Developer Patch Overview 7.2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
After thinking about it I realized that Morvran can not only improve hand quality and play for 11 points with Affan (which is now the same as Formation), however also triggers Assimilate.
So we get a new (implicit) leader for the keywords Assimilate, Thrive, Harmony and Symbiosis.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Post automatically merged:

Makes me sad that Sacrificial Vanguard got removed, it was one of my favorite Leader Skills but I think the reworked Greatswords are good for the Game.

Thanks for sharing this, and so many more posts and dev tweets you posted previously. Honestly, CDPR should pay you for doing more work than themselves on these forums, divulging essential information shortly after its revealed.

After thinking about it I realized that Morvran can not only improve hand quality and play for 11 points with Affan (which is now the same as Formation), however also triggers Assimilate.
So we get a new (implicit) leader for the keywords Assimilate, Thrive, Harmony and Symbiosis.
Yeah, definitely the way to go for NG. Imprisonment doesn't convince me for now and IF has become pretty bad.

Okay, so the main pros I've seen: Fixed the OPness of Greatswords (still a pretty good card though, just not generating dozens of points directly, you can now use them as punching bags for other SK cards to do their own thing) and fixed the irritating nature of Ethereal so now only on deploy you can transform another card but other transforms all gotta wait 1 turn before being able to do their thing. :)
The main flaw (of the video) was horrible audio quality. x_x
Also some leader abilities are just damn boring, the Power of Nature just plays a Leshen that HAS NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER, damn, might have at least given him the ability to summon two token wolves as backup so it's not just a bland card of 9 power. :] Might have at least given Dana Veil so she's not locked... :[ She is after all a very elusive spirit of nature.

Okay, so the main pros I've seen: Fixed the OPness of Greatswords (still a pretty good card though, just not generating dozens of points directly, you can now use them as punching bags for other SK cards to do their own thing)
[...]
Agreed.

[...] and fixed the irritating nature of Ethereal so now only on deploy you can transform another card but other transforms all gotta wait 1 turn before being able to do their thing. :)
[...]
Yes, it is propably unplayable now.

[...]
Also some leader abilities are just damn boring, the Power of Nature just plays a Leshen that HAS NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER, damn, might have at least given him the ability to summon two token wolves as backup so it's not just a bland card of 9 power. :]
[...]
It is a 9 point finsher, which can trigger all thrive units, even with just one copy of Larvae and one Bruxa you get a 12 point leader and with very thrive focused deck you can get a very explosive leader.
Just imagine Ozzrel (with Yghern) + Force of Nature as a finisher on an established thrive board.

[...]
Might have at least given Dana Veil so she's not locked... :[ She is after all a very elusive spirit of nature.
Dana is just a single harmony tag though ... and her tag is completely unique, so with the announced reversion on the harmony nerf she should be very solid, triggering all harmony an additional time, due to her unique tag, as well as getting another 6 base strength engine on the board.
I think Dana should definitely be strong enough.

It is a 9 point finsher, which can trigger all thrive units, even with just one copy of Larvae and one Bruxa you get a 12 point leader and with very thrive focused deck you can get a very explosive leader.
Just imagine Ozzrel (with Yghern) + Force of Nature as a finisher on an established thrive board.
Yeah but it would fit more for example for it to be a Gargoyle... Those are basically the big monsters without much intellectual capacity, while a Leshen is a far more mystical and versatile creature. :] That's just mu point.

Hardly game changing when you can literally already do this and in a long round, assuming those units haven't been removed or locked they are already outside of a 9 point range and in a short round even less useful. MO needs more utility not point slam, it's not short on finishers but it is lacking control. I'm not saying it's bad but there's nothing "explosive" about this.

Hardly game changing when you can literally already do this and in a long round, assuming those units haven't been removed or locked they are already outside of a 9 point range and in a short round even less useful. MO needs more utility not point slam, it's not short on finishers but it is lacking control. I'm not saying it's bad but there's nothing "explosive" about this.
They are not necessarily out of 9 point range and you cannot do this yet, you cannot trigger 2 high end thrives in the same turn without this (actually the only option was to use death shadow for a questionable play).
The kind of deck this will fit into does definitely make good use of it, also how is there nothing explosive about this when it is a 9point + all thrive triggers, which can easily be 4+, resulting in a 13+ leader ability + whatever you do that turn, like playing an Ozzrel, triggering them all yet again for 15+ points (with Golyat).

Thanks for sharing this, and so many more posts and dev tweets you posted previously. Honestly, CDPR should pay you for doing more work than themselves on these forums, divulging essential information shortly after its revealed.
Thanks, but it's not a big deal when I see something that's interesting or worth talking about I just post it here because not everyone is following their Social Media Channels or Reddit, but I agree that they should start posting important stuff like this Dev Overview in a official thread again.
I think this skill gets a bit underestimated you can also use it for a combo with Imlerith's Wrath or to ensure Dominance with Adda:Strigga or Protofleder.

Dana also looks pretty strong in combination with waters and the removed nerf to harmony she's probably a slightly weaker double Waters.

DRK3

Forum veteran
The change to ethereal doesn't make him unplayable, as he pratically plays for his provisions on deploy, and still has huge point potential... But being so easy to remove, he'll probably only be viable with defender.

HOWEVER... Just because he won't be horrible, i still bet he will be avoided almost completely now. Because after a nerf, players dont judge a card by its state post-nerf, but by how big the nerf was, and Ethereal's nerf is HUGE, going from "carrying an entire faction" into " just acceptable".
---

On the topic of Leshen/Force of Nature, it's definitely an improvement on the ability - it got better (proc thrive twice in a turn, points divided on more bodies so less risk), but it also became more boring, killed the possibility of MO hyperthin reveal meme deck.

Removal of Vicious Slash and Sac Vanguard????

Im fucking pissed. Give me a better explaination then "they had no synergy", because that is obviously bullshit when they created entire archetypes for their factions on their own.
(vicious slash enables control/tempo oriented decks for NR, Sacrificial Vanguard enabled miracle lists that suck ballz but are a blast to play - OR DISCARD if you ever decided to stop ignoring this fun interaction - just rework the pointless dmg ping into something else (like a crow token) and TADAA.. usefull leader!! WOOOOHOOO)

Absolutly braindead, I'm sorry to say. Kills this update for me when you actually did a great job with most of the stuff (I ignore the doubleball coinflip abuse, because its promised to be patched in the next update).

Also Stockpile will always stay garbage unless you add broken charge engines back to the game. And we had that and killed that already, so i think that will not be your plan for the future.. riiiight??

HOWEVER... Just because he won't be horrible, i still bet he will be avoided almost completely now. Because after a nerf, players dont judge a card by its state post-nerf, but by how big the nerf was, and Ethereal's nerf is HUGE, going from "carrying an entire faction" into " just acceptable".
---
That's the problem, it's that he was carrying the faction so of course ppl won't be excited because that leaves the faction with only frost which the devs are still figuring out. Organic got nerfed, Blood scent is no longer viable, deathwish is now weaker and they nerfed kikimore queen and ethereal. I'm a MO main and I've never liked ethereal so I'm happy about the nerf, that said I'm also wondering why they keep butchering everything else and pushing us into frost which is still isn't very consistent.

Last edited:
The change to ethereal doesn't make him unplayable, as he pratically plays for his provisions on deploy
[...]
At best it play as a 7 for 8 on deploy, which is admittedly not very commital.

[...]
But being so easy to remove, he'll probably only be viable with defender.
[...]
In that case one could just use Kikimore Warrior instead though and get something very similar. with more flexibility

[...]
and Ethereal's nerf is HUGE, going from "carrying an entire faction" into " just acceptable".
[...]
It was one of the few reasons why MO was able to somewhat compete.

Amazing, love the Guerilla Tactics with DB Sentry armour buff and Vrihedd Brigade buff.

Love the Nature's Gift for symbiosis - instant vitality on hamadryad among other things.

Love the new Dana and harmony revert - which should be kept in check hopefully and also poison harmony cards having less impact due to introduction of Veil.

Looks like a lot of fun variety to play with!

Mostly care about ST, and like a lot of the ST changes. Not sorry to see MEcho go. Really happy about harmony resurrection. Guerilla is getting a little love, even though Brigade shoulda stayed random and gone to 4p, and there's still no high-end gold support. Much needed sentinel buff. Skirm buff. Don't count volunteers because all of the thinning pairs got a point buff. Looking forward to trying the new abilities. Symbiosis on the leader is exciting. ST version of the organic arachas :D

Greatswords nerf beastly. Almost feels too harsh, honestly, for 6P. 10 point ceiling. Compare it to the Frigate... Idk, I guess we'll see how that plays out.

Vince half a point nerf... lukewarm, but OK. "We got so many NG changes!!" Eh, not really.

Oneiro nerf is probably bigger than it seems. Interesting to see how it's going to fit in decks.

I am happy with the removal of tutor leaders , but still think they need to work of nerfing deck consistency by nerfing the other " play a card....." type cards. I would also like to see a min deck size increase to at least 40 ( mtg limited size) or at least double the amount of cards normally used in a game . which I think would help to make the came more interesting and less consistent

( consistency is like chess = boring)

Last edited:
I see the double nerfed Auberon.

That card gave me lots of fun and made me wonder if replacing leaders for evolving cards would foster more variety and archetypes.

While I will still use it because of its amazing art, could anyone give some insight?

I don't get the nerf. XD
Post automatically merged:

I am happy with the removal of tutor leaders , but still think they need to work of nerfing deck consistency by nerfing the other " play a card....." type cards. I would also like to see a min deck size increase to at least 40 ( mtg limited size) or at least double the amount of cards normally used in a game . which I think would help to make the came more interesting and less consistent

( consistency is like chess = boring)

Yeah.

While they're at it, might as well add a mana curve feature to the gameplay. :smart:

I see the double nerfed Auberon.

That card gave me lots of fun and made me wonder if replacing leaders for evolving cards would foster more variety and archetypes.

While I will still use it because of its amazing art, could anyone give some insight?

I don't get the nerf. XD
Their justification made no sense. You can't nerf the evolving cards on the same basis because they don't offer the same value. You'd think they know this since they nerfed Harald prior to this because he was overturned. MO and ST arguably had the worst evolving cards and should have been assessed based on how they're played.

They were right in that Auberon was only included in most decks for points, but that's because the RNG sucks. Make him more interesting if you want that to change. He's becoming close to unplayable for me now with this patch, if I had other options I probably wouldn't play him.

Shield wall is insane. Devs just gave a giant middle finger to anyone seeking balance. NG locks are the only solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom