Dice Poker board for TW3 CE (Look at Rome 2!)

+
Dice Poker board for TW3 CE (Look at Rome 2!)

Ever since we got these beautiful dice with TW2's Collector's Edition, I've been hoping, pleading and begging for a dice board for dice poker to be sold or included in a future CE. Now Total War: Rome II has come up with a genious solution for how to implement it in a cost-efficient way.

Rome II's box can be folded open and the inlays removed to reveal the board for a backgammon-like game printed on the inside of the box. In a similar manner a dice poker board could be made for TW3's CE. With sturdy, high-quality cardboard and good colouring, it could look sufficiently nice while being dirt-cheap. Preferably CDPR could include a lower inlay underneath those holding the CE goodies to form the 'bowl' and little slots for the dice. As a dice poker board is a single board and not separated (like Rome II's game), the box wouldn't have to be foldable but may be a regular box just as TW1 CE and TW2 CE.

Opinions? Approvals? Refusals?

Opened box to be seen at the top. (Image from Amazon)

There is a catapult! lol!

IMO if I got a dicebox for the Witcher universe I would want the box to be a little more high quality than that. I would rather buy it separately from the collectors edition if need be...

The pieces look great though.

The dicebox could be the cardboard box it comes in; it just needs some quality art on the inside.

Something like Frans Hals, "Merrymakers at Shrovetide"

Gimme, gimme! I want a dice poker set with 2 sets of dice! I am going to purchase it! I liked it even more than backgammon. Hell, i have no one to play with (because no one i know in RL knows of Geralt), but the hell with it! Insta-buy! Would prefer for it to be sold separately though, because i am not so sure i will be able to afford over 50 euros for the game (collector's), when it is out finally (work payment is going downhill and taxes skyrocket).

AngelOfPassion said:
IMO if I got a dicebox for the Witcher universe I would want the box to be a little more high quality than that. I would rather buy it separately from the collectors edition if need be...
AngelOfPassion said:
Would prefer for it to be sold separately though

Well, certainly an actual wooden box of high quality that is sold separately would be beyond awesome! But seeing that there still isn't any official merchandise, I could be satisfied with the above solution for the time being. But maybe the upcoming board game is a silver lining for all those hungry for official merchandise. And maybe we'll get the real deal then.

AngelOfPassion said:
The dicebox could be the cardboard box it comes in; it just needs some quality art on the inside.

I have very little worries about the quality of the artwork. After all, both TW1's and TW2's dice board were absolutely beautiful. Choosing proper material and doing the artwork justice with the execution of the box is the real issue, I think (the number of examples for nice or even great CE goodies that were spoilt by bad quality probably is near infinite - just think of all the small, poorly designed, cheap artbooks or ridiculously small maps!).

Top Bottom