Developer Update 8.5 Video

+
i think should have some coherence in the card powers.

If devs are trying to put big gold cards at 6 power to not beeing easily removed (damien and eredin buff, and all the new leaders units) devs should put others big golds at 6 power, like auberon, stefan and harald

If devs are trying to put big gold cards at 6 power to not beeing easily removed (damien and eredin buff, and all the new leaders units) devs should put others big golds at 6 power, like auberon, stefan and harald

Hmmh Auberon and Harald are strong deployers. The new leaders do have a strong passive ability. Regarding Stefan: he has a very strong order and will be kind of cheap with 9 provisions after next patch.

Whatever is gonna be the cat witchers buff it really should go with Stygga castle change to 3 charges of moving cards not just at one moment, this would give better flexibility much needed in the movement decks

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Hmmh Auberon and Harald are strong deployers. The new leaders do have a strong passive ability. Regarding Stefan: he has a very strong order and will be kind of cheap with 9 provisions after next patch.
Kinda reminds me that Skellen is getting a buff for the sole reason nobody's been playing him lately, but this is still the guy who can spam Bribery, which consistently plays your legendaries against you, or Coup for his 5th Joachim, or any other tutor like War Council, or Cadaverine for more poison and spawn fun, and now he's going to do all that - PLUS 5 BODY - for 9p? Plus Damien is getting a boost, too. But it's cool, cuz it's order. Not like [Petri's] is a thing...

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about the Damien point increase. I hope the devs realize by now that the reason control options had to be buffed is because of cards like this. With Imperial Formation you can already boost him out of removal range, now with the point increase and IF buff he will be quite tricky to deal with. Even when locked there's still the possibility of Letho: Kingslayer or a purify.
I don't think buffing these massively punishing cards is the right approach to giving NG options other than Ball. But we'll see.
I agree. Powerful, potentially game winning cards almost demand removal. By moving these cards beyond the range of 5 point removal cards (like thunder or rebuke), all that happens is that bigger removal like rockslide or heatwave become auto include — and deck variety decreases still more.
Post automatically merged:

I don’t like big payoff cards outside 5 point removal, but there are definitely others more worthy than those chosen — if only because they might enable a greater variety of decks rather than boost already meta or near meta decks to higher levels. Some examples: Syanna, Gaunter, Maraal, Weavess, She-troll, Ildiko, Artis, Menge.

Last edited:
Kinda reminds me that Skellen is getting a buff for the sole reason nobody's been playing him lately, but this is still the guy who can spam Bribery, which consistently plays your legendaries against you, or Coup for his 5th Joachim, or any other tutor like War Council, or Cadaverine for more poison and spawn fun, and now he's going to do all that - PLUS 5 BODY - for 9p? Plus Damien is getting a boost, too. But it's cool, cuz it's order. Not like [Petri's] is a thing...
Edit: not sure what happened here, and it won't let me delete, so... I repeat for emphasis! :D

I too think buffing Damien to 6 power was uncalled for.
Why?

- Because NG already has THE MOST defensive options out of all factions cause they can:
1st COPY YOUR DEFENDER WITH CADAVERINE!
2nd SIEZE YOUR DEFENDER with either leader or Yenn's Invocation (then play it himself ofc) or other seize options.
3rd Can play Letho into a defender thus getting ANOTHER DEFENDER
4th Play their own defender in the form of Ffion.

5th Yoink your defender with Cantarella from your deck or set up one from your graveyard with the location card and then yoink it
-_-
6th Get your defender from Bribery (if he's lucky)
7th Maybe even play your defender from your hand via Double Cross

:( this is all kinda frustrating lol, the faction with some of the most dangerous removal/lock options is ALSO the master of defensive options (and have the most imba purifier in the game in the form of the Diviner)!

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
If Slama stated it to be a 6 for 4 then he is wrong, as pointed out before (also by you) you need a third elf to even be able to use the second order.
You need a 4th Elf to be able to use the second order.

But I agree. Not all strategems need to be good and auto-include in any specific decks. I also agree that this may be an OK change with some remote utility value. Definitely better than the current version. Only time will tell if Neophytes will be played/playable as the strategem/4P card.

You need a 4th Elf to be able to use the second order.

But I agree. Not all strategems need to be good and auto-include in any specific decks. I also agree that this may be an OK change with some remote utility value. Definitely better than the current version. Only time will tell if Neophytes will be played/playable as the strategem/4P card.
Didnt read well the card and edit the post

Last edited:
Best target of Scoia'tael Neophyte might be Dol Blathanna Bomber, Scoia'tael Neophyte who already used his order or damaged/posioned elfs with body below 3.
If you have Vernossiel in hand and want to play him it can make sense to transform elfs with a power of 4 or less.

Outside of heavily damaged units or 1 point treants, I don't think there are many good ST targets.

Where the neophyte will really show its value is against NG disloyal units (or their poison cows), with particular value against Roderick, Cantarella, or Joachim. Turning those units into Deadeyes makes Coup an almost useless card while shutting down some of the recent 4 x Joachim decks.

Outside of heavily damaged units or 1 point treants, I don't think there are many good ST targets.

Where the neophyte will really show its value is against NG disloyal units (or their poison cows), with particular value against Roderick, Cantarella, or Joachim. Turning those units into Deadeyes makes Coup an almost useless card while shutting down some of the recent 4 x Joachim decks.
As already mentioned above, none of this will work, because Neophytes can ONLY transform other elves into deadeyes.

As already mentioned above, none of this will work, because Neophytes can ONLY transform other elves into deadeyes.

D'oh! Somehow that completely escaped me... For some reason I thought it was going to be a ST version of Slave Infantry.

Top Bottom