Dialogue assassinations

+

Madae

Forum veteran
Well I know we can pull a gun all threatening-like, but was there any mention of situations where you just pop someone off mid-dialogue cause it was going that way, or is it a choice to just draw your weapon whenever you want and start the fight that way?

I'd guess that, since dialogue seems to allow you a decent amount of freedom to move and look around, you'll probably be able to draw your weapon mid-convo if you want. Not sure about any official word on it, but it would feel weird if they went with "you need to select this specific dialogue option when it comes up in a convo" over "just pull out your gun".

Not sure they'd wanna waste one of the 3 things you could say to any given dialogue with "pull out instrument of death" when they already have a button for it.

Madae

Forum veteran
I think it's more interesting to see a cinematic kill and then maybe the shock from the people around you, rather than just pulling your gun and start shooting, where everyone else isn't likely to react with any surprise other than starting combat too - the scripting for the alternative would be complicated.

Just imagine though that you're sitting in a chair having a passive aggressive argument and then all of a sudden you pop your mantis blades out and end them, then dialogue continues normally with others in the room. That's mostly the kind of situation I'm wondering about. Plus, considering it's an RPG and there are health pools, it wouldn't be something so simple as an instant kill normally.

I think it's more interesting to see a cinematic kill and then maybe the shock from the people around you, rather than just pulling your gun and start shooting, where everyone else isn't likely to react with any surprise other than starting combat too - the scripting for the alternative would be complicated.

Just imagine though that you're sitting in a chair having a passive aggressive argument and then all of a sudden you pop your mantis blades out and end them, then dialogue continues normally with others in the room. That's mostly the kind of situation I'm wondering about. Plus, considering it's an RPG and there are health pools, it wouldn't be something so simple as an instant kill normally.

d9a02793b9691a8b4926fcc157f8c024.jpg

Well I know we can pull a gun all threatening-like, but was there any mention of situations where you just pop someone off mid-dialogue cause it was going that way, or is it a choice to just draw your weapon whenever you want and start the fight that way?
I mean if you can pull a gun, your only one click away from shooting them since dialogues are not separate from gameplay usually.

I think it will be more of a dialogue option then just pulling out a gun using the attack button/trigger. I do remember the devs saying you could pull out you gun during conversations which idk if they were talking about a dialogue option or just being able to.

It would be interesting to be able to pull out a gun any time during conversations and just popping a guy/girl for being a dick or lying like pop in the leg.. "oh sorry sweetheart do we have you attention now?" I'm lending more toward it being just a dialogue option over just pulling your gun out anytime you please and shot anyone in that conversation. Would be cool and interesting to see the impact it would have on your story, but ether way Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be amazing!!!

I think it will be more of a dialogue option then just pulling out a gun using the attack button/trigger. I do remember the devs saying you could pull out you gun during conversations which idk if they were talking about a dialogue option or just being able to.

It would be interesting to be able to pull out a gun any time during conversations and just popping a guy/girl for being a dick or lying like pop in the leg.. "oh sorry sweetheart do we have you attention now?" I'm lending more toward it being just a dialogue option over just pulling your gun out anytime you please and shot anyone in that conversation. Would be cool and interesting to see the impact it would have on your story, but ether way Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be amazing!!!

V is a junkie as far I know, its most likely the NPCs wanna put their gun on your head instead. Ive a feeling its just the opposite. This game is gonna be disappointment for those who wanna be some egoistic-gun-holding-power dude.

Guest 4211861

I believe there are some like that, the one with Royce, we've seen that in a German or Japanese clip.

Also, when you land the AV at the bar, you can attack the thugs as they close in on you. Not an assasination, but still, it cuts down on blabbing time.

However, I think you need to wait for an opportunity, it doesn't seem possible to interrupt the dialogue at any time, after all, they may have guns trained on you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean if you can pull a gun, your only one click away from shooting them since dialogues are not separate from gameplay usually.
I guess the key question is: which NPCs are invulnerable to guns due to being essential to the story.

We already knew that player is not blocked from doing stuff while in a dialogue.

We already know there are invulnerable characters (children, specifically). Nothing preventing NPCs being invulnerable too. I would imagine that fixers are likely to have plot armor as well at least.. Unless CDPR have made multiple replacements for them.

V is a junkie as far I know, its most likely the NPCs wanna put their gun on your head instead. Ive a feeling its just the opposite. This game is gonna be disappointment for those who wanna be some egoistic-gun-holding-power dude.
V only appears as a junkie if you go street kid path.

Top Bottom