Dexter DeShawn's bodyguard

+
personally i think its upto how we play the mission, if it was going to happen i doubt they would spoil it for us now.
it would have more impact when we find out ourselves through playing.
Again i just hope he survives
This looks like a very hostile world and it would be nice to have a true friend
From what we know, Johnny could be a total asshole, or could be a nice guy
But Jackie seems alright

Pretty sure he is dead af after you slice him in 1000000000 pieces.....but i think you can avoid it to kill him if you are cool with dex

The bodyguard is definitely the same person from the noodle bar, but considering there was a year between the two trailers there might not be much to his hands being cybernetic now. He may have just had his design tweaked over that year.

In any case if he gets impaled with the Mantis blades in game, much like he did in the trailer, I think he's dead. Dex Deshaun, may not be....

Last edited:
The bodyguard is definitely the same person from the noodle bar, but considering there was a year between the two trailers there might not be much to his hands being cybernetic now. He may have just had his design tweaked over that year.

In any case if gets impaled with the Mantis blades in game, much like he did in the trailer, I think he's dead. Dex Deshaun, may not be....
I'm fairly certain Dex is alive, actually. We never see or hear V actually shoot him, do we? I think he got V first and dumped him in the scrap pile.

I'm fairly certain Dex is alive, actually. We never see or hear V actually shoot him, do we? I think he got V first and dumped him in the scrap pile.

What you posted makes sense Dex gets the first shot of for sure . If it`s possible to not have this out come then Dex prob (? )can`t die .

Hmm
But why he let's the immortality chip on v?

What Snowflakez posted , Dex is a Fixer so has no skill himself ??? T Bug definitely gets shot . Not sure if someone said or just my imagination that the chip is stuck in V ??? Still doesn`t answer why " they " dumped V not called the Scav`s up to slice and dice V up for the chip .

What Snowflakez posted , Dex is a Fixer so has no skill himself ??? T Bug definitely gets shot . Not sure if someone said or just my imagination that the chip is stuck in V ??? Still doesn`t answer why " they " dumped V not called the Scav`s up to slice and dice V up for the chip .
Probably don't trust the scavs. At that point, Dex's bodyguard and top netrunner (who can hack into people) were both dead. He probably wanted to dump V, get out and hide somewhere until he could rebuild.

Probably don't trust the scavs. At that point, Dex's bodyguard and top netrunner (who can hack into people) were both dead. He probably wanted to dump V, get out and hide somewhere until he could rebuild.
i thought the chip was stuck in V head so couldn't be removed anyway.
im sure i heard that somewhere.....

i thought the chip was stuck in V head so couldn't be removed anyway.
im sure i heard that somewhere.....
Well, when V enters the motel room, Dex says "start 'er up, bug" and T-Bug starts to operate a Trauma Team machine of some sort. Presumably, this machine is what would safely remove the chip from V's neck without killing or hurting him or her in the process.

I assume T-Bug is the only one with the expertise to operate this machine, or perhaps it can only be interfaced with through a link that she has with it.

It's possible that this machine may not have worked in the first place, even if Dex doesn't betray you. I don't know.

Well, when V enters the motel room, Dex says "start 'er up, bug" and T-Bug starts to operate a Trauma Team machine of some sort. Presumably, this machine is what would safely remove the chip from V's neck without killing or hurting him or her in the process.

I assume T-Bug is the only one with the expertise to operate this machine, or perhaps it can only be interfaced with through a link that she has with it.

It's possible that this machine may not have worked in the first place, even if Dex doesn't betray you. I don't know.

What if you do everything Dex wants but he / they can`t get the chip out so he betrays you anyway ? V could still end up at the dump to meet JS .

On another note did you see the blown up pic of V in the rubbish ? The gun next to V looks like the gun Dex used to shoot V and it looks like Morgan Blackhand might be in the pic too .

https://i.redd.it/nkwooexkh3831.png

What if you do everything Dex wants but he / they can`t get the chip out so he betrays you anyway ? V could still end up at the dump to meet JS .

On another note did you see the blown up pic of V in the rubbish ? The gun next to V looks like the gun Dex used to shoot V and it looks like Morgan Blackhand might be in the pic too .

https://i.redd.it/nkwooexkh3831.png
Yeah, this was one of my thoughts, the Dex betraying you anyway thing. Didn't mention it because I figured there was just too many variables. Personally, while Dex does betray V, I don't think he seems like the type of person who would be all "sour grapes" about it. If V does the job, but Dex is unable to get the chip out, I can't imagine why he would kill them anyway. There's gotta be more to it, I think.

I didn't notice that about the gun, but I did notice the Blackhand-looking person. You're right, the gun does look very similar.
dex gun.jpg

Also, I just noticed Dex actually shoots twice. V doesn't even get a single shot off. Only noticed when I slowed the video down. Huh.

Last edited:
I feel like Trauma Team will be after V to either destroy the chip or steal it for themselves. It would be bad for business if that immortality chip was duplicated. Also I'm going to make sure Jackie's okay, but I'm wondering what will happen to him. Can you tell him to wait in the taxi or...?

I thought they both shoot at the same time.. Hence two shots.
Nope! Look closely. That's what I thought at first, too. Slow down the video and you'll see Dex physically fire twice -- in that trailer, at least, V doesn't get a single shot off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom