Developer Spotlight #2 - Damien Monnier

+
Thanks a lot for these awesome interviews!

Don't know if we're going to do more of these in the future, seeing how close the release of the game is. But I'll let you know if we do.
I hope so! I would love to read more of these even after release, since we would be able to get a idea how the devs are doing after release. And it's very interesting to see what people at CD Projekt Red are doing and how they work. :)

I hope so! I would love to read more of these even after release, since we would be able to get a idea how the devs are doing after release. And it's very interesting to see what people at CD Projekt Red are doing and how they work.

I was thinking of doing some post-release stuff. But it all depends on you guys. So let me hijack this thread for a bit then.

Would you guys be interested in post-release interviews?
How would you like them structured? Do you like these extensive interviews or do you prefer something more focused and to the point?
Which departments or devs would you like to see featured?

Let me know. :)

I was thinking of doing some post-release stuff. But it all depends on you guys. So let me hijack this thread for a bit then.

How would you like them structured? Do you like these extensive interviews or do you prefer something more focused and to the point?

Just gimme moar! I don't have any special wishes as the ones already done are fantastic. So whatever you'll do can only be good. Oh, and I like them to be extensive.

Hmm. Hoping they throw a huge release party - so i'd love to see some hangover-pictures and would like to hear about the funny details the next day :D

Normally i am not really interested in game-interviews after release, but if there are any news or stuff the Devs want to talk about - just do it. I would like to hear if the Witcher 3 "success" changes anything... maybe also hype for the upcoming expansions.

The writing team! Having something focused and to the point from the writers would be great maybe a fair while after release (maybe a month) so that the story of Wild Hunt itself could be discussed. Anything about how the translators worked together, what sort of inspirations they had etc. etc. in a broad sense but also focused on Wild Hunt would be cool.

I'm also interested in the concept art/design team -- but I think I would hunt down the artists myself and ask them questions rather than get a Q&A. I wouldn't complain if there was one from them though.

The writing team! Having something focused and to the point from the writers would be great maybe a fair while after release (maybe a month) so that the story of Wild Hunt itself could be discussed. Anything about how the translators worked together, what sort of inspirations they had etc. etc. in a broad sense but also focused on Wild Hunt would be cool.

I'm also interested in the concept art/design team -- but I think I would hunt down the artists myself and ask them questions rather than get a Q&A. I wouldn't complain if there was one from them though.

I second these suggestions. I'd very much enjoy an interview with the writers, discussing how they went about adapting the material to the form of a game. I'd also be curious to learn more about their take on the significance of The Witcher story, and its meaning to them. These would be more abstract conversations about creativity and story-telling, and really less about technical aspects. (By the way, @Kinley , remember that question I sent you a while back for the developers? Just curious.) As to structure, perhaps a more specific topic as a theme for an interview, or a selection of related questions? Lots of general questions are always interesting, but they do tend cover a broad range of subjects, and limit concentrated discussion. Keep up the good work, my lord of the Bears, and thank you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom