Developer Patch Overview 7.2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

ya1

Forum regular
Ok, so tomorrow NG players will wake up and....nothing has changed.

NG is the most nerfed faction if you don't include Ethereal and removal of MO archetypes. Really weird after how meta looked this month. NG was being dropped in pro left and right.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Play mode selection no longer resetting to Classic will be nice. And the Pro regulations bug will be gone, also nice.

Those new leader abilities sound like a great reason to not switch mine. The NR Shield one in particular sounds strong, like they said it is.
Imprisonment is just a double D-shackles, but with all the other Locks that NG has I'd imagine it can really wreak havoc especially on engine decks.
Vincent nerf is fair and justified. He now needs to kill a 7 or stronger to be numerically worth his Provisions, but that isn't hard to do at all. And the -1 Provision is great, especially since evolving cards got a +1.
Impera Brigade can't be used an as opening, thinning play anymore, but Soldiers are so numerous that it doesn't really matter.
New Tactical Decision sounds pretty interesting -- and lives up to its name at least on paper. Morvran has cool voicelines, too, assuming they've not been changed and I don't see why they would have. :D

I don't like playing against Harmony, but reverting the nerf was justified and fair. Will be even more sure to run Yrden in non-Devotion decks...

I was a big fan of NG Locks, a long time ago. They would destroy NR 100% of the times.
Then double play leaders came and became popular like Pincer Maneuver, and also Double Waters of Brokilon and suddenly locks werent so good, because you could only lock once per turn while opponent was putting multiple engines on board, which would snowball out of control.
Now without these things, i predict locks will become popular once again (personally, i never stopped using them, even in other factions like NR and ST)

It is a 9 point finsher, which can trigger all thrive units, even with just one copy of Larvae and one Bruxa you get a 12 point leader and with very thrive focused deck you can get a very explosive leader.
Just imagine Ozzrel (with Yghern) + Force of Nature as a finisher on an established thrive board.

- That is if your oponent leaves any of em alive or active till the end.
Thrive units are already the main target of MO enemies and even boosting them doesn't fix this issue since you lose value if you do.
Using that leader ability will betray your plan to the enemy right from the start (in case you build a full on thrive deck).

Works with dominance as well

- You tell me what's better, having a unit boosted on demand from 5 to 13 in one turn (old force) or having a plain 9 force token which will take in most cases a turn to consume (if you can consume it at all) and get dominance...nah this is a nerf in my eyes a real bad one for the sake of theme, meh...

- The old ability guaranteed you "domination" in most cases...
...now you get just a 9p unit (not even a premium one since it's a bloody token) and if it all goes according to plan a ton of thrive points but everyone should know by now that the best case scenario is not guaranteed.
Real bad imo.

It's unplayable 100%. Every new Ethereal is now joustable. And it needs a click so it does not affect their reach after pass. So even if it somehow survives it just got much worse for the bleed.

All the Ethereal whining is because that card brought MO to high tiers. Now it's gone. Whole bunch of decks are gone. Ethereal is gone, Kiki is gone, double Auberon is gone, Keltulis is gone. None of them were op. MO got one archetype reinforced (meagerly imo) while losing a bunch of other archetypes, whole branches of play styles.

You sir... you're so right that it
hurts..! :sad:
Rip poor Keltulis, rip Kiki Queen.
But do not fear..!!!!
We got the new force now for thrives...LOL ...meh...
:disapprove:

You take away force witch was great for Domination replace it with "meh thrive force"...

- You take away Death Shadow and bring in "White Frost"... we already got 2 cards for frost and one of them is arguably the worst echo card of them all.
As If all that wasn't enough already you castracise King Auberon with -1 power and +1prov, you couldn't go just for +1prov, you wanted to clean shave him aswell uh...?
meh...

- Lastly, Caranthir, the excuse was that "we will bring more cards to the game and Caranthir's ability is a bit problematic", why don't you remove his ability aswell..?
I mean you already got rid of Death Shadow and gave us "Yellow Snow" in it's place...what's holding you back..?

- If I wanted to role play I'd play some other game, not gwent, it's good to see the devs supporting archetype oriented decks again especially the WH which imo is really cool but hell... do us a favor, don't just gutt the whole faction while you do so.

