds of hours of gameplay is just asking for trouble. Greetings :)

As an OLEd TV owner, I hope the HUD offers in game options to either hide the HUD, change the color, or offer transparency choices in the options.

Because they don't know yet. Another thing, console players have no idea how the game runs on their machines and won't know it until release. THAT is scary.

How can a company that has literally invested YEARS into making this game have no idea what PC hardware is needed when the game is finished (their words) 3 months away from release? Didn't they have a single person beta test on a PC in all that time? As to your other point, yes they DO know how it will run on the various consoles because a PS4 is a PS4 is a PS4 and an XBOX1 is an XBOX1 is an XBOX1. There may be a slight generational difference but they can and most likely did test those too. Being this close to putting a game on the shelves and "they don't know yet" is absurd.

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason for the removal of the TBD on the main page and the complete lack of acknowledging the PC info is because it's only going to be released on consoles initially and the PC version will be released at a later date and CDPR doesn't want to say so because of the backlash. If I'm wrong about this then by all means CDPR step in and correct me. Without actual info peoples imaginations go where they will.

How can a company that has literally invested YEARS into making this game have no idea what PC hardware is needed when the game is finished (their words) 3 months away from release? Didn't they have a single person beta test on a PC in all that time? As to your other point, yes they DO know how it will run on the various consoles because a PS4 is a PS4 is a PS4 and an XBOX1 is an XBOX1 is an XBOX1. There may be a slight generational difference but they can and most likely did test those too. Being this close to putting a game on the shelves and "they don't know yet" is absurd.

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason for the removal of the TBD on the main page and the complete lack of acknowledging the PC info is because it's only going to be released on consoles initially and the PC version will be released at a later date and CDPR doesn't want to say so because of the backlash. If I'm wrong about this then by all means CDPR step in and correct me. Without actual info peoples imaginations go where they will.

The game isn`t going to be released on all platforms but PC . If there is an other delay it will be on all platforms , so if you are worried be worried about an other delay for everyone .

How can a company that has literally invested YEARS into making this game have no idea what PC hardware is needed when the game is finished (their words) 3 months away from release?
Because they are still optimizing as they said.

I'm beginning to wonder if the reason for the removal of the TBD on the main page and the complete lack of acknowledging the PC info is because it's only going to be released on consoles initially and the PC version will be released at a later date and CDPR doesn't want to say so because of the backlash. If I'm wrong about this then by all means CDPR step in and correct me.
So far they've shown only the uber mega ultra PC version (2080ti and shit), while console versions are a mystery. I think this is the answer you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom