Developer Stream 01.04.2020 #StayAtHome Edition!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Join us LIVE Wednesday, April 1st, 2020 at 7PM CEST at https://www.twitch.tv/burza46 for the #StayAtHome Developer stream, where Pawel Burza and Jason Slama will go over the changes coming with update 6.1!

See you there!

rrc

Forum veteran
The 4P card which takes 3 turns to get 6 points (max in the best case and 3 points in the worst case) is on the cover who is going to support a Leader who can spawn and play a 4P special card. This kind of gives me hope about a major refactor on Dwarfs to make them playable again! If the changes to the dwarfs are good enough to justify 15P for a leader who plays a 4P bronze card, I will be happy about it (though I am still skeptical how he would fare against other strong new leaders who are going to replace existing leaders). Lets hope for a good refactor and healthy meta!

[For God's sake please fix Hattori and EleYas. They are in the sewers for 15 years.]

I'm sure this comes up a lot, but do Burza/Slama ever accept friendly challenges from the playerbase? I feel like it could be a nice thing to somehow arrange given we're all stuck indoors. Doesn't have to be huge, in fact I was thinking teams of 2 or 3 (I'm sure they can find a third teammate). Each player gets one match, teams play each other three times, and factions cannot be repeated by a team once it's been used. (Not today, Nilfgaard!).

I suppose it's rather silly, but people need some fun and laughter. Besides I consider myself a pretty decent player and it would be cool to see how I do against the big guns since my best rank to date is 7 and while I'm sure I am perfectly capable of reaching pro rank, life doesn't always allow for me to play often enough. CDPR could use a little extra PR, in light of how some of the dramatics unfolded and its hard to see B&S take so much heat for decisions that are forced on them. This is as good a time as any to remember why we play games at all, to have fun! NOT care if you lose.

Maybe the winner or winning team can get a little something from the others, not necessarily money, but just a goof to lighten the mood. I dunno, I'm sure I've played some very very good players. Once I beat someone TWICE in a row in arena that had over 10k wins ! Makes you feel good to win against a baller. XD. With my over 20 gold deck sure, but a win is a win. ;) I was told he was a very popular streamer hence so many wins.

Forgive the rambling, I'm not sure if its appropriate to ask but what are their names on gog? If I ever DO find myself playing them randomly someday I'd love to be aware of that! Mine is KovyPell if anyone wants to know and add me. :) Ok, if it's considered a bad idea or just not doable of course I'd understand. OR I can just be demanding and force a best 2 of 3 me vs them both! I'd kick in a few bucks to get a kitty together. People could make bets on the winner, and maybe even more funding can be raised to help get people in need things they really need but can't afford or physically go get. Spitballing, sorry, just playing and posting at once so please forgive me if this whole post is the tome of cringe. 🙄

Just trying to make some friends, and enjoy our little hobby. We'll all be climbing the walls soon, every little bit of levity is important in times like these.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So the stream ended just now, here are few opinions:

- First of all... WTF is that with Cerys? I guess that must have been the April's fool joke in the stream, even Slama and Burza gave hints they realized how freakin OP that was, but laughed it off. Instant 15pts with just 1 ping of Svalblod's, divided on 4 bodies and with 2 card thinning?
I really like Cerys, it was one of my favourite cards on betas, but i dont want to see her super broken, everyone using it and everyone else hating it. Why not prevent this type of shitstorms before they happen?

- The changes to ST will put the final nail on Handbuff and Traps archetypes. Fortunately Isengrim got a much needed nerf, but i think Elves will still be really good, just not used much in the first few days because everyone is using the dwarves.

- The change of Damien and Skellen into row locked units was brilliant, and i had never seen them suggested before. Since these are two of the most hated cards of the past 4 months, im expecting everyone will be teching at least one movement unit.

- In SY, some changes seemed a bit off, like that salamandra bronze and the movement bronze. And where the HELL is the nerf to Luiza+Savolla? It is probably the most OP combo in the game right now, and like 50% of why SY is top dog in the current meta.

P.S.- did i get this right - the new leader abilities wont have mastery (100 wins) contracts right away? So everyone will be using them but those wins wont count until a simple contract (that only requires naming as an effort) is added?

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
So the stream ended just now, here are few opinions:

- First of all... WTF is that with Cerys? I guess that must have been the day's day joke in the stream, even Slama and Burza gave hints they realized how freakin OP that was, but laughed it off. Instant 15pts with just 1 ping of Svalblod's, divided on 4 bodies and with 2 card thinning?
I really like Cerys, it was one of my favourite cards on betas, but i dont want to see her super broken, everyone using it and everyone else hating it. Why not prevent this type of shitstorms before they happen?
Yes, the changes to Cerys is just f**king bonkers. When I played SK, I used to add her for my Svalblod deck. She was still good. Now, she is an instant CA card for a mere 10 provisions. Slama had to reassure that they would be watching this multiple times as he knew that it is bonkers. Lets see how this goes.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yes, the changes to Cerys is just f**king bonkers. When I played SK, I used to add her for my Svalblod deck. She was still good. Now, she is an instant CA card for a mere 10 provisions. Slama had to reassure that they would be watching this multiple times as he knew that it is bonkers. Lets see how this goes.

Pretty sure it will be in EVERY SK deck, not just Ursine RItual ones, but also the new Blaze of Glory, its a Roche Merciless but without having to worry with orders and deathblows, and cheaper (altough Roche Merciless and BS Commandos have that replay option on a different round, that makes them deadly, but still, i think this one is way better, the type of uncounterable BS top tier decks love)

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Pretty sure it will be in EVERY SK deck, not just Ursine RItual ones, but also the new Blaze of Glory, its a Roche Merciless but without having to worry with orders and deathblows, and cheaper (altough Roche Merciless and BS Commandos have that replay option on a different round, that makes them deadly, but still
Don't forget about Lippy who can put Cerys and the Shieldmaidens back in your Deck.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Don't forget about Lippy who can put Cerys and the Shieldmaidens back in your Deck.

My bad, i didnt even think of that, but you're totally right, that would work wonderfully on a Bran or Svalblod deck. And with the buff to bear abominations too...

We had like 2 months where SK Svalblod dominated last year (April and May i think)... will it happen again?

Top Bottom