Developer Spotlight: Of Witchers and Cyberpunks

+
thanks,

Gamersaurs: Like most table top RPG's, Cyberpunk 2020 gives players a lot of room to create the character players want to play. From cop roles to reporters. How much, if any character and play style customization will Cyberpunk 2077 offer players? Will the role or play style a player chooses affect the story?

Roles and customization will be very important for both the story and the gameplay. One of the main rules of Cyberpunk is style over substance, and we have this always at the back of our heads. Also, we are CD Projekt RED! You can be sure that many thing will affect the story, from tricky moral decisions during quests to the way you look; the game world will adapt and change around you depending on how you choose to interact with it.

sounds like a one character game....but pulling any significant difference in the game based on the class you pick is enormous, which basically means you are creating n amount games for n amount of classes. unless its just small details....which is why i prefered having "short stories" in this game playing a rockerboy for about 6h then u play corporate sleezebag then a cop then a netrunner. that way you can really tailor the experiance based on a persons class. then listen to feedback for the sequel.- im not sure i like this one game fits all classes style.

Well, that is how the PnP works - you write a story for your PCs and they run their characters through it. Also the majority of CRPGs now. I don't hink I'd really like to make six or nine different characters to finish a game.

This is good, too, about the Witcher 3; "No quest will be automatically generated. Every little bit of the narrative is hand scripted and carefully designed. So don’t expect something artificial just to fill the game world. The game will be different stories we want to tell you and not just send you running on FedEx quests."

I'd say Netrunning stands a good chance of being solid: "It’s too early to talk about cyberspace now. But we can assure fans that we know how important it is for the settings."

"CG quality is our goal.".

Man. My system upgrade is going to be expensive. Ugh.

Really hope the Cop role makes it in.

And yeah, I would say cyberspace was one of their main objectives from the game since they are fans of the source material.

Really hope the Cop role makes it in.
I can't see why it wouldn't. You should've seen this poll for the first week or two that it ran. Cop was (and still is) one of the leading choices, by a pretty wide margin.

(Which surprised me. Didn't think there would be so many people eager to be lawmen in the dark future.)

Well a lot of Cyberpunk media does star law enforcement officers in some way.

Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell etc.

I just like the concept of a person who has to struggle with the various temptations of a position of power.

Yep. It's one of the classic roles.

AGAIN, I must reference that Cyberpunk is more than covert ops and combat. There is SO much here..I should link Wisdom's excellent post talking about CP2020's near-boundless game opportunites, but I'll settle for saying it rocks because you can do and play nearly anything.

I played a Cop campaign for a half year or so - it was much fun.

Every bit of info just makes me happier and happier, which in turn makes me more worried, which I shrug off as just being silly and paranoid, which I then say "yeah but what if it IS too good to be true".... which I then begin locking the doors and peering out at every passing car....

I need more booze...

Top Bottom