Did any of our ideas came to life in CP 2077 after the Devs read it here?

+
I'm sure that at least fan feedback from The Witcher 3 and it's expansions will definitely affect certain aspects of Cyberpunk 2077 (they even mentioned melee combat as one of them), just like feedback from The Witcher 2 greatly affected Witcher 3, then Witcher 3 feedback affected the expansions and Thronebreaker.

In case of The Witcher 3 they also included some changes during game development due to fans suggestions, like expansion of the Novigrad area, changing White Bridge town into Oxenfurt, changing in-game main currency from orens to crowns, improvements to Geralt's animations for combat and exploration, as well as making Skellige less snowy (admittedly, that was one of the changes I didn't like).
I hope so, they need to improve from TW3 (in particular on loot and progression system IMHO).

I didn't know they changed that much. Very interesting! But how fans knew all those things? No trailer showed novigrad's area or white bridge... mmm...

I didn't know they changed that much. Very interesting! But how fans knew all those things? No trailer showed novigrad's area or white bridge... mmm...
First trailer and some early promotional materials have shown White Bridge and Novigrad briefly, I believe. I remember it was enough to stir up a lot of... discussion, let's call it, on polish forum at the time.

I hope so, they need to improve from TW3 (in particular on loot and progression system IMHO).
I think the main purpose of Street Cred system is to balance those things in a more effective way. Completing sidequests will now mostly earn you a Street Cred, which reduces the chances of your character becoming too OP for the main quests after doing all the optional stuff. Street Cred also gives you an access to new vendors with better gear, which serves as a more natural way of preventing the player from getting his hands on top tier gear and augmentations without hiding it behind level restrictions. At least that's my take on that.

I think the main purpose of Street Cred system is to balance those things in a more effective way. Completing sidequests will now mostly earn you a Street Cred, which reduces the chances of your character becoming too OP for the main quests after doing all the optional stuff. Street Cred also gives you an access to new vendors with better gear, which serves as a more natural way of preventing the player from getting his hands on top tier gear and augmentations without hiding it behind level restrictions. At least that's my take on that.
yeah, yeah, that's my hope as well, but I really fear for "use a skill point to learn double jump or improve aim" instead of using cyberware, seeing a level 32 enemy that becomes bullet sponge because it's levels higher than V but looks and behaves like any low level thug, and levelled loot with lvl3 shotgun worse than the same shotgun but labeled as level 12. Biggest flaws of TW3 IMHO, but this is subjects for other threads.

Thanks by the way for all the info about TW3 changes, wasn't aware of that. (y)

You're all welcome, by the way.
You guys are all pathetic, not only I convinced iwinski and kicinski to found CDP, but also made their respective parents met. :smart:

[QUOTE="

You guys are all pathetic, not only I convinced iwinski and kicinski to found CDP, but also made their respective parents met. :smart:[/QUOTE]

Yer well i invented Poland and the Internet all before lunch :rolleyes:

I bet Mike came up with the whole cyberpunk idea when he was in a drug den listening punk and zoning out over a pinball machine.

---what if------- those balls where real men in a chaotic city full of lights

We will leave that for you to find out :)
Since you were so kind as to give me a Red Point on another thread recently, and a while back actually answered one of my questions I think we can safely conclude CDPR is listening. And one can assume discussing some of what we bring up here among themselves.

The real question is: how much of what we've suggested is practical to implement in terms of time/effort/and their vision of the game?

We will leave that for you to find out :)

Alright, if in the main game or any DLC to follow, there will be deeper NCPD interactions or any unusual reference to "metropolice" including but not limited to a fan group or union on the in-game net, I will be very happy and pretend I encouraged this with my thread so I can pat myself on the back :ok::shrug:

Shameless ad for those who never saw it:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...de-content-thoughts-and-discussions.10981127/

This snarky comment is the first thing I've seen that makes me think that the game might actually come out this year.

Wasn't snarky.

REDs are pretty cool, Li included, and want fans to look forward to the game. Reds are very very excited about 2077. While being able to say almost nothing about it.

Please don't misconstrue intentions here.

Wasn't snarky.

REDs are pretty cool, Li included, and want fans to look forward to the game. Reds are very very excited about 2077. While being able to say almost nothing about it.

maybe it was not the best choice of words.. but what is right word for this then?

Not sure if I should really hold my breath over this matter regarding what I’ve put out, but... I’ve heard of a few small elements that’ve had pretty similiar thinking behind them to some of my very very old ideas.

Wasn't snarky.

When they're already very tight-lipped, it's probably not reasonable to ask them to say "Yes, this feature that X person requested from (insert Reddit, Forums, Discord here) will be in the final game." Especially when so much is probably still in flux.

Maybe after launch? Or maybe not. Historically, devs (in general) seem to be a bit iffy about saying they get ideas from specific parts of the community. I remember Bethesda did it once when they said the draw speed of bows in Skyrim would vary based on the tier of said bow, and that the idea came from a mod for Oblivion, but that's the last specific example I can think of.

It's probably either a matter of PR, or perhaps even legal concern. Wouldn't want some angry community member going on a tirade across the web complaining about how their idea was stolen without a billion dollar payout. :rolleyes:

maybe it was not the best choice of words.. but what is right word for this then?

Evasive.

Or simply "why are snowflakez's ideas in the game and mine not?"
Or
"You should've used your ideas instead of doing what snowflakez said"

Which by the way would be glorious since I agree with him/her (always assumed male, biased about nerds :shrug: ) about several concepts. :ROFLMAO:

There's always one...
Yes, that's an excellent point.

I interpreted the original response as evasive with just a hint of condescension (i.e., "na, na, na, na, wouldn't you like to know ...").

But you and @Snowflakez are exactly right. 99% of us would just be happy to know that the energy we put into making suggestions made some sort of impact, but that 1% out there ruin it for everybody. It was just a few days ago that some nut claimed credit for the Wolverhampton FC logo from 60 years ago (and got a court hearing on it !).

In any event, I wasn't trying to criticize CDPR. I'm pretty consistently on the record as stating that they're my favorite developer, by a long shot, because they try to treat their customers fairly and with dignity. But I was suggesting (probably with vain hope) that the tone of the response might be accidentally conveying some sort of enthusiasm that we're going to be seeing the game sooner rather than later.

I interpreted the original response as evasive with just a hint of condescension (i.e., "na, na, na, na, wouldn't you like to know ...").

But you and @Snowflakez are exactly right. 99% of us would just be happy to know that the energy we put into making suggestions made some sort of impact, but that 1% out there ruin it for everybody. It was just a few days ago that some nut claimed credit for the Wolverhampton FC logo from 60 years ago (and got a court hearing on it !).

In any event, I wasn't trying to criticize CDPR. I'm pretty consistently on the record as stating that they're my favorite developer, by a long shot, because they try to treat their customers fairly and with dignity. But I was suggesting (probably with vain hope) that the tone of the response might be accidentally conveying some sort of enthusiasm that we're going to be seeing the game sooner rather than later.
Well, I have seen Lilayah make similar responses lately, so maybe there's merit to your theory. But obviously we have no idea until E3. Good news is, won't have to wait much longer.

And i though it was 'sharky' (as in biting and funny) you know... EEK The Cat....

Dyslexia is a bliss ;P

Top Bottom