Devil by the well bugged?

+
Devil by the well bugged?

Hi there. Got a little problem. I went to the village with the well before I even got the quest. I inspected all huts, found the book and also the skeleton in the hut. I also dived in the well, but I accessed it from the little lake where you normally come up after jumping in the well.
Then I went to the village where you get the quest. So i went back to the abandoned village to complete the quest. I inspected the well and found the skeleton which Gerald pulled up and realized its a women. Now it tells me to look for hints with my witcher senses, but I cant see anything special somewhere. I found everything before I had the quest. Also the bracelet in the well!
Now I am stuck. No ghost showing up at lunchtime or at midnight. Nothing happens at all.
Can't burn the skelli too.
Can i abandon the quest somehow to restart it?
Can you fix that please? In the end its openworld, and it should work like in Skyrim, where the game knows what I did, even if I take the quest later!

Last edited:
This may be a spoiler and I don't remember how to mark something as a spoiler.After pulling the skeleton up from the well, read the glossary/bestiary on noonwraiths. Then look at the body again.

Now you need to burn the bracelet and the skeleton to proceed. The skeleton should be outside the well and then the wraith appears.

Yes, thats the point! Got the bracelet and the book BEFORE I even got the quest. Now the skelli is out of the well and Geralt inspects it when i press"E". That's it. Now the journal tells me I should look around with my witcher sense for hints of a ghost. Cant find anything, cant burn the skeleton.

Hi there,

1) Please go here: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

2) Contact support, select your platform and describe the issue. Be sure to mention that it is the Noonwraith Quest.

3) Be sure to attach a savegame to the report.

This will enable me to properly debug the situation. My apologies you are having this issue. I will keep you posted on the progress.

I would try to run through the triggers that happen normally in the quest and see if anyone still needed to be trigered before being able to trigger the quest. Even if you did them before try to do them all.
As far as i remember they were:
- Read the yellowed Journal
- Jump in the Well
- Be at the village at noon
- Read Bestiary entry on noonwraiths and devil in the well.

My problem was that I did not have a bestiary entry on noonwraiths. So I jumped again in the well and dived back through. This time I found a chest in the cave you dive through and you can go up to breath. Then I got out of the lake and ran back, suddenly I had the bestiray entry eand the quest went on as intended.

Thank you all for your helpful tipps!!

A little programming trick developers should take note of: hide quest items until the player actually receives the quest.

Top Bottom