Dialogue with the dwarf.

+
Dialogue with the dwarf.

You’ve already watched few gameplay videos, presenting all the most interesting features of the game. Now it’s time for a piece of humor from The Witcher. Today, you can download a video showing a dialogue between Geralt and the dwarven blacksmith. Proceed here to watch witcher and nonhuman chatting about local politics. Enjoy!

Hmm, i failed to see the humor in that, but i did see some nice little details that i liked, a lot! :)Plus, when i clicked that linked it took me to a non-English version of the video, so i couldn't understand a thing, but i noticed the voice of Geralt.. Very different than the English dub.. (and the dwarf as well! hehe) I still love the English dub voice. Very good choice. :D

Lost in translation! As I am Czech I was able to understand something from the Polish version and it is really well done - everything is natural: the movements, the fluency of the speech, it really can be (and more likely it is) funny, but English version simply is not. :-\ They probably choose a wrong guy for the job and he didn't have the slightest idea what he was talking about. Maybe this is something that should be solved in some patch.

Yes, some things were lost in translation apparently. I listened to both Polish and English versions and the Polish dwarf is way more salty than the English one. Is it possbile that the American and British versions differ here?

I thought the English dialogue was quite good, and then I listened to the Polish version and it was brilliant, much better still. There were more details in the Polish version, the conversation seemed more fluid and realistic and the way he rebukes and swears at Geralt at the end was excellent. It's made me want to obtain the Polish version, but I'm in the UK and have already ordered the English version which should arrive in a day or two.I hope in future it will be possible to use a Polish language pack, otherwise I might have to buy the game twice!

Kropotkin said:
I hope in future it will be possible to use a Polish language pack, otherwise I might have to buy the game twice!
You loose, they win :p

In the Polish version the dwarf says something like 'the execution was a real hoot' while in the English he only says he laughed which doesn't really sound that sarcastic. There are actually lines omitted in the English dialogue. Like when the dwarf says the wood saved on gallows could be used for making toy swords. When asked why nonhumans are persecuted he says something like: 'Why a dick goes into a cunt? It's how the things are. Go figure out by by yourself. Or ask that bastard Borock (sp?).'

Top Bottom