Meh...just so meh...:facepalm:

Last edited:
Pretty much any deck without control is screwed. White frost doesn't do jack against NR now, whatever damage you do they'll recover in a turn, assuming you can do any damage now. The other MO archetypes were gutted so I just don't understand what the plan was, force players to play Frost? It's more likely players will just move to another faction

Thrive units are already the main target of MO enemies and even boosting them doesn't fix this issue since you lose value if you do.
Using that leader ability will betray your plan to the enemy right from the start (in case you build a full on thrive deck).

- You tell me what's better, having a unit boosted on demand from 5 to 13 in one turn (old force) or having a plain 9 force token which will take in most cases a turn to consume (if you can consume it at all) and get dominance...nah this is a nerf in my eyes a real bad one for the sake of theme, meh...

...now you get just a 9p unit (not even a premium one since it's a bloody token) and if it all goes according to plan a ton of thrive points but everyone should know by now that the best case scenario is not guaranteed.
Real bad imo.

But do not fear..!!!!

You take away force witch was great for Domination replace it with "meh thrive force"...

- You take away Death Shadow and bring in "White Frost"... we already got 2 cards for frost and one of them is arguably the worst echo card of them all.
As If all that wasn't enough already you castracise King Auberon with -1 power and +1prov, you couldn't go just for +1prov, you wanted to clean shave him aswell uh...?
meh...

- Lastly, Caranthir, the excuse was that "we will bring more cards to the game and Caranthir's ability is a bit problematic", why don't you remove his ability aswell..?
I mean you already got rid of Death Shadow and gave us "Yellow Snow" in it's place...what's holding you back..?

- If I wanted to role play I'd play some other game, not gwent, it's good to see the devs supporting archetype oriented decks again especially the WH which imo is really cool but hell... do us a favor, don't just gut the whole faction while you do so.

Meh...just so meh...:facepalm:
Yeah mate. fwwl you there, bottom line is you never be heard of , NG crawlers are everywhere. they will downvote you but can't give you the logical reason.

To be honest I can shamely say etheral was just the only competetive thing for monsters, and if you read the meta report it was still tier 2. CDRP made sure to RIP it apart.

REDDIT is CRAWLED BY NG AND THAT"S THE MAIN REASON. ANYTYPE OF SWARN DECK WHERE THEY FAIL THEY CRY OUT.

GOOD LUCK i am out from this game, because of it's unbalanced stupidity.

You're ignoring the fact that this plays an entirely new unit so you'll get double thrive procs instead of just one. I still consider this a better ability. A thrive deck should have no issue getting dominance to begin with.

[...]
If that happens you propably lose anyways and I never played a game the entire last month in which I did not keep at the very least 1-2 thrive units on the board (unless I did open with 0 or just 1 Bruxa).

[...]

Real bad imo.
[...]
I guess it would be to not give the opponent an overglorified tall punish target with horrendous value of straight up 8 points in the worst possible way.
The token should be premium as all tokens with artwork from previous leaders/non-tokens should have premiums (like ekimmara).
Having dominance is honestly a non-issue in most non-moster matchups anyways and in the ones you do not this won't make a difference either.

[...]
But do not fear..!!!!

[...]
Honestly I am unsure if you are trolling, because there is no way you could be serious.
We are talking about a supportive mechanic MO has loved to have since the start of homecoming.
Gascon Iron Flacon was sometimes unironically been played, as it, like Auberon, can trigger all thrives twice in one turn.
And last but not least we are talking about a change for a leader ability that was one of the least viable ideas for a leader ability since the start of homecoming (outside of no-unit decks).

[...]
[...]
The Caranthir nerf was completely unnecessary and ludicrous, if they hate that ability that much they should just remove (reworking Caranthir) as hitting that card without even the remotest valid reason is just silly.

i dont undestand why they killed MO.

I do agree with thee Etherial nerfed, but they have to kill all the entire faction?

Deaths shadow was the best habilitty in the faction, has great sinergy with caranhir (and all his possibilities), ruehin, detlhaff etc and etc.

And , neverthelass that, its still was a shit leader in compare with the other factions. So they killed the best leader (what was a shit, anyway) and killed MO faction.

