Devs, please give us first person mode.

+
Devs, please give us first person mode.

I really hate third person view. It's the worst thing ever happened to gaming. At least when you can't switch between third and first person.
For me looking at the characters back is just as annoying as it would be to play holding my hand in front of my face, trying to look past it, all game through.

I understand that implementing a full featured first person mode this late in the games development cycle will be difficult.
If at least we could get a first person view when out of combat when exploring at foot. It would make a huge difference.
A hacky implemented free float cam as an option would be better than nothing.

Pretty please devs, make this happen in a patch or as part of an expansion/DLC *on knees begging*

agreed haven't gotten very far into the game but regardless it seems the armour and weapons don't have a huge difference in looks and for me it makes fighting a lot difficult. i wouldn't mind looking at my character if i had a choice to make my own witcher and highly customize it but we really don't have that option.

getting tired of looking at my witcher in the same old armour.

Please no. Third person view is far superior. It gives a far better overview for example.

But I guess It's all personal preference.

Devs, please never give us first person mode.

I really hate first person view. It's the worst thing that could happen to RPG gaming. Nor could I tolerate the ability to switch between third and first person because it would make nonsense of RPG combat or cinematics. For me looking at disconnected hands or a weapon waving in front of my face, is awful. I'm pleased that the chances of implementing a full featured first person mode for this game would be impossible, but please don't get swayed by the idea for the future. Just don't consider it, you know it makes sense.

Not gonna happen. And obviously that wouldn't work at all for this game. In skyrim it's fine, not here, not at all and not ever.

Devs, please never give us first person mode.

I really hate first person view. It's the worst thing that could happen to RPG gaming. Nor could I tolerate the ability to switch between third and first person because it would make nonsense of RPG combat or cinematics. For me looking at disconnected hands or a weapon waving in front of my face, is awful. I'm pleased that the chances of implementing a full featured first person mode for this game would be impossible, but please don't get swayed by the idea for the future. Just don't consider it, you know it makes sense.

Dumbest reply ever? It is a easy fix for you. If first person get implemented., don't use it.
It would of course be optional to use it like in the elder scrolls series.

Dumbest reply ever? It is a easy fix for you. If first person get implemented., don't use it.

Buying a 3rd Person Game when hating 3rd Person isnt that smart either.

I really hate third person view. It's the worst thing ever happened to gaming. At least when you can't switch between third and first person.
For me looking at the characters back is just as annoying as it would be to play holding my hand in front of my face, trying to look past it, all game through.

I understand that implementing a full featured first person mode this late in the games development cycle will be difficult.
If at least we could get a first person view when out of combat when exploring at foot. It would make a huge difference.
A hacky implemented free float cam as an option would be better than nothing.

Pretty please devs, make this happen in a patch or as part of an expansion/DLC *on knees begging*

The problem is...combat is designed for third person camera.

Dumb? I prefer to think of it as droll, but your mileage may vary.
I grant that Skyrim had first person mode as the protagonist is rather faceless (and has an unvoiced protagonist).
TW3 having a defined character in the form of Geralt, in my opinion requires Geralt's presence on screen,
so my objection was not simply to deter you from having a feature you like,
I think for an action/RPG with a voiced protagonist, that a 3rd person view is highly desirable.

yeah... no. First person view would definitely not fit in a game like this. I understand more options is great, but imagine the headache you'd get rolling all over the place, dodging, how could you POSSIBLY manage all the mobs that the game throws at you at times? Its never going to happen. They'd have to totally rewrite behaviors, spawns, ... ech... no thanks.

Top Bottom