Developer Stream 04.05.2020

+

Join us live on Monday, May 4th at 7PM CEST at twitch.tv/burza46 for the Developer Stream, where Pawel Burza and Jason Slama will go over the changes coming with Update 6.2!

See you there!

rrc

Forum veteran
Can't wait for this! Hope the balance changes are bigger and more fair.

I ended up not watching the previous dev stream, so looking forward to seeing what they're like on Burza's channel. :p

rrc

Forum veteran
lets nerf one of the few good cards from the worst faction meanwhile syndicate is running around with a legion of 4p poison bronze cards.
If and when the poison is nerfed (make all poison cards as 5P and not break even), MO are going to run wild. They are still incredibly powerful faction struggling due to Poison (and Yarden which people tech against Cache also ruins MO). Larva is probably the strongest 5P bronze (or among all bronzes) in the entire game. It easily reaches 10-12 points and 14 points is not uncommon. If you consider random damage pings landing on Larva it is even higher. Freddy was constantly adding Necromancy to replay Larva (meaning, it is worth 7P) in his MO decks.

Larva should lose one armor or it should thrive only on Barricade. In its current state, it is actually OP.

If and when the poison is nerfed (make all poison cards as 5P and not break even), MO are going to run wild. They are still incredibly powerful faction struggling due to Poison (and Yarden which people tech against Cache also ruins MO).

Simply not true. All factions are stronger than MO, including NR and SK which don't run poison.

Lost all my hopes a long time ago.
- many many cards are trash. They were trash since the beginning, they still are.
- many leader abilities are trash, they became even worse with the addition of new leaders and new cards.
- No real good balance patch since they increased power of almost all cards (a year ago??).
- I think they will kill several interesting remaining cards and turn it into boost/damage.
- a lot of op cards that everyone is using, still every card I is destroyed by cheap new bronze specials.
- no way of rebalance things cause card is either op, either trash. Since H.coming there are no archetypes, so there are just cards that better or worse than the others. So we always see the same cards, cause they are just better.
- provision system doesnt help balance cards: if you increase p.cap of lets say w.spirit, everyone will use it cause of the higher provisions, but the same cards; endrega, yghern, boosting dog, ozzrel,etc.

Waiting for a hc ver2.

If and when the poison is nerfed (make all poison cards as 5P and not break even), MO are going to run wild. They are still incredibly powerful faction struggling due to Poison (and Yarden which people tech against Cache also ruins MO). Larva is probably the strongest 5P bronze (or among all bronzes) in the entire game. It easily reaches 10-12 points and 14 points is not uncommon. If you consider random damage pings landing on Larva it is even higher. Freddy was constantly adding Necromancy to replay Larva (meaning, it is worth 7P) in his MO decks.

Larva should lose one armor or it should thrive only on Barricade. In its current state, it is actually OP.

I want to agree with your point, I really do, but I honestly cannot. Sea Jackal can get up to 15 points in a single turn. Several bronze NR can remove essentially any card they want with setup similar to the insect setup of MO. NG has so many cheep locks it can bust up most strategies. MO needs a major buff, not a nerf to one of its only viable decks.

Guest 4368268

Hoping for a significant update, but I won't hold my breath. I know they're doing the usual nerfing by a provision here and there, but I hope now that they've relieved themselves of expansion deadline pressure they can put some time into the balancing/overal quality of the gameplay. I feel like that's taken a backseat for far too long. Poison and scenarios as mechanics ought to be reworked as a priority. It's a bit disappointing to have to focus on 'fix this' 'solve that' every month, I'd rather be talking about attributions to the game such as new card design but it feels pointless as long as the current card pool has as many issues as in my opinion it has.

I doubt it. MO has been low tier since SY was introduced. If larva woulda made it super sucessful, and poison/yrden are the reasons its not, then why didn't it dominate right after iron judgment? Poison was way less popular, yrden wasn't meta. Also, while i agree larva is strong, a svalblood priest can easily generate 2-3 points passivly, and do much better in the short round with very little setup. Larva is good, but not OP

Duhad

Forum regular

I agree with this, though I think MO needs more buffs to go along with it as they really have been low tier for awhile now. However if/when they are buffed, it should not be with this card remaining a ludicrously strong 5p double engine with enough armor to make it's bodies basically unkillable without a serious over commitment.

Larva having 1 armor would still make it pretty damn strong, easily worth 1p more then nekkers still, but if MO's best bronze is getting a nerf, it needs to come with more of its core getting buffed.

Its not even fun playing this game anymore. All I see is Nilfgaard poison with ball, stupid aristocrats, hidden cache, crazy madam and savola combo. I mean, whats up with this poison cards. Just 2 stacks and your largest unit dies. Now even syndicate has poison. No purify is enough. It's just frustrating. Who thought of this. Like really. Just 2 stacks of poison? Next patch, more poison cards. How fun.

Top Bottom