Yeah mate. fwwl you there, bottom line is you never be heard of , NG crawlers are everywhere. they will downvote you but can't give you the logical reason.

To be honest I can shamely say etheral was just the only competetive thing for monsters, and if you read the meta report it was still tier 2. CDRP made sure to RIP it apart.

REDDIT is CRAWLED BY NG AND THAT"S THE MAIN REASON. ANYTYPE OF SWARN DECK WHERE THEY FAIL THEY CRY OUT.

GOOD LUCK i am out from this game, because of it's unbalanced stupidity.
Then explain why was Vincent nerfed, given that it was a Reddit nerf

If that happens you propably lose anyways and I never played a game the entire last month in which I did not keep at the very least 1-2 thrive units on the board (unless I did open with 0 or just 1 Bruxa).

Honestly I am unsure if you are trolling, because there is no way you could be serious.
We are talking about a supportive mechanic MO has loved to have since the start of homecoming.
Gascon Iron Flacon was sometimes unironically been played, as it, like Auberon, can trigger all thrives twice in one turn.
MO players don't "love" thrive, it's used because that's all there is. Also we already have Fruits for thrive, there's no need for two leaders for the same thing.

Are you suggesting 1-2 thrive units will win you a match against NG or NR or SK? I doubt very much you are a MO main if you're making that claim, thrive has been weakened significantly since this expansion...mage infiltrator makes endrega a non issue and NG can spawn it at will and with locks making a come back an 8pt tall unit for a leader is straight up garbage. What's more if we're comparing thrive with NR engines that's a bad joke and let's not mention SK. There were no changes here that remotely helps MO.
Dominance is an underwhelming mechanic, if your opponent opens with a tall unit you're at a huge disadvantage, NR can do that in their sleep thanks to AA and even NG can with Braathens. What's more the only WH card that benefit from dominance never last a single turn.

Last edited:
I also like to let you know my disappointment.They practically destroyed 3 decks from Monsters,made NR untouchable,added even more annoyance to NG,propably destroyed SK decks too with GS change and 2nd wind removal.
I mean who the would even consider attacking a greatsword if they heal back but cap at 10 pts?The removing of second wind was unnecesary,with the provision cap it wasn't busted at all.Battle Trance is useless bc alchemy cards and druids tend to boost other units most of the time,so the passive heal will be lost.Let's not talk about Rage of the sea,it's total garbage.At least they could've removed the row lock from Dagur or some small buff bc greatswords are def. dead IMO.Oh well,it's gonna be "fun" playing against NR and NG all month long...

edit: foglet is now an 8 for 4 with thinning on deathwish, how is that not auto include? xD

Except it's not 8 for 4. It's 8 for 8. You still have to spend 8 provisions to put two copies in the deck. I doubt it'll see any increased play whatsoever.

You're ignoring the fact that this plays an entirely new unit so you'll get double thrive procs instead of just one. I still consider this a better ability. A thrive deck should have no issue getting dominance to begin with.

- So if i had three thrive units 8-8-8 they would boost to 10-10-10 after the Leshen is deployed..? :think:

And last but not least we are talking about a change for a leader ability that was one of the least viable ideas for a leader ability since the start of homecoming (outside of no-unit decks).

The Caranthir nerf was completely unnecessary and ludicrous, if they hate that ability that much they should just remove (reworking Caranthir) as hitting that card without even the remotest valid reason is just silly.

- I usually try to have 3 thrive engines on R1 and on R3 (MO-WH devo) and end up with one or max 2 of em, tbh i'm not sure how it will work cause i just read that the new ability will trigger them twice so that changes things by quite a bit, still... NO dominance on demand and the WH needs that. Ofc i could play tall units to get but most of the times you'd want to boost a veiled unit, regular units or thrive units just get picked up and murdered especially against certain factions that i will not name atm.

- I'm terribly sorry but i can't say anything bout the beta phase of the game, i've been playing on Android since it's release, been waiting long time for that and the steam release (which doesn't work for me, won't connect to the servers) . Force worked great for me in ranked with Wild Hunt decks, it could easily get me a win if i was able to bleed my opponent effectively on round 2.

Yes i am not trolling, @ya1 is a great NG supporter and we rarely agree on things but i fully agree with what he said.
Kikimore Deck got QQed, Kelly got QQed, Ethereal got QQed, Caranthir was Nerfed, Auberon was castricised, need i say more ?
And for what, the promise of new cards in the future..?
Ethereal was new, look at it now.... a glorified overpriced kikimore.

MO players don't "love" thrive, it's used because that's all there is. Also we already have Fruits for thrive, there's no need for two leaders for the same thing.

Are you suggesting 1-2 thrive units will win you a match against NG or NR or SK? I doubt very much you are a MO main if you're making that claim, thrive has been weakened significantly since this expansion...mage infiltrator makes endrega a non issue and NG can spawn it at will and with locks making a come back an 8pt tall unit for a leader is straight up garbage. What's more if we're comparing thrive with NR engines that's a bad joke and let's not mention SK. There were no changes here that remotely helps MO.
Dominance is an underwhelming mechanic, if your opponent opens with a tall unit you're at a huge disadvantage, NR can do that in their sleep thanks to AA and even NG can with Braathens. What's more the only WH card that benefit from dominance never last a single turn.

- Exactly that... agreed besides the statement that only one unti benefits from that, there are a ton i play with my WH deck that do benefit greatly.
Thats what i wanted to point out aswell, are we supposed to run a defender just to keep our thrive units unlocked, clear of poison or out of harms way..?
Just how many times do ya think we can play a defender in one game, or do we not have other units that need protecting besides thrive engines ?

Last edited:
[...]
Fruits of Ysgith is garbage outside of the most aggressive list, which want to bleed down to 0 in round 2, with Ethereal now being very inconsistent that is true again.
The issue is that the concept of keeping as much for last as possible is something you just cannot ignore, unless you bleed your opponent's leader, which usually means your situation is even worse than you should be willing to accept.
The new leader ability allows more thrive intense MO lists to not be reliant on bleeding ludicrous amounts every game.

[...]
If you are not playing around Infiltrator it is your own fault you end up without thrive engines, endrega larvae can be separated by a stratagem, Fruits if you play that leader ability and something like a Strigga if you were obligated to remove an engine with that right away.
The entire season I was almost never forced to risk Infiltrator answering my Larvae, the only serious threat to larvae and Nekkers comes from random pings in the case of Nekkers and Glustyworp for Larvae, admittedly I have lost a couple of games to Glustyworp, but I am pretty sure you are not talking about MO being the worst matchup for MO (from the history of the game the worst matchup has always been NR (and with the new ludicrously overpowered Shield leader MO will propably be unable to compete in the upcoming format, until we get emergency nerfs).

Also what do you mean with "a come back an 8pt tall unit for a leader", it is 9 and your leader ability is not meant to make up for terrible plays beforehand.
As for the SK example ... you cannot be serious about this absurd statement, the Greatsword nerf is an incredible blessing for MO, finally the stuppidly greedy GS will not be an auto-win in certain matchups.

Dominance is only good on a couple of cards like Strigga, in other cases it is matchup dependent, however it alwas used to be this way and a large unit on the opponent's side also enable one's own The Beast.

[...]
propably destroyed SK decks too with GS change and 2nd wind removal.
[...]
SK was still Tier 1 and did not even need GS, most lists did not even run it.

- So if i had three thrive units 8-8-8 they would boost to 10-10-10 after the Leshen is deployed..? :think:
[...]
No, however they will be 9-9-9, making Leshen a 12 point play, my statement of making them 10-10-10 applies if you can thrive them anyways.
I stated that you can thrive them an additional time and with another big unit finisher you can thrive twice, rather than just once as your finisher.

[...]
- I usually try to have 3 thrive engines on R1 and on R3 (MO-WH devo) and end up with one or max 2 of em, tbh i'm not sure how it will work cause i just read that the new ability will trigger them twice so that changes things by quite a bit, still... NO dominance on demand and the WH needs that. Ofc i could play tall units to get but most of the times you'd want to boost a veiled unit, regular units or thrive units just get picked up and murdered especially against certain factions that i will not name atm.
[...]
Force of Nature is not intended to be the WH leader ability, if you used it previously that is unfortunate, just how my Blue Stripes deck lost their prefered stratagem, when they decided to turn Ceremonial Dagger into the unusable garbage it currently is, quite honestly it was decent and now is unusable.
It is furthermore unfortunate that the intended WH leader ability appears to be bad.

[...]
Kikimore Deck got QQed, Kelly got QQed, Ethereal got QQed, Caranthir was Nerfed, Auberon was castricised, need i say more ?
And for what, the promise of new cards in the future..?
Ethereal was new, look at in now.... a glorified overpriced kikimore.
[...]
Completely agreed.

[...]
- Exactly that... agreed besides the statement that only one unti benefits from that, there are a ton i play with my WH deck that do benefit greatly.
Thats what i wanted to point out aswell, are we supposed to run a defender just to keep our thrive units unlocked, clear of poison or out of harms way..?
Just how many times do ya think we can play a defender in one game, or do we not have other units that need protecting besides thrive engines ?
Thing is that my point is that MO like uncommital thrive units like endrega larvae and bruxa.
If a larvae gets poisoned you should honestly be very happy, you opponent invested something which could kill any one unveiled unit on your side and they decide to remove only half of your 5p card, which will still play for almost the full value of a 5p card.
Usually I almost facepalm when I see an opponent poison a larvae.
You are not supposed to use a defender for that purpose, just think of them as non-commital engines, which usually play for the expected value for their provision cost, even if they get answered and with people tending to run little wide punish even Nekkers are often usable (and can get mulliganed in certain matchups).

To sum it up and clarify, my point was not that Force of Nature will be a Tier 1 deck (or even necessarily Tier 2 deck), however it is decent on its own and certain thrive units are the only reason MO is not completely collapsing.
The nerfs to MO were ludicrous (especially the double nerf to Auberon and the completely unprovoked Caranthir nerf) and out of the blue for the already worst performing faction.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorry in advance, i didnt read previous posts and might be going over something already said.

I just realized how utterly MO is screwed next month - not only is it losing Ethereal and Kiki Queen and getting a nerfed Auberon, but its also gonna be affected indirectly by the meta:

Most players are already predicting a dominating NR, with an unchanged Uprising and powerful Shield Wall. Another dominating deck is Hidden Cache. Both of these decks are very boost heavy. What's the best card vs boosts? Yrden.
What other faction relies almost exclusively on boosts? Monsters.

If Yrden finds a way into the meta, with players teching it against NR and SY, MO will also be heavily impacted.

I've been thinking it over, and I really think MO needs that Death's Shadow ability. I wonder if CDPR would consider merging it with Overwhelming Hunger? Give the option on first usage to spend all three charges to destroy a card and play a base copy of it or use a single charge to destroy the card for the +2 strength Ekimarra. Make it a choice leader ability similar to how SY tribute cards function.

Fruits of Ysgith is garbage outside of the most aggressive list, which want to bleed down to 0 in round 2, with Ethereal now being very inconsistent that is true again.
The issue is that the concept of keeping as much for last as possible is something you just cannot ignore, unless you bleed your opponent's leader, which usually means your situation is even worse than you should be willing to accept.
The new leader ability allows more thrive intense MO lists to not be reliant on bleeding ludicrous amounts every game.

If you are not playing around Infiltrator it is your own fault you end up without thrive engines, endrega larvae can be separated by a stratagem, Fruits if you play that leader ability and something like a Strigga if you were obligated to remove an engine with that right away.
The entire season I was almost never forced to risk Infiltrator answering my Larvae, the only serious threat to larvae and Nekkers comes from random pings in the case of Nekkers and Glustyworp for Larvae, admittedly I have lost a couple of games to Glustyworp, but I am pretty sure you are not talking about MO being the worst matchup for MO (from the history of the game the worst matchup has always been NR (and with the new ludicrously overpowered Shield leader MO will propably be unable to compete in the upcoming format, until we get emergency nerfs).

Also what do you mean with "a come back an 8pt tall unit for a leader", it is 9 and your leader ability is not meant to make up for terrible plays beforehand.
As for the SK example ... you cannot be serious about this absurd statement, the Greatsword nerf is an incredible blessing for MO, finally the stuppidly greedy GS will not be an auto-win in certain matchups.

Dominance is only good on a couple of cards like Strigga, in other cases it is matchup dependent, however it alwas used to be this way and a large unit on the opponent's side also enable one's own The Beast.

SK was still Tier 1 and did not even need GS, most lists did not even run it.

No, however they will be 9-9-9, making Leshen a 12 point play, my statement of making them 10-10-10 applies if you can thrive them anyways.
I stated that you can thrive them an additional time and with another big unit finisher you can thrive twice, rather than just once as your finisher.

Force of Nature is not intended to be the WH leader ability, if you used it previously that is unfortunate, just how my Blue Stripes deck lost their prefered stratagem, when they decided to turn Ceremonial Dagger into the unusable garbage it currently is, quite honestly it was decent and now is unusable.
It is furthermore unfortunate that the intended WH leader ability appears to be bad.

Completely agreed.

Thing is that my point is that MO like uncommital thrive units like endrega larvae and bruxa.
If a larvae gets poisoned you should honestly be very happy, you opponent invested something which could kill any one unveiled unit on your side and they decide to remove only half of your 5p card, which will still play for almost the full value of a 5p card.
Usually I almost facepalm when I see an opponent poison a larvae.
You are not supposed to use a defender for that purpose, just think of them as non-commital engines, which usually play for the expected value for their provision cost, even if they get answered and with people tending to run little wide punish even Nekkers are often usable (and can get mulliganed in certain matchups).

To sum it up and clarify, my point was not that Force of Nature will be a Tier 1 deck (or even necessarily Tier 2 deck), however it is decent on its own and certain thrive units are the only reason MO is not completely collapsing.
The nerfs to MO were ludicrous (especially the double nerf to Auberon and the completely unprovoked Caranthir nerf) and out of the blue for the already worst performing faction.

- I understand what you're saying bout the thrive units and the Leshen but a 9 power card with no ablities at all is trash for me.

- i'd take the on demand advantage of domination anytime without a moment's thought over a single 9p card (pfff) or the "Yellow Snow" that they try to feed us as "very nice" like they said on the stream, these ablities are "cool" and "flashy" and "on theme" but trashy imo in comparison to what has been lost honestly. :disapprove:
They were talking about cool themes and archetype support and they remove actuall useful and creative abilities to give us a flashy 9p card and a handful of Yellow snowflakes to swallow and be thankful.
I think we all should know by now that we don't eat the damn yellow snow when the WH is around.

- Striga, Protofledger, Barghest, WH purify unit, the WH 3p power boost unit that can be spawned through Auberon, almost every WH untit tbh, the frost cards in tandem with Eredin and some more that don't come to mind benefit from dominance and have saved me in the nick of time too many times than i can count and won me games that i would've lost otherwise, even by a small margin, a win is a win.

- With all due respect my friend "not intended" cannot be used as an argument since it was put in the game for players to find "creative" ways to use it and since i just gave you more than a handful of examples of it's utility.
They could've just added those abilities to the game without removing the old ones, see how the players react, check their stats on how they perform and move on from there.
They said they like to add things and then balance them, removing is not the same as adding, and can you really say that you made something better if you don't have any proof ? (not refering to you ofc)

- With all that said, i like the game and i've bought a TON of things from the shop to support it. boards, trinkets, and the starter packs to jumpstart me when i first got the game.
Now i feel like i've lost time, money and all motivation to even finish the damn journey and i've been grinding my @%# off.

-This feels exactly like how i felt when i was playing LoL, they always bring out new heroes, have em buffed like Arnold Schwarzenegger :mad: for a month's time, get their sales, then nerf em and turn em to Robert Pattinson :smart:, yeal it looks cool and nice to some but they lack a TON in comparisson.

- Just finished a game against NR btw, blue stripes deck, he used Paveta 2 bloody times, 3 rounds of a board full of em.
He used Inspired Zeal so i couldn't react at all, just sit and watch.
That is considered just fine but "Ethereal" and Caranthir is abuse, abuse my $&%.

Last edited:
Except it's not 8 for 4. It's 8 for 8. You still have to spend 8 provisions to put two copies in the deck. I doubt it'll see any increased play whatsoever.
um.... well you have to put 4 provision cards in your deck anyway, so with this card you have one fewer 4p card in your deck and it plays for 8 tempo. foglet already saw some play in hunger lